Introduce Yourselves:

Howzit ladies and gents. I have been vaping for a year. I must say that I am a new member to the forum. However I have used the forum through out my year of vaping as a great source of advice on my purchases and liquid mixes. Just want to say thanks to everyone on sharing their trial and error and wisdom.
Hope I can add to the wisdom.
And are there any vape meetings in Cape Town?. Would dig to meet some fellow Vapers and see what crazy devices they put together.

Welcome @Jysin
Glad you found the forum useful even before you signed up. Goes to show that there are people out there reading what we write and hopefully benefiting from it.
Glad you finally joined.
The last larger Cape Vape Meet happened quite a while back. Not sure when the next one is. Keep an eye out on the Vape Meet forum for announcements though. There are smaller meets taking place all the time, just check with the Cape Town vapers.
All the best

Hello. From CT, been vaping for probably a year now.

Tried a friend's Twisp back then and thought "This is great, I could really get into this!". Did not know there was an entire world of different products and styles of vaping. How Twisp have managed to take hold of the name "ecigg" with the general public, with such crappy expensive products I don't know, good marketing/publicity I suppose.

Did a lot of reading and for my first purchase decided against a really cheap one (I knew vaping was something I would stick with), bought an Innokin MVP 2.0 and a Kanger Pro Tank 3 - later replaced with an eLeaf GS Air. This MVP2 has not given me a single moment of issues, it's been absolutely entirely flawless from the get-go, and the brand has really won favour with me because of it. Also really glad to have found Vapour Mountain, epic flavours and great price at the same time, the VM4 and Berry Blaze is out of this world!

But after spending hundreds and hundreds on replacement coils for these 2, and growing tired of the average/poor flavour and vapour amount from the clearo's, the leaking from these pre-built coils and constant cleaning, and having tried out a mod for the first time recently (completely blew my mind!!, the flavour and vapour is just unreal), it's really time to upgrade...

So I'll be sticking around to leech on the wisdom of you veteran vapers, and hopefully end up with a really solid setup that will last me another year or 2.

Welcome @vapeandacrepe - cool name ;-)
Congrats on the vaping and for finding the forum
I too started on Twisp in Oct 2013 and was very surprised to find a whole world out there ;-)
I am also a fellow MVP2 lover. Mine is still in daily use about 18 months on ;-)

As for upgrading, there is so much to choose from now. And so much good. The choice is growing. As for something that will last you "another year or two" - that is quite challenging. Better things seem to be launched by the week. It would help if you know whether you prefer mouth to lung or direct lung hits with lots of airflow. And whether you would prefer building your own coils or buying commercial stock coils. I assume your current gear is more mouth to lung.

What device did you vape recently that blew your mind?

All the best and hope it goes well for you

Cheers for the intro! I've spent quite a fair amount of time getting up to speed with all the different options. It's funny how flawed each of the devices are, I'm really struggling to find one that just works as it should, without faults, this gets worse the smaller your budget goes. I realize that being electronic devices they will have flaws and there will be duds, but many don't even get the basics right it seems, and some really push it by having so many issues. I probably would have pulled the trigger already on an eLeaf iStick, Kanger Subox kit, SMOK M80 Plus or IPV2 Mini if they didn't all have issues. The bigger ones like Sigelei 100W/150W and IPV3/4 are really tempting and look reliable, but I don't really have budget for that right now, and they're so big its like carrying a crammed wallet. After seeing all these issues with IPV, Sigelei, SMOK, Kanger, Joyetech - I'm very quickly deciding on that MVP 3.0 as well, and now that its powerful enough at 60W, and powerful enough at 4400mah or whatever, and likely with pass-through that actually works and isn't at risk of blowing up in your pocket, I think I'll also be holding out for that.

With regard to the MVP3 - the 30W one that is available now - i think it was too little too late. I too am a mVP2 fan and I was really looking forward to the MVP3, but decided to skip it. The MVP3 Pro, which is the one i think you are referring to sounds to be much better. 60W is more than ample and if its like the MVP2 in durability and reliability I will definitely be getting one.

Welcome @vapeandacrepe - cool name ;-)
Congrats on the vaping and for finding the forum
I too started on Twisp in Oct 2013 and was very surprised to find a whole world out there ;-)
I am also a fellow MVP2 lover. Mine is still in daily use about 18 months on ;-)

As for upgrading, there is so much to choose from now. And so much good. The choice is growing. As for something that will last you "another year or two" - that is quite challenging. Better things seem to be launched by the week. It would help if you know whether you prefer mouth to lung or direct lung hits with lots of airflow. And whether you would prefer building your own coils or buying commercial stock coils. I assume your current gear is more mouth to lung.

What device did you vape recently that blew your mind?

All the best and hope it goes well for you

Thank you for the friendly welcome :)
Nice one!! MVP2 is so good, I love how @Jysin described it :rofl::
Mate you can't go wrong with a innokin device. It's like a Toyota. Tough and reliable for days.
I can also liken this device to a Nokia 3310, you know those old bricks that could probably survive being dropped in chernobyl haha :D.
I am mouth to lung with my MVP2.0 but looking for direct lung hits with my new rebuildable sub-ohm mod/tank. I'm done with prebuilt coils. I vaped I believe an Arctic on a small Cloupor, but it blew my mind away in the sense that I hadn't ever tried sub-ohm before, than the device itself. I'm looking for a 50W+ mod with more-than-likely a Kanger Subtank Mini. I'm so so close to getting a SMOK M80 Plus (dont need the TC), but I'm skeptical to get it, given the issues I've read about.
Thank you, will be sticking around, any tips and guidance more than appreciated :)

With regard to the MVP3 - the 30W one that is available now - i think it was too little too late. I too am a mVP2 fan and I was really looking forward to the MVP3, but decided to skip it. The MVP3 Pro, which is the one i think you are referring to sounds to be much better. 60W is more than ample and if its like the MVP2 in durability and reliability I will definitely be getting one.
Yes I'm talking about the MVP3 Pro 60W. Only lack of patience in getting a better mod is what is tempting me to buy the SMOK M80 Plus now, plus the fact I think its the most attractive mod to me in black in this price range.

Hey forum,been told to introduce myself so here goes.Im from Benoni on the east rand,been into vaping to get away from hubbly and I preffer it ten fold,I currently own a Subtank mini on an ehpro device and im loving it!ive been into clouding for a while now and I dig the vibe around 'vapors' (the people and the smoke)
I think that covers it?

Yes I'm talking about the MVP3 Pro 60W. Only lack of patience in getting a better mod is what is tempting me to buy the SMOK M80 Plus now, plus the fact I think its the most attractive mod to me in black in this price range.
Mate to be quite honest the only thing you going to get by waiting is more devices coming out to confuse you even more. hit up you tube. Watch some reviews and make a decision and don't regret it. If that doesn't work repeat the process on the loo. Men do their best thinking on the loo

Thank you for the friendly welcome :)
Nice one!! MVP2 is so good, I love how @Jysin described it :rofl::

I can also liken this device to a Nokia 3310, you know those old bricks that could probably survive being dropped in chernobyl haha :D.
I am mouth to lung with my MVP2.0 but looking for direct lung hits with my new rebuildable sub-ohm mod/tank. I'm done with prebuilt coils. I vaped I believe an Arctic on a small Cloupor, but it blew my mind away in the sense that I hadn't ever tried sub-ohm before, than the device itself. I'm looking for a 50W+ mod with more-than-likely a Kanger Subtank Mini. I'm so so close to getting a SMOK M80 Plus (dont need the TC), but I'm skeptical to get it, given the issues I've read about.
Thank you, will be sticking around, any tips and guidance more than appreciated :)

No prob, i think you will like the Subtank mini because you can get the stock coils and do your own. If yr own coil breaks or you have a problem, you can always pop in a commercial coil

As for the ideal mod to drive it, that depends on many things - mainly your preferences. If it will be your main mod and you will take it out and about with you, then you need something a bit smaller. (Sig 100 etc is too big). Problem is that then rules out a two battery mod. Which is fine, if you get a one batt mod, you can keep a spare charged battery - just make sure you can easily open the mod to take out the battery. Some have screws which are a pain to do repeatedly.

As for the M80, you cant remove the batteries, but it has mega battery life and should easily last a full day or even two days. I dont have one but most of the folk on here that have one say they really love it. Good value for money.

Another option is the iStick50W. I have one and the battery life is very, very good. Got mine quite some time ago. Have probably vaped about 12 ml so far (not a primary device) and the battery meter has only moved down one notch! Still the factory charge so i havent charged it yet. Have a silcon sleeve on it and it works very well. I can vouch for it.

PS - Dont get rid of the mouth to lung setup on the MVP2. I suggest you keep that as your backup.

Hey forum,been told to introduce myself so here goes.Im from Benoni on the east rand,been into vaping to get away from hubbly and I preffer it ten fold,I currently own a Subtank mini on an ehpro device and im loving it!ive been into clouding for a while now and I dig the vibe around 'vapors' (the people and the smoke)
I think that covers it?
Welcome mate
Vaping is shit loads better then bubbly and obviously more convinient.

I could help noticing your profile pic......
Is your face on fire? How are you bellowing so much vape?

Welcome @vapeandacrepe

If you like black it might be worth looking at the Kanger Subox kit. It's a fantastic new kit (mod + atomizer) that is one of the best looking sets out there. It'll be available locally in the next week or two. Just google it and see for yourself ;)

Enjoy the forum :D

Welcome mate
Vaping is shit loads better then bubbly and obviously more convinient.

I could help noticing your profile pic......
Is your face on fire? How are you bellowing so much vape?
Haha thanks jysin,thats the 80-20 mix of mine with the 0.5ohm coil..pretty sick and beats a well jacked hubbly time and time again

Welcome @Daniel Heilbrunn

Since you are in the area, we are having a vape meet on the 28th (see here for details) ;)
Come join us for an awesome vibe - it's always great fun :D
Anyone else in the area reading is welcome too, of course :)

Enjoy the forum and the vape :)

I think that covers it?

Welcome @Daniel Heilbrunn - thanks for the intro
Many vapers on here from the East Rand -
Nice gear you have and from thr avatar pic, it looks like you are making loads of clouds.
You should consider entering a cloud blowing competition at next year's Vapecon!
All the best with your vaping and enjoy the forum
We have a very special place here

Haha thanks jysin,thats the 80-20 mix of mine with the 0.5ohm coil..pretty sick and beats a well jacked hubbly time and time again
Definitely will be coming to you for advice (if you don't mind) when I get my new box mod and sub tank..

Definitely will be coming to you for advice (if you don't mind) when I get my new box mod and sub tank..
If you're looking for a great cloud chasing juice on most mods hit me a message I'll hook you up

I find it pretty amazing how mellow all vapors are..must be something in the e-liquid that brings out the true south african spirit!

Welcome @Daniel Heilbrunn

Since you are in the area, we are having a vape meet on the 28th (see here for details) ;)
Come join us for an awesome vibe - it's always great fun :D
Anyone else in the area reading is welcome too, of course :)

Enjoy the forum and the vape :)
Ill be therelooks like there's great bunch of people on this forum:rock:

Hi! Here's my story:

I have never smoked in my life outside of trying it when I was a kid. I didn't like the taste and the burn and frankly I did not get any satisfaction from it that prompted a repetition of the initial sample. Many years later, hookahs/hubblys became a thing and everybody had one, and THAT was the first time I found some form of satisfaction. No burn, great taste (I thought) and massive clouds! Eventually I had my own and it was legend, but with hookah comes the obvious pita of 5cm hole burns in every surface in your house, the drippy, sticky, and stinky juice covering everything and the device itself that starts rusting after the first 2 seconds of use, mainly due to the generally inferior stuff used to make it as affordable as possible.

Now, when e-cigarettes first hit the scene in the form of thin little cigarette-look-alikes, it was not immediately appealing to me since the clouds were fairly mif and flavours were limited to that of it's papery couterparts. Marlboro juice. Joy.

Then I met Ye Olde Twisp when I moved down to Cape Town in 2012 and although loads better than the first versions, it was still pretty much a nicotine dispenser to serve as a replacement for conventional cigarettes, better clouds than the pioneers but nowhere near what the hookah was kicking out... It seemed that I would be forever doomed to the pipe that dare not speak it's name.

Then one day fellow gamer, friend and colleague @Johanvdmrw started talking about vaping at the office and needless to say, up until that point my understanding of vaping was something different entirely (See "Volcano Vaporizer") so it took me a while to realize that this was in a league of it's own... This was an e-cig on steroids, and it smelled and tasted amazing, and the clouds... oh, the clouds... Here was something that could finally replace the hookah and satisfy my Gadgetophaelia at the same time!

So I went to "Vape Mob" in Bellville, took a hit from a magestic Panzer 26650 Mod with what seemed like a Doge or Nemesis RDA and macro coils, spent all of yesterday watching every video on the RIP Tripper channel and now, I am here.

Hello :D

Last edited:
Hi! Here's my story:

I have never smoked in my life outside of trying it when I was a kid. I didn't like the taste and the burn and frankly I did not get any satisfaction from it that prompted a repetition of the initial sample. Many years later, hookahs/hubblys became a thing and everybody had one, and THAT was the first time I found some form of satisfaction. No burn, great taste (I thought) and massive clouds! Eventually I had my own and it was legend, but with hookah comes the obvious pita of 5cm hole burns in every surface in your house, the drippy, sticky, and stinky juice covering everything and the device itself that starts rusting after the first 2 seconds of use, mainly due to the generally inferior stuff used to make it as affordable as possible.

Now, when e-cigarettes first hit the scene in the form of thin little cigarette-look-alikes, it was not immediately appealing to me since the clouds were fairly mif and flavours were limited to that of it's papery couterparts. Marlboro juice. Joy.

Then I met Ye Olde Twisp when I moved down to Cape Town in 2012 and although loads better than the first versions, it was still pretty much a nicotine dispenser to serve as a replacement for conventional cigarettes, better clouds than the pioneers but nowhere near what the hookah was kicking out... It seemed that I would be forever doomed to the pipe that dare not speak it's name.

Then one day fellow gamer, friend and colleague @Johanvdmrw started talking about vaping at the office and needless to say, up until that point my understanding of vaping was something different entirely (See "Volcano Vaporizer") so it took me a while to realize that this was something different entirely... This was an e-cig on steroids, and it smelled and tasted amazing, and the clouds... oh, the clouds... Here was something that could finally replace the hookah and satisfy my Gadgetophaelia at the same time!

So I went to "Vape Mob" in Bellville, took a hit from a magestic Panzer 26650 Mod with what seemed like a Doge or Nemesis RDA and macro coils, spent all of yesterday watching every video on the RIP Tripper channel and now, I am here.

Hello :D
Great story, thanks. And welcome to the forum. Happy vaping.

HI GUYS
i am new to the forum but not new to vaping.iv been vaping for a year and a half now quit the stinkies aswell.currently im vaping on a smok xpro m80 with a freakshow dripper on 0.3ohm at 53watts.this is my night mod and in the day at work i vape on a cloupor mini with a lemo 2 at 0.7ohm.loving the forum guys keep up the good posts.oh and my daily juice is a 3mg bloody sunday made by voodoo juice for me this is an exellent all rounder vape which i do not get bored of.does well on a dripper and a tank.

HI GUYS
i am new to the forum but not new to vaping.iv been vaping for a year and a half now quit the stinkies aswell.currently im vaping on a smok xpro m80 with a freakshow dripper on 0.3ohm at 53watts.this is my night mod and in the day at work i vape on a cloupor mini with a lemo 2 at 0.7ohm.loving the forum guys keep up the good posts.oh and my daily juice is a 3mg bloody sunday made by voodoo juice for me this is an exellent all rounder vape which i do not get bored of.does well on a dripper and a tank.
Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Seems you are well sorted with gear and juices. Happy vaping.

Back