Introduce Yourselves:

Hi , I'm new to this community , I used smoking for 5 years and it makes me looks bad , I gotta vaping last year and that feels more healthy and funny than ever . Like to share stories with you and enjoy vaping with you guys
Welcome @Swapinef :)

Enjoy the forum :D

Greetings all new members and established members alike.

Stefan here AKA StevoStevo. I'm 25 YOA, originally from SummerSet West, now living in Hermanus.

I have been smoking hand-rolled tobacco since 2010 (not long i know) but within that time it's taken it's toll on my body, I estimate to have smoked roughly 2.5 x 50g packets a month. If current calculations are correct that's a total of 6.875kgs worth, which as you can imagine has had dramatic effects...

I had learnt about E-cigarettes in 2013, bought myself an Ego CE5 but everything about it, besides the flavors, was rather unsatisfactory and lead to my, near immediate relapse into smoking. The chain smoking continued up until the middle of last month when I started having some discomforts. I have since cut down on the smoking significantly but am however not cured of the habit entirely. I have scratched out the old Ego and found that the battery had gone. I rewired to USB and luckily the atties were still usable after a good wash, rewicking and rewiring which BTW, is VERY INTRICATE! This little solution was my only option for the time being as whatever spending money I have has gone into some big orders, all of which besides one, i am still waiting to receive. As you'll see, I've gone all out, the orders are as follows.

RECEIVED: Concentrated & diluting liquids. All ordered from www.SkyBlueVaping.co.za
TFA Whipped Cream 10ml TFA-WCM X 1
TFA Fudge Brownie 10ml TFA-FBR X 1
TFA Vanilla Swirl 10ml TFA-VNS X 1
TFA White Chocolate 10ml TFA-WCH X 1
TFA Double Chocolate 10ml TFA-DCL X 1
TFA Spearmint 10ml TFA-SPMT X 1
TFA Toasted Marshmallow 10ml TFA-TMM X 1
TFA Kalua and Cream 10ml TFA-KLC X 1
TFA Brown Sugar 15ml TFA15-BRS X 1
TFA Crème de menthe 10ml TFA-CDM X 1
TFA Ripe Banana 10ml TFA-RBN X 1
TFA Organic Strawberry 10ml TFA-OSB X 1
TFA Blueberry Extra 10ml TFA-BBE X 1
DIY 250ml pure VG (BP) DIY 0.0 VG 250 X 2
DIY 250ml pure PG (BP) DIY 0.0 PG 250 X 1
TFA Apple 10ml TFA-APL X 1
30 AWG Kanthal A1 30ft YK-30 X 1

NOT YET RECEIVED: Ordered from multiple online stores.
Rechargeable Multi Battery Charger for 26650, 18650, 18350, 14500, 16340, 10440 Li-ion Batteries
4 X 1500 mAh 30A 18350 Rechargeable Li-ion Batter
4 X 2500 mAh TangsFire 30A 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
EGO USB VV Passthrough Variable Voltage
KSD Vamo v7 VV Mod 40W Variable Voltage and Wattage
SMOK Xcube II box mod 160w vaporizer Variable Wattage and Temp control
SMOK TFV4 5ml Tank (RTA)
Youde Zephyrus OCC Sub ohm 5ml Tank (RTA)
SvoëMesto Kayfun v4 atomizer 4ml Tank (RTA)
Magma 22mm Rebuildable Dripper (RDA)
Veritas 22mm Rebuildable Dripper (RDA)
454 BigBlock 22mm 3ml Rebuildable Dripper (RDA)

Once these goodies arrive i plan to give up this nasty, stompie collecting habit entirely!
Expect lots of VapeMail uploads! =P

Hoping customs has it easy on me. I'm trying my bamndest to stay away from the smokes until these packages arrive.. Wish me luck. Happy vaping all!
Welcome @StevoStevo :)

Wow, it seem you went all out there, you've picked some really great gear and looks like you're going full steam into DIY juices too. A word of caution though, I feel that I must warn you that the batteries that you've bought sound extremely suspect. My advice would be to bin them but if you feel compelled to at least try them out I would exercise extreme caution. 1500mah for an 18350 is a blatant lie and there is certainly no way on this earth that you would be able to safely pull 30A from one without it exploding in a rather nasty chemical fire. Same goes for the 18650s, any battery with the word "Fire" in the name should be avoided like the plague. Other than that it sounds like you're going to have fun :)

Enjoy the forum ;)

Welcome @StevoStevo :)

Wow, it seem you went all out there, you've picked some really great gear and looks like you're going full steam into DIY juices too. A word of caution though, I feel that I must warn you that the batteries that you've bought sound extremely suspect. My advice would be to bin them but if you feel compelled to at least try them out I would exercise extreme caution. 1500mah for an 18350 is a blatant lie and there is certainly no way on this earth that you would be able to safely pull 30A from one without it exploding in a rather nasty chemical fire. Same goes for the 18650s, any battery with the word "Fire" in the name should be avoided like the plague. Other than that it sounds like you're going to have fun :)

Enjoy the forum ;)

Laugh my f***** vape out!! (LMFVO) Yeah no i know hey. Just trying to save a buck where i can as i've just about cleaned out my bank account with those orders. I'm aware that the green Sony batteries, the LG purple batteries and some other purple batteries are the best for high current mods but maaaan, they are pricey! So i opted for these, the 18650s stated that they come with a warranty so A++ on that. Thanks for the input bud, I'll definitely let everyone know how these puppies hold up!

Other than that, I'm very much of a DIY guy so if course I'm going to mix my own liquids and building my own coild, thus all those RDAs and RTAs. Besides, since the price of premixed flavor liquids are so high, i recon i've saved about a R2.5k on that purchase alone. I've seen the cheaper, "LiQua" flavors going for R130 for 30ml. SO, if i do the math. I have about 750ml worth of luiqid. (750ml / 30ml) * R130 = R3250.. I only spent R720. So R3250 - R720 = R2530... A substantial amount in savings... I say screw the nic as well, no need for that when you're going to be blowing clouds. :p DIY all the way!

hows it going been vaping for a year mixing my own juice and loving it hoping to pick some tips along the way im from the uk looks like a great site

hows it going been vaping for a year mixing my own juice and loving it hoping to pick some tips along the way im from the uk looks like a great site
Welcome @tr1cky :)

I'm sure you'll pick up a tip or two here, enjoy the forum :D

Hi @tr1cky .. also from the UK.. live here now. .welcome mate.. enjoy..

Welcome to the forum @tr1cky
Congrats on the year of vaping
Enjoy your stay. We have a great place here!

Greetings all new members and established members alike.

Stefan here AKA StevoStevo. I'm 25 YOA, originally from SummerSet West, now living in Hermanus.

I have been smoking hand-rolled tobacco since 2010 (not long i know) but within that time it's taken it's toll on my body, I estimate to have smoked roughly 2.5 x 50g packets a month. If current calculations are correct that's a total of 6.875kgs worth, which as you can imagine has had dramatic effects...

I had learnt about E-cigarettes in 2013, bought myself an Ego CE5 but everything about it, besides the flavors, was rather unsatisfactory and lead to my, near immediate relapse into smoking. The chain smoking continued up until the middle of last month when I started having some discomforts. I have since cut down on the smoking significantly but am however not cured of the habit entirely. I have scratched out the old Ego and found that the battery had gone. I rewired to USB and luckily the atties were still usable after a good wash, rewicking and rewiring which BTW, is VERY INTRICATE! This little solution was my only option for the time being as whatever spending money I have has gone into some big orders, all of which besides one, i am still waiting to receive. As you'll see, I've gone all out, the orders are as follows.

RECEIVED: Concentrated & diluting liquids. All ordered from www.SkyBlueVaping.co.za
TFA Whipped Cream 10ml TFA-WCM X 1
TFA Fudge Brownie 10ml TFA-FBR X 1
TFA Vanilla Swirl 10ml TFA-VNS X 1
TFA White Chocolate 10ml TFA-WCH X 1
TFA Double Chocolate 10ml TFA-DCL X 1
TFA Spearmint 10ml TFA-SPMT X 1
TFA Toasted Marshmallow 10ml TFA-TMM X 1
TFA Kalua and Cream 10ml TFA-KLC X 1
TFA Brown Sugar 15ml TFA15-BRS X 1
TFA Crème de menthe 10ml TFA-CDM X 1
TFA Ripe Banana 10ml TFA-RBN X 1
TFA Organic Strawberry 10ml TFA-OSB X 1
TFA Blueberry Extra 10ml TFA-BBE X 1
DIY 250ml pure VG (BP) DIY 0.0 VG 250 X 2
DIY 250ml pure PG (BP) DIY 0.0 PG 250 X 1
TFA Apple 10ml TFA-APL X 1
30 AWG Kanthal A1 30ft YK-30 X 1

NOT YET RECEIVED: Ordered from multiple online stores.
Rechargeable Multi Battery Charger for 26650, 18650, 18350, 14500, 16340, 10440 Li-ion Batteries
4 X 1500 mAh 30A 18350 Rechargeable Li-ion Batter
4 X 2500 mAh TangsFire 30A 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
EGO USB VV Passthrough Variable Voltage
KSD Vamo v7 VV Mod 40W Variable Voltage and Wattage
SMOK Xcube II box mod 160w vaporizer Variable Wattage and Temp control
SMOK TFV4 5ml Tank (RTA)
Youde Zephyrus OCC Sub ohm 5ml Tank (RTA)
SvoëMesto Kayfun v4 atomizer 4ml Tank (RTA)
Magma 22mm Rebuildable Dripper (RDA)
Veritas 22mm Rebuildable Dripper (RDA)
454 BigBlock 22mm 3ml Rebuildable Dripper (RDA)

Once these goodies arrive i plan to give up this nasty, stompie collecting habit entirely!
Expect lots of VapeMail uploads! =P

Hoping customs has it easy on me. I'm trying my bamndest to stay away from the smokes until these packages arrive.. Wish me luck. Happy vaping all!
Went right for the deep end w/that order!

@StevoStevo buddy,I'll be 60 soon and had smoked since childhood literally.I got into vapeing and I don't even consider smoking and wish the vape was around 35 yrs. ago. I was the proverbial heavy smoker and if I can quit anybody with an ounce of will and an ego pen can also.Good luck.Vapeing and the forum is a powerful one two punch against smoking.

@StevoStevo buddy,I'll be 60 soon and had smoked since childhood literally.I got into vapeing and I don't even consider smoking and wish the vape was around 35 yrs. ago. I was the proverbial heavy smoker and if I can quit anybody with an ounce of will and an ego pen can also.Good luck.Vapeing and the forum is a powerful one two punch against smoking.

Thanks hey, the vote in confidence is refreshing!! It's worth mentioning that not all those items are for me. Dads bday is coming up soon so I'll be giving him the V7 with an attie or two of his choice. He's also been quite the smoker for the greater majority his life. Like me, he hadn't had much luck with the original cigarette shaped e-ciggies either, then i tried to get him to invest in an Ego EC5 when I got mine but he was hell bent on his cigarettes. And quite frankly, I know better than to argue with or try twist the arm of an old-school German. =P

Hopefully the new advances in the technology will get him to change his ways too. Pipes, cigarettes, hand rolling tobacco, it's all the same as you're essentially inhaling burning vegetation laden with pesticides, radiated fertilizers and what not all else being added.

We shall see, the fact that it's a gift should persuade him. He may be stubborn but he's sentimental too so i'll gladly use that to an advantage if it means achieving good health!

Thanks hey, the vote in confidence is refreshing!! It's worth mentioning that not all those items are for me. Dads bday is coming up soon so I'll be giving him the V7 with an attie or two of his choice. He's also been quite the smoker for the greater majority his life. Like me, he hadn't had much luck with the original cigarette shaped e-ciggies either, then i tried to get him to invest in an Ego EC5 when I got mine but he was hell bent on his cigarettes. And quite frankly, I know better than to argue with or try twist the arm of an old-school German. =P

Hopefully the new advances in the technology will get him to change his ways too. Pipes, cigarettes, hand rolling tobacco, it's all the same as you're essentially inhaling burning vegetation laden with pesticides, radiated fertilizers and what not all else being added.

We shall see, the fact that it's a gift should persuade him. He may be stubborn but he's sentimental too so i'll gladly use that to an advantage if it means achieving good health!
@StevoStevo a good son helping dad is a wonderful thing and I hope you succeed. You'll need a ejuice he enjoys to be successful. Might I suggest an ry4 tobacco flavor, it seems to hit a chord w/ long time smokers. Once again, luck to ya'.

@StevoStevo a good son helping dad is a wonderful thing and I hope you succeed. You'll need a ejuice he enjoys to be successful. Might I suggest an ry4 tobacco flavor, it seems to hit a chord w/ long time smokers. Once again, luck to ya'.

It's much appreciated! And thanks a bunch for the Winner award! =]] .. I have heard only good things about RY4, unfortunately SkyBlue were all out at the time of my order. I know he enjoys his chocolate so i basically got Double-Chocolate and Fudge-Brownie for him. I don't have much of a sweet tooth myself, more of a fruity, spearmint, coffee, nuts or slight hints of menthol guy but figured I'd give the sweets a try too. I recon RY4 with about 2% menthol should be just perfect for him as his second choice of smokes is Stuyvesant menthol, first being Camel, not sure which tho. Your suggestion is however most certainly considered. It'll be in the next order for sure!

Last edited:
It's much appreciated! And thanks a bunch for the Winner award! =]] .. I have heard only good things about RY4, unfortunately SkyBlue were all out at the time of my order. I know he enjoys his chocolate so i basically got Double-Chocolate and Fudge-Brownie for him. I don't have much of a sweet tooth myself, more of a fruity, spearmint, coffee, nuts or slight hints of menthol guy but figured I'd give the sweets a try too. I recon RY4 with about 2% menthol should be just perfect for him as his second choice of smokes is Stuyvesant menthol, first being Camel, not sure which tho. Your suggestion is however most certainly considered. It'll be in the next order for sure!
@StevoStevo I use ry4 (4.5ml.) Menthol (1.5ml.) pg.-vg.(50%-50%) for a30ml. bottle. I love this recipe, my A.D.V.

Hi Guys and Girls. One thing I have learned and can relate to is that 90 percent of us vapers has started out with a twisp, then the website (ecigssa) then something decent. So thank you twisp for helping us make the right choice.

Hi Guys and Girls. One thing I have learned and can relate to is that 90 percent of us vapers has started out with a twisp, then the website (ecigssa) then something decent. So thank you twisp for helping us make the right choice.
Hi Petrus I'm with you on this one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hey guys & girls, my name is Miroslav and I am from P.E and been on the site for a while, mostly just browsing. Only started posting today. Been vaping a good couple of months and mostly do DIY juices. Go through way to much juice to keep buying juices. All ready had some great experiences from the community especially from Kieran and also the people over at Skyblue.

love finding good recipes to make up to try like alsorts really sweets drinks tobaccos anything not buying juice not been for about 9 month just concentrates and making my own do like the strong flavours though

Hey guys & girls, my name is Miroslav and I am from P.E and been on the site for a while, mostly just browsing. Only started posting today. Been vaping a good couple of months and mostly do DIY juices. Go through way to much juice to keep buying juices. All ready had some great experiences from the community especially from Kieran and also the people over at Skyblue.
Most welcome. Looking forward to see your contributions. Happy vaping.

Welcome @lobo and @Tricky DIY is so important to me as a vaper.I agree I could never afford the juice I'm making for Pennies on the dollar. I'm so lucky to have hit on a recipe I love. Good luck to you both.

Good day Ladies and Gents, I thought it a good idea to introduce myself. My name is Claude and I am from sunny (well not at the moment) Cape Town.
I've been vaping for about 2 years now. Started with Twisp, and quickly moved through a bajillion devices to try and find that perfect vape. I have recently realised there is no thing and that I will just have to settle with upgrading every once in a while to keep getting more out of it.

I stumbled across the site in my search for vaping goods in Cape Town and have been creeper stalking threads for a while now. I will be active to semi active as work takes up like 90% of my time.

Still looking for the perfect nickel build on my device so if anyone here is a pro builder let me know and I would appreciate any assistance with that.

More than this, see you in the clouds.

Salt

Good day Ladies and Gents, I thought it a good idea to introduce myself. My name is Claude and I am from sunny (well not at the moment) Cape Town.
I've been vaping for about 2 years now. Started with Twisp, and quickly moved through a bajillion devices to try and find that perfect vape. I have recently realised there is no thing and that I will just have to settle with upgrading every once in a while to keep getting more out of it.

I stumbled across the site in my search for vaping goods in Cape Town and have been creeper stalking threads for a while now. I will be active to semi active as work takes up like 90% of my time.

Still looking for the perfect nickel build on my device so if anyone here is a pro builder let me know and I would appreciate any assistance with that.

Salt
Hi and welcome @Salty C Bear :)

Great that you've decided to join up here, the more the merrier :D

@Yiannaki is our Temperature Control fundi, I'm sure he can help with any nickel related questions. Maybe check out this thread:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/nickel-builds.t10558/

Enjoy the forum :)

Salt
@Salty C Bear welcome, there will be plenty of nickel build tips on the forum i'm sure

Hello everyone,my name is tony.Nice to meet you all and hope to make friends with you all.Thanks!

Back