Introduce Yourselves:

Thanks Gents, appreciate the warm welcomes.
@DougP thanks for the tip, as soon as the budget recovers, I'll give it a look in ;-)

@AnArKi you don't happen to be from the old PCF forum? Or one of the nerdy ones. I remember someone with the same nick from years back, perhaps someone else though

Thanks guys always thought the veteran vapors were rather stuck up and would laugh at me with my little twisp thingy the case is the total opposite very friendly and incredibly helpful thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The forum has love for all.btw, how much nic. are you at?

Hi Guys

Here is my longer-than-intended story

I've been vaping for about 2-3 years now (can't recall exactly) and followed the well walked path of starting with Twisp and eventually moving on to a different vendor (Vape Africa). My decision at the time was purely financial as I was spending roughly the same at Twisp as I was on regular analogues. In this time I've been through numerous Evod / Protank / Aerotank clones to try and find that perfect vape. And while VA aren't bad, none of their products really satisfied me - hence the constant experimentation.

The turning point for me came about 6 weeks ago while I was on holiday overseas with a friend who still smokes. My fongkong special started acting up, even after coil changes, and eventually I just started smoking again. When I got back I went to VA and explained my predicament and they demo'd me a "new" product of theirs - a sub ohm tank by the name of Vostro. Luckily they didn't have stock, because when I googled it later I couldn't find any reviews on it. I then made the decision to find another vendor and discovered that Vape Mob had a store down the road from me. So I decided to go there with a very simple brief: Upgrade my vaping experience.

And boy did they fulfill that brief. The guy there, Josh, was incredibly helpful and patient; and eventually I walked away with a Subtank mini, iStick 30W and a 30ml of Rocket Sheep Purple Alien. Of course you can just imagine how much different my vaping experience was - :OMGRUNANIMIATION: - and things haven't been the same since. I'm definitely moving more and more towards the rebuilding side of things and I'm looking forward to learning even more from the pros here.
AnArKi@glad to hear you got the "good stuff" from a vender you trust. You've got good set up and you are on your way to smoke free! Good luck.

Hello Everyone

Andre here from Cape Town. Been lurking on this forum for a couple of days as I have been super interested in expanding my Vaping knowledge and venturing beyond the old Twisp, while also kicking the stinkies for good!
Have been super impressed with the amount of experts on here willing to help out all the noobs like myself. So I just had to sign up and join the community.

I have been a smoker for 10 years now and 2 years ago I decided I needed a healthier, less stinky alternative... So I bought a Twisp Clearo, which I thoroughly enjoyed at first but then the spiraling downfall of problems started happening... Dead batteries, leaking tanks, problem after problem. Anyways, I stuck with it as I was unaware of any other options out there.

This week my search for something new started and I stumbled upon this forum and I am super excited to start my vaping journey soon! There are soooo many options out there and I've been doing a lot of research. So come month end, I will be taking the plunge and buying my first lot of hardware. :dance::FADDANCING:

Welcome Andre & I hope you enjoy your time with us. First true hardware is always the best ;), then comes more & more .....

Hello Everyone

Andre here from Cape Town. Been lurking on this forum for a couple of days as I have been super interested in expanding my Vaping knowledge and venturing beyond the old Twisp, while also kicking the stinkies for good!
Have been super impressed with the amount of experts on here willing to help out all the noobs like myself. So I just had to sign up and join the community.

I have been a smoker for 10 years now and 2 years ago I decided I needed a healthier, less stinky alternative... So I bought a Twisp Clearo, which I thoroughly enjoyed at first but then the spiraling downfall of problems started happening... Dead batteries, leaking tanks, problem after problem. Anyways, I stuck with it as I was unaware of any other options out there.

This week my search for something new started and I stumbled upon this forum and I am super excited to start my vaping journey soon! There are soooo many options out there and I've been doing a lot of research. So come month end, I will be taking the plunge and buying my first lot of hardware. :dance::FADDANCING:
Welcome @Andre_B :D

I hope you enjoy the forum. Take your time, have a look around, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to shout :)

Welcome Andre & I hope you enjoy your time with us. First true hardware is always the best ;), then comes more & more .....

Welcome @Andre_B :D

I hope you enjoy the forum. Take your time, have a look around, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to shout :)

Thanks, I am sure I will have many questions! :D

Hello Everyone

AndreB@ Welcome and get ready for a fun and healthy journey.

Charlie here from Cape Town South Africa. Used to smoke a pack a day till I bought myself and ego one, i find the 6mg nic flavours with a 1 ohm coil works really well for me, have not smoked a cig for almost a month now and still going strong, im here to get the best of vaping to keep it interesting and satisfying.

Charlie here from Cape Town South Africa. Used to smoke a pack a day till I bought myself and ego one, i find the 6mg nic flavours with a 1 ohm coil works really well for me, have not smoked a cig for almost a month now and still going strong, im here to get the best of vaping to keep it interesting and satisfying.
Wow @charlie simons thats awesome that you've found a combo that works for you right from the start, well done on your first stinky free month :rock:

Welcome to the forum :D

Great stuff. Your taste buds are well on their way to recovery at this stage. Happy vaping.

Hi@Charlie simons I also started w/an ego and it helped me end a 47yr.habit.Keep it up!

Hey Charlie some of the nicest ppl you will ever meet are on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys and gals

My name is Leonard and i started using an e cig exactly 30 days ago and have only cheated twice smoking half a smoke on day 4 just to see what the difference was and was horrified then about 2 weeks later as i forgot to charge my twisp edge which totally sucks by the way and smoked a quater of a smoke and will never ever again

I bought the twisp as an impulse buy just to see and was quite suprised and now im hooked its amazing how much research i have done about vaping a week after i started and have only become more and more interested

I think i like the idea of getting into coil builds and mixing my own juice later in time

I managed to convert a friend of mine to vaping the same day as we are both heavy smokers at least 2 packs a day minimum and he has not touched a "stinkie" in 30 days either as a thank you he has bought me the Kangerteck min starter kit while he is in the U.K and im pretty exited I hope to get active here as this seem like one very cool comunity

Soooo many newbies :D

Welcome to the family to all the new members :) we are happy to have you here :)

Remember to shout if you need anything. Actually no don't shout... Shouting on the Internet is bad... But do feel free to ask questions and I'm sure they will be answered promptly :)

Hello Everyone

Welcome to the forum @Andre_B
Well done on the vaping so far!
And great that you doing the research.
Enjoy your stay. We have a great place here!

Welcome to the forum @charlie simons
Big congrats on not smoking for a month. Great achievement!
Enjoy the forum

Hello guys and gals

My name is Leonard and i started using an e cig exactly 30 days ago and have only cheated twice smoking half a smoke on day 4 just to see what the difference was and was horrified then about 2 weeks later as i forgot to charge my twisp edge which totally sucks by the way and smoked a quater of a smoke and will never ever again

I bought the twisp as an impulse buy just to see and was quite suprised and now im hooked its amazing how much research i have done about vaping a week after i started and have only become more and more interested

I think i like the idea of getting into coil builds and mixing my own juice later in time

I managed to convert a friend of mine to vaping the same day as we are both heavy smokers at least 2 packs a day minimum and he has not touched a "stinkie" in 30 days either as a thank you he has bought me the Kangerteck min starter kit while he is in the U.K and im pretty exited I hope to get active here as this seem like one very cool comunity

Welcome to the forum @Eequinox
Well done on stopping the stinkies.
Indeed, vaping is an amazing journey. Coil building and DIY juices open up a whole new world
Enjoy your stay and let us know how its going

Hello guys and gals

Awesome! Congrats, you have done the hard yards. From here on in, as your taste buds come to life, it is a flavour journey. If that is the Kangertech Subox Mini kit, it is great - here is a write up: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini-june-2015-edition.t12498/
Happy vaping.

Hi Everyone

I'm from Joburg.

Been a vaper for 2 and a half years, glad to be off the stinkies lol.

I have started with CE4's and finally moved onto Sub ohm vaping with my subtank and ego one battery.

Can't wait for my Joyetech Evic VT..... super excited.

Good to be part of this forum.

Welcome all newbies to the forum! There is nothing better than finding this forum and finding a whole heap of like minded humans ready to help you!:rock:

Back