Introduce Yourselves:

Hi everyone i'm Stefan.
Started vaping after my back op 5 months ago.
Unfortunately using a twisp devise, not doing it for me any more.
No knowledge on the new mods and tanks.
Hopefully someone can assist.
Want to buy on Friday.
What i do know is that i must get a 60 watt mod with temp control.
On the tank i'm unsure.

Hi everyone i'm Stefan.
Started vaping after my back op 5 months ago.
Unfortunately using a twisp devise, not doing it for me any more.
No knowledge on the new mods and tanks.
Hopefully someone can assist.
Want to buy on Friday.
What i do know is that i must get a 60 watt mod with temp control.
On the tank i'm unsure.
Mate,
Firstly big welcome to the forum. I would suggest the faithful and trusted Kangertech Sub Box Mini as a good set up for you at this stage, but other members may completely disagree. If you are fairly new to vaping the temp control devices may be a bit intimidating at first, but again this is a very subjective matter. If you can get to a local vendor they will most definitely point you in the right direction and you will be able to view what is on offer. Good luck with the vaping, you have made the right choice in getting off the fags. Let us know how you get on.

Mate,
Firstly big welcome to the forum. I would suggest the faithful and trusted Kangertech Sub Box Mini as a good set up for you at this stage, but other members may completely disagree. If you are fairly new to vaping the temp control devices may be a bit intimidating at first, but again this is a very subjective matter. If you can get to a local vendor they will most definitely point you in the right direction and you will be able to view what is on offer. Good luck with the vaping, you have made the right choice in getting off the fags. Let us know how you get on.
Hi Neal
Thanks allot and will definitely keep you posted.
Just came to the point where i need to a decent set up before i fall back on the fag wagon.
Didn't smoke even one fag since i started vaping.
Cheers

Hey there. Jay here. Live in Hell (the Northern Cape.....lol) Started vaping about a month ago. Have cut down on cigs, a pack lasts about 4-5 days now. Started with a Vape-o. 6mg juices are too harsh though, so I've bought 200ml of Glycerine B.P., halved a 10 ml strawberry juice into an empty strawberry essence bottle. Added 20 ml of pure Glycerine B.P., and about 10 ml of distilled water. have shaken up the mix. Letting it marry for about an hour, then I'll fill my tank and give it a bash.
Oh ja. The reason for thinning out the original juice is that the throat kick of the straight 6mg is just way too harsh for me. I take a "normal" drag like i would do on a cig, and end up coughing my freaking lungs out, and exhaling little to no vapour whatsoever.

Any advice or tips on how to mix at home would be great. Either in replies or if it's a doozie of a message, inbox me.

Have a great day folks.
Lol. Your lungs will get used to it. Just find your personal, comfortable place and you are good to go. ...Right Gear, settings, juice, it will all come together. Well worth dropping the cigs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hi Neal
Thanks allot and will definitely keep you posted.
Just came to the point where i need to a decent set up before i fall back on the fag wagon.
Didn't smoke even one fag since i started vaping.
Cheers
Hi @Luna

Welcome to the forum and well done for not falling off the wagon! It will probably become even easier not to do so if you upgrade your setup. I agree with @Neal that temp control is not an absolute necessity (two of my three mods are temp control but I vape on wattage mode more often than not) and that the Subox Mini starter would be a solid choice. It is nice to have the temp control option though (if you choose to vape in wattage mode, it remains as uncomplicated as on any non-TC mod). Therefore I would suggest that you check out the new Kanger Topbox Mini, which is Kanger's replacement for the Subox Mini. The mod has a maximum wattage of 75 W and does temp control, whilst the tank is almost identical to the trusted and very versatile tank that comes with the Subox Mini kit, but it allows for top fill (generally easier and quicker than bottom fill).

The mod only does TC for Nickel and Titanium as far as I know and it is not firmware upgradeable like some other mods, which might be a drawback. Therefore, another option would be to consider the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini mod (75 w; TC for Nickel, Titanium and Stainless Steel; firmware upgradeable). It is a mod that I am personally a huge fan of (and generally highly rated by most on the forum). You could either get just the mod with a Subtank Mini separately or you could consider getting the Tron kit (the VTC Mini with a Joyetech Tron tank. It doesn't seem to generally be as highly rated as the Subtank Mini, but is a decent tank nonetheless. It also offers you the option of rebuildable coils {as do the Subtank Mini} if you want to venture into that at some stage). Another option would be the VTC Mini mod with a Joyetech Cubis tank, which seems to be highly rated by those in the know on this forum. This tank is basically completely leak proof and apparently offers a great mouth to lung vape (a similar style of vaping as one would get on the Twisp devices - just a lot better in quality). This tank does not currently offer the option of rebuildable coils, but the stock coils are reasonably priced and apparently perform very well.

Another important thing to consider is the 18650 battery for your mod. In my opinion both the LG HG2 and the Samsung 25R would be great choices.

All of the above are available from a number of retailers registered on this forum. I'll simply post the Vape Club links for you to have a look at the products:

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/featured-products/products/kanger-topbox-mini

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/featured-products/products/evic-vtc-mini
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...ts/kanger-subtank-mini-black-or-white-edition

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...products/evic-vtc-mini-kit-incl-tron-atomiser
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...s/ego-one-mega-tron-clr-coils-1-0-ohms-5-pack
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...s/ego-one-mega-tron-clr-coils-0-5-ohms-5-pack

http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collections/featured-products/products/joyetech-cubis-tank
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...ts/cubis-bf-ss316-coil-1-5-ohm-clapton-5-pack
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...t/products/cubis-bf-ss316-coil-1-0-ohm-5-pack
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...t/products/cubis-bf-ss316-coil-0-5-ohm-5-pack

Hey guys, name's David, my nic is kind of a description - I consider myself to be "Mildly Inked", right arm is basically sleeved, left is getting there, calves, etc. 3 main ways I derive pleasure from life; My wife & 2 kids, my bike(s)/riding and getting fresh ink when time and money allow.

I've being smoking for years, not sure exactly how many but I do know the first time I was bust smoking at school I was in Std. 3... and I have been out of school for a loooong time lol. Up to 2.5 packs a day now. I bought a twisp a year or two ago, used it for a while but finally got gatvol with the leaking and constant cleaning as well as how the flavor would weaken (although that was probably more to do with me just getting used to it, saw the term "vapemouth" somewhere). It sat in a draw for a good while but I recently dusted it off and got it going again. Decided I needed something better and was looking to buy the twisp Aero but LUCKILY googled around and found this forum which steered me toward the light and I ended up buying myself an IJUST 2 on Sunday.

So far, it's awesome, getting decent vape, satisfies my nicotine addiction mostly and I am enjoying it so much more than I ever enjoyed the twisp! My only problem... I am already itching for something bigger/stronger/fancier hahaha. Happy I got the IJUST 2 first though, will do the job for now while I try and decipher the whole Vape scene, it's soooo much more involved than I ever imagined and I have quite a lot to learn and never-mind the e-juices and gazillion options to try and decide on!! I currently have 1 bottle Oplus Yummy Muffin and a bottle of Oplus Yellow Sub - not mad about he Yellow Sub though I must admit.

So, TL;DR: Very much a n00b, heavy smoker, bought an Ijust2 and ready to learn as much as I can and start the upgrading journey. Sorry for the long intro, I can sometimes go on a bit :D

Most welcome to the forum @Luna.

+ 1 on the Evic VTC Mini with Cubis as set out by @Lingogrey above. Suggest you start off with the 1.5 ohm Clapton coils - get a few spare ones. And, btw, Joyetech has just released a rebuildable coil head for the Cubis, which makes this setup even better looking at the foreseeable future. The Clapton coils can be vaped between 8 and 20 W.

Hey guys, name's David, my nic is kind of a description - I consider myself to be "Mildly Inked", right arm is basically sleeved, left is getting there, calves, etc. 3 main ways I derive pleasure from life; My wife & 2 kids, my bike(s)/riding and getting fresh ink when time and money allow.

I've being smoking for years, not sure exactly how many but I do know the first time I was bust smoking at school I was in Std. 3... and I have been out of school for a loooong time lol. Up to 2.5 packs a day now. I bought a twisp a year or two ago, used it for a while but finally got gatvol with the leaking and constant cleaning as well as how the flavor would weaken (although that was probably more to do with me just getting used to it, saw the term "vapemouth" somewhere). It sat in a draw for a good while but I recently dusted it off and got it going again. Decided I needed something better and was looking to buy the twisp Aero but LUCKILY googled around and found this forum which steered me toward the light and I ended up buying myself an IJUST 2 on Sunday.

So far, it's awesome, getting decent vape, satisfies my nicotine addiction mostly and I am enjoying it so much more than I ever enjoyed the twisp! My only problem... I am already itching for something bigger/stronger/fancier hahaha. Happy I got the IJUST 2 first though, will do the job for now while I try and decipher the whole Vape scene, it's soooo much more involved than I ever imagined and I have quite a lot to learn and never-mind the e-juices and gazillion options to try and decide on!! I currently have 1 bottle Oplus Yummy Muffin and a bottle of Oplus Yellow Sub - not mad about he Yellow Sub though I must admit.

So, TL;DR: Very much a n00b, heavy smoker, bought an Ijust2 and ready to learn as much as I can and start the upgrading journey. Sorry for the long intro, I can sometimes go on a bit :D
That is a great intro, thank you. And most welcome to the forum. All the best with your journey. Shout if you need any help. Happy vaping.

Hi started vaping for about 5 weeks now and have been off siggies sins. Im using a twisp aero which i got as a present. It works but what i have read it could be better. And mods that i can buy to improve on the device . As i dont want to get rid of it well at least not yet. Any advice would be appropriate thanks.

Most welcome to the forum @Luna.

+ 1 on the Evic VTC Mini with Cubis as set out by @Lingogrey above. Suggest you start off with the 1.5 ohm Clapton coils - get a few spare ones. And, btw, Joyetech has just released a rebuildable coil head for the Cubis, which makes this setup even better looking at the foreseeable future. The Clapton coils can be vaped between 8 and 20 W.
Awesome! Thanks for that info (on the Cubis rebuildable coil head) @Andre ! :( Now I want one of those tanks as well

Hi started vaping for about 5 weeks now and have been off siggies sins. Im using a twisp aero which i got as a present. It works but what i have read it could be better. And mods that i can buy to improve on the device . As i dont want to get rid of it well at least not yet. Any advice would be appropriate thanks.

Hi @MoneymanVape

Welcome to the forum and well done on the five weeks!

I haven't used them myself, but according to some posts by @Andre on this forum the Joyetech CLR rebuildable coils provide a much better vaping experience than the stock coils (the Twisp Aero is basically a rebranded Joyetech Ego One device). It would also save you a lot of money as instead of throwing a coil away you could simply rewick it (replace the cotton) or even build an insert a new coil after a few rewicks (the wire would cost you around R 1 - R 2 per coil and the cotton would cost you even less - as compared to R 60 per Aero coil from Twisp).

If you are currently vaping on the 1.0 ohm coils, check out these:
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...s/ego-one-mega-tron-clr-coils-1-0-ohms-5-pack

If you are currently vaping the 0.5 ohm coils, check out these:
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...s/ego-one-mega-tron-clr-coils-0-5-ohms-5-pack

All the best on your vaping journey!

Hi @MoneymanVape

Welcome to the forum and well done on the five weeks!

I haven't used them myself, but according to some posts by @Andre on this forum the Joyetech CLR rebuildable coils provide a much better vaping experience than the stock coils (the Twisp Aero is basically a rebranded Joyetech Ego One device). It would also save you a lot of money as instead of throwing a coil away you could simply rewick it (replace the cotton) or even build an insert a new coil after a few rewicks (the wire would cost you around R 1 - R 2 per coil and the cotton would cost you even less - as compared to R 60 per Aero coil from Twisp).

If you are currently vaping on the 1.0 ohm coils, check out these:

If you are currently vaping the 0.5 ohm coils, check out these:

All the best on your vaping journey!
Thanks alot. I have been checking out vids and post on how to rewire and rewick. Sure ill work it out. Im handy with thing like that. Thank you

Hi ladies and gents. Ive been on here since november but only recently realised that I never introduced myself. Sorry about that! Anyways, I'm Reinhard, Cape Town based vapers since November 2015, started off with a subox mini kit and still loving it. Thanks for all the great advice, awesome deals on gear and friendly replies. Happy vaping everyone :)

Hi ladies and gents. Ive been on here since november but only recently realised that I never introduced myself. Sorry about that! Anyways, I'm Reinhard, Cape Town based vapers since November 2015, started off with a subox mini kit and still loving it. Thanks for all the great advice, awesome deals on gear and friendly replies. Happy vaping everyone :)
Thanks for the intro Reinhard. Officially welcome to the forum. Happy vaping.

hi, momoe here, new to the world of vaping.
started in December as a way to cut down on the 25-30 i use to smoke daily (intended cutting down only for my daughters health), i started off with a kangertech subox mini and the 25-30 dropped to 0.
View attachment 44082
started tasting food, everything smelled different and my house no longer has that filthy stench what initially started off as a health exercise for my daughter has benefited me in the long run.

i am now 1 month off and i love it.

Great stuff @momoe! That's true, turning off the stinkies to vaping eliminates second hand smoke which many still believe to be worse than actually smoking. Congratulations on making the move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol by far the best intro I have read thus far. Had me thinking about my smokings days in primary school and blaming the boys when we smelled like smoke. Lol. Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to find something bigger , stronger and fancier. The community is always ready to help out and answer all your questions. Good luck

Thanks man! Yeah have definitely noticed that the members here are super cool and helpful! Just taking my time to read through the massive amount of useful threads, so much knowledge that has already been shared :D

Great stuff @momoe! That's true, turning off the stinkies to vaping eliminates second hand smoke which many still believe to be worse than actually smoking. Congratulations on making the move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @Big_Al: the first few days was the hardest but now i feel like a new person or at least when im eating

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back