Introduce Yourselves:

Howdy everyone. I'm Craig. Been just over two years since my wife and I stopped those horrid, smelly cancer sticks. Used the cigalikes first but two months ago started on the ijust 2. Now I'm hooked...

Just received my Smok Koopor 200 and my Aromamizer RDTA. Sadly, I'll only be able to use them next week as I wasn't able to get the tank, mod and all the other paraphernalia at the same time (this stuff gets a bit pricey when you add it all together). I'm aching to get my hands on some kanthol and cotton and start building coils and mixing juice.

I was very happy to find the forum during one of my online product searches and after referring to the forum numerous times, decided it would be foolish not to join this rapidly expanding community of like minded individuals. Looking forward to this forum interaction and the wealth of information and support therein.

Vape long and prosper!;)
Craig0

Welcome to the forum @Craig0 and thanks for the lovely intro.
Congrats on giving up the stinkies!
Know exactly what you mean about the vape gear being pricey. But hang in there and pick wisely.
Feel free to ask questions as you go and enjoy your stay here. We have a great place.

Howzit all.. My name is Karl. From Vredehoek in Cape Town. Been vaping since end of 2013 and never touched a siggie again. :rock: Started on Twisp then, and currently running a rolo rx200 mod with a Aromamizer RDTA and its just awesome. Also have a white Joytech Evic VTC mini with Tron tank. Still a bit new to building coils, always been a pre-built coil guy. Or somebody bulding it for me. LOL ;) But between Youtube, and lots of practise im getting there. Currently running normal kanthal, 24ga coils. Also have some 26ga Titanium wire, but struggling big time with it, so still lots to learn. (wasted soooo much wire trying, still no working coil yet) LOL.

Anyway. Juices. I dig my dessert flavours. Big fan of Milky Way from Sir Vape. Big fan of Foggs line. And also Debbie Does Donuts from Mr Hardwicks. (need to buy two bottles at a time) LOL. Mango, pear, lemon, stawberry my fav fruity flavours.

Glad to be part of the forum. Working shifts so will try check in as often as i can..

Cheers

PS: Got my wife on the Eleaf iJust2 with 0.3ohm coils. That thing performs like a beast.

Welcome to the forum @KarlDP
Super intro - thanks - i liked your juice breakdown
Congrats on the vaping. Marvellous!
Loads of members here that can help you on the coil building. Just ask...
Enjoy your stay

Hey there. Jay here. Live in Hell (the Northern Cape.....lol) Started vaping about a month ago. Have cut down on cigs, a pack lasts about 4-5 days now. Started with a Vape-o. 6mg juices are too harsh though, so I've bought 200ml of Glycerine B.P., halved a 10 ml strawberry juice into an empty strawberry essence bottle. Added 20 ml of pure Glycerine B.P., and about 10 ml of distilled water. have shaken up the mix. Letting it marry for about an hour, then I'll fill my tank and give it a bash.
Oh ja. The reason for thinning out the original juice is that the throat kick of the straight 6mg is just way too harsh for me. I take a "normal" drag like i would do on a cig, and end up coughing my freaking lungs out, and exhaling little to no vapour whatsoever.

Any advice or tips on how to mix at home would be great. Either in replies or if it's a doozie of a message, inbox me.

Have a great day folks.

Last edited:
Hey there. Jay here. Live in Hell (the Northern Cape.....lol) Started vaping about a month ago. Have cut down on cigs, a pack lasts about 4-5 days now. Started with a Vape-o. 6mg juices are too harsh though, so I've bought 200ml of Glycerine B.P., halved a 10 ml strawberry juice into an empty strawberry essence bottle. Added 20 ml of pure Glycerine B.P., and about 10 ml of distilled water. have shaken up the mix. Letting it marry for about an hour, then I'll fill my tank and give it a bash.
Oh ja. The reason for thinning out the original juice is that the throat kick of the straight 6mg is just way too harsh for me. I take a "normal" drag like i would do on a cig, and end up coughing my freaking lungs out, and exhaling little to no vapour whatsoever.

Any advice or tips on how to mix at home would be great. Either in replies or if it's a doozie of a message, inbox me.

Have a great day folks.

Welcome to the forum @PharCyde13
Congrats on the vaping and on cutting down the stinkies!
Quite common for people to smoothe out the juices by adding some VG - just be careful adding too much distilled water, it may make the juice too thin and runny and you may get more leaking in your device.

Lots of advice on DIY in several great threads in the DIY and mixing subforum:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/diy-liquid-mixing-vg-and-pg/

All the best and enjoy your stay

Welcome to the forum @PharCyde13
Congrats on the vaping and on cutting down the stinkies!
Quite common for people to smoothe out the juices by adding some VG - just be careful adding too much distilled water, it may make the juice too thin and runny and you may get more leaking in your device.

Lots of advice on DIY in several great threads in the DIY and mixing subforum:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/diy-liquid-mixing-vg-and-pg/

All the best and enjoy your stay

What ratio of PG with nicotine and flavour / VG / distilled water would you suggest? If I start with 10ml of PG.

What ratio of PG with nicotine and flavour / VG / distilled water would you suggest? If I start with 10ml of PG.

Not sure exactly

All I know is that if you put in too much distilled water, it does thin it out and you could get leaking.

For my Lemo1 I used to add about 0.5ml of distilled water into 10ml of 50/50 juice. So about 5% distilled water. It just thinned it out slightly to make for easier wicking. But I don't do that anymore.

Generally speaking, I find 50/50 PG/VG is a good ratio for all purpose vaping. Decent throat hit and decent wicking and decent clouds.

For a smoother experience with less throat hit and more clouds - around 70% VG seems to be a good spot. Also well suited to the higher powered gear.

Hi SA vapors

MY Name is Dirk Van Noordwyk
Im From Harrismith an been vaping for 1 year and 2 months.

Im also DIYing
Im going to sell my own range soon

Have A great Day all
#KeepOnVaping

hi, momoe here, new to the world of vaping.
started in December as a way to cut down on the 25-30 i use to smoke daily (intended cutting down only for my daughters health), i started off with a kangertech subox mini and the 25-30 dropped to 0.
20160110_010106[1].jpg
started tasting food, everything smelled different and my house no longer has that filthy stench what initially started off as a health exercise for my daughter has benefited me in the long run.

i am now 1 month off and i love it.

Hi All

My name is Shaun. I are Chinese. Friend of Lim. Stop smoking and start vaping.

Ok seriously all the above are true and I am not FOB, raised and bred since 87 til now. Started smoking when I was 11 and have been on and off it until recently, when my friend Lim introduced me to the concept of Vaping two years ago. Back then I was on my way to China and wanted to buy a vape in HK..bad idea! Very expensive you know!? Then forgot about it during my one year Chinese course concentration camp in China.

Now I am back for good and had the eGo ONE since December. Preparing to get a Uwell Crown with a Joyetech Cuboid from Lim soon. >:) Oh and am from Jozi and have been rebuilding my own coils for a while now..but I suck at it! ;(

@KarlDP Welcome to the family! That is a rock solid setup you have there. I'm crazy about my Reuleaux and Aromamizer. The two were born for each other! Keep it up with the coils, when you get the hang of it it is hugely rewarding. Perhaps you should look into getting a coil masters tool set. They usually come with cheat sticks which make building super simple.

I have to agree with you on the iJust2. It's performance is far harder than what it's looks suggest. It's definitely a little beastie that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys. Im a software developer and have been vaping exclusively for 2 years.. Billow v2, smok m80. Adv's: fogmachines nuts and bolts, craft vapours devil in disguise..

hi, momoe here, new to the world of vaping.
started in December as a way to cut down on the 25-30 i use to smoke daily (intended cutting down only for my daughters health), i started off with a kangertech subox mini and the 25-30 dropped to 0.
View attachment 44082
started tasting food, everything smelled different and my house no longer has that filthy stench what initially started off as a health exercise for my daughter has benefited me in the long run.

i am now 1 month off and i love it.

Welcome to the forum @momoe
Congrats on the month off stinkies. Hard part done!
Loved your intro
Wishing you all the best for your journey. Feel free to ask questions as you go
Enjoy your stay

Hi All

My name is Shaun. I are Chinese. Friend of Lim. Stop smoking and start vaping.

Ok seriously all the above are true and I am not FOB, raised and bred since 87 til now. Started smoking when I was 11 and have been on and off it until recently, when my friend Lim introduced me to the concept of Vaping two years ago. Back then I was on my way to China and wanted to buy a vape in HK..bad idea! Very expensive you know!? Then forgot about it during my one year Chinese course concentration camp in China.

Now I am back for good and had the eGo ONE since December. Preparing to get a Uwell Crown with a Joyetech Cuboid from Lim soon. >:) Oh and am from Jozi and have been rebuilding my own coils for a while now..but I suck at it! ;(

Welcome to the forum @Cobrali
Thanks for the intro and all the best with your new gear. Tell us how that goes when you get it.
Enjoy your stay here.

Hi guys. Im a software developer and have been vaping exclusively for 2 years.. Billow v2, smok m80. Adv's: fogmachines nuts and bolts, craft vapours devil in disguise..

Welcome to the forum @Stefan
Congrats on the 2 years! Great going.
Enjoy yoir stay here

Hey guys it's great to be here. I'm an apprentice learning for millwright before going to uni. I started vaping to stop casual smoking...now I'm a full time vaper...low nicotine though. I went out and bought a twisp solo, it fills my needs

Hey guys it's great to be here. I'm an apprentice learning for millwright before going to uni. I started vaping to stop casual smoking...now I'm a full time vaper...low nicotine though. I went out and bought a twisp solo, it fills my needs

Welcome to the forum @Grizzly_vegan
Congrats on replacing the casual smoking. You will probably thank yourself in 20 years time that your casual smoking didnt turn into a 20 year pack a day habit!
Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask questions as you go

Back