Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome to the forum @Tanja hope you enjoy your stay with us.
We are a close community and always ready to help in any way possible.

How long have you been vaping for Tanja and what is your favourite type of flavour frofiles ie- fruit, bakery,menthol, dessert etc...
I love dessert flavors and coffee... anything nutty... some fruity ones to
Favorites include Blends peanut brittle... Paulies coffee cake... Nostalgia Lustre... world wonders colossus... I like the Revolution vape range... so many actually...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I love dessert flavors and coffee... anything nutty... some fruity ones to
Favorites include Blends peanut brittle... Paulies coffee cake... Nostalgia Lustre... world wonders colossus... I like the Revolution vape range... so many actually...

Nice, those are some good quality juices right there. Paulies Pistachio ice cream is also a crowed favourite and if you ever get a chance (they sell out fast) try out E liquids Project special reserve, that stuffs nom.

What device is your daily driver @Tanja ?

Nice, those are some good quality juices right there. Paulies Pistachio ice cream is also a crowed favourite and if you ever get a chance (they sell out fast) try out E liquids Project special reserve, that stuffs nom.

What device is your daily driver @Tanja ?
Oh yes... love the pistachio as well! Ooohhhhh... OK... will try that out too thanks...

Oh! And start at 25w and work your way up to a comfortable level. On that setup mine is about 30.

Priming the coil is just about making sure the cotton is wet, I dont think the ones you have are ceramic? Those requirr a little more priming attention.
Thanks, appreciate the encouragement and advice. Will definitely start with the 3mg juice and 25w setting. Just need to explore and find my way around all those buttons and settings.

Hi everyone

Got into vaping a few days ago, purchased an iJust 2 Kit

I prefer coffee juices, but as I try more I hope to find other tastes

Thanks, appreciate the encouragement and advice. Will definitely start with the 3mg juice and 25w setting. Just need to explore and find my way around all those buttons and settings.
Awesome! Let us know how it goes, and dont be shy to ask questions because it is confusing at first! Send me a PM if you want a wider choice of lower nic juice, I have so much juice at home and can get it to your neck of the woods fairly easily!

Hi everyone

Welcome @FatManK !

I personally have yet to find a coffee juice I can vape all day! Which one in particular are you using?

Hi everyone... my name is Tanja and I'm an alcoholic... oops... sorry... wrong forum! Hahaha

I've got a very basic setup... kangertech subox mini c ... with a nano tank...

I'm just here for the juice...

I love vaping on different juices all the time... love having variety... I love specials!

Welcom Tanya!

That is actually a great piece of kit! The first subox was my first subohm vape and a year and a bit down the line, after spending a lot of money on new setups, its still my favourite!

Looks like you have a sweet tooth enjoying the juices that you do! I also love having a variety, and specials too!! :-D

Hello hello... yes... I most definitely have a sweet tooth! So any suggestions on new juices to try out would be greatly appreciated! And if on special even better! Hahaha

And wow... reading everything on here about DIY... mech mods... re-wicking etc etc etc is leaving me speechless... I feel like a complete blonde... I just fill up with juice and off I go...

Wow, you drive 2 days straight, and a whole bunch of new members join ;)

Great stuff joining and introducing yourselves @Aptorian @Scotch @Tanja @FatManK

You're all in the right place. Here you'll find juice/device/building/battery/coil advice so fast it'll make your heads spin.

General tips:
1. you can double the battery life of almost any device by getting an external charger and another set of batteries.
2. Juice can taste a lot better or worse depending on your coil, Atty and wattage.
3. Diy is a $saver if you have the time to learn
4. ALWAYS BE BATTERY SAFE. ask ask ask, you'll save yourself and the vaping community a lot of trouble. If your unsure about anything just ask.
5. Please upload an avatar if you haven't already, the default avatar just brings everyone down

Enjoy the forum and good luck with your vaping journeys!

Hi guys,

So it seems introductions are the first thing to get done!

Life long smoker looking to trade in the devil for the 'devil's daughter'/lesser of two evils!

I've tried the whole vaping thing before (limited to TWISP - The cigar size/style of things), it never really worked out - Mainly because the of the crappy battery life.

So i would love some input and advice from you guys before I go and blow a load of cash. I have been looking at some of the intro posts.

My need/requirements are:
1. Battery life!
2. Ease of use
3. Well priced
4. Good prices on parts
5. Parts that last
6. Needs to keep me off cigs!

I'm not to bothered by the size of the unit, as long as the battery last and it has enough power to keep me going.

Here are 3 units that I'm looking at (I would love your input!), someone is selling them:

1.Limitless Lux + 2 Sets of iJoy 26650 & 18650 adapters + Limitless Plus RDTA + Eleaf Lemo 3, 2 sets of iJoy 26650 4200mah Batteries

2. Twisp Vega
https://www.twisp.co.za/devices/vega/vega-vega-starter-pack

3. Wismec Reuleaux RX200S, The Troll V2 RDA Black 25mm
http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200s/
http://vaperscorner.co.za/shop/product/wotofo-troll-v2-25mm-rda-930?category=92

Let me know if you think any of this will work for me!

Welcome to the foum @Aptorian
Good to see you doing research before you buy. I dont know the lux or the vega but i have the RX200 which is the predecessor of the RX200S. It has treated me well as a home mod. I find it too big for out and about. If you go for it, try get 6 batteries and keep a spare set of three charged.
All the best with it and let us know how it goes

Hi im Michiel Krüger, Started vaping about 6months ago...
Current setup is a Wismec RX200s & a Smok Cloud Beast also running a noisy cricket with a iJust S tank that i like to modify to my liking hehe...

Lekka to be here.

Welcome to the forum @Michiel Krüger
Congrats on the vaping. Nice kit you have.
Enjoy your stay here

Hi All,

Name's Scotch (it's a nickname) from Curry's Post in the KZN Midlands.

Have read many of the threads here and I'm amazed at the astoundingly helpful community and the valuable advice and info generously shared.

I'd like to tap into that generosity and humbly ask for advice. I'm a failed vaper - been on and off since about 2009 - but determined to try again. (Mods, if my questions should be on Ask Vape Veteran forum or elsewhere, I apologise).

Still smoking about 8-10 cigs a day, with occasional vaping on a Justfog C14. Prior to that have tried other pen-type e-cigs, starting, I think, with something called the M201 Kit, then disposables, plus a few others.

I'm ancient and have smoked for years, so am addicted to nicotine (don't have a problem with that) but hate the effects of smoke and poisons in my lungs. Also means I'm a mouth to lung smoker.

Anyway, after reading many of the threads here, now have a shiny new 4ml Eleaf Pico Mini 75w Kit, LG HG2 battery, plus spare Vaporesson cCell 0.6ohm coils.

It's so different from anything I've tried before that I feel totally intimidated. I'd greatly appreciate any advice on charging the battery for the first time, how to prime the wicks, recommended wattage and juice.

Not concerned about big clouds, just want some satisfying flavour and a throat hit that's not too harsh.

I have the following juices, bought over a period of time: Twisp Toasted and Twisp Cherry, both pure VG, 18mg; 1 x Liqua Berry Mix, VG and PG (50%?), 18mg; 1 x Vape Elixir Incognito, 70 VG / 30 PG, 12mg; 1 x AraMax Apple, 50/50, 3mg.

From what I've read, it sounds like I should opt for lower nic strength plus higher VG levels for max smoothness and flavour. None of the juices above satisfy these criteria. I guess I could do some mixing, but this could produce some odd flavours.

Apologies for the ramble, but I'm encouraged by the helpful folk here to stick my neck out.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum @Scotch
Congrats on trying vaping again. There are enough gear and juice options nowadays to find something that works for you.

Regarding battery charging, the best is to get a good quality external charger and have one or two spare batteries you keep charged so when it runs out you just swap it out with a fresh one. A good external charger like a Nitecore i4 or d4 will serve you well in your vapiny journey.

Regarding the priming of coils, the first time you use a coil, take a few puffs without pressing the fire button. This "sucks" some juice into the coil. Then let it stand for a few minutes. And when you start vaping it, use lower power at first for a bit before increasing.

Finding the right juices can be challenging because taste is so subjective. You could mix some of your existing higher strength juices with some plain PG/VG to reduce the strength. Otherwise you need to experiment with juices out there to see what works best for you.

All the best and let us know how it goes

Hi everyone... my name is Tanja and I'm an alcoholic... oops... sorry... wrong forum! Hahaha

I've got a very basic setup... kangertech subox mini c ... with a nano tank...

I'm just here for the juice...

I love vaping on different juices all the time... love having variety... I love specials!

Welcome @Tanja
Congrats on the vaping
I agree, juice variety is one of the best things about vaping
Enjoy it!

Take a look here at some of the juices that were voted on in the 2016 ECIGSSA juice awards:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/top-of-the-top-best-of-the-best-local-juice-2016-result.t22369/
It might give you some further ideas

All the best with your vaping from here on!

Hi everyone

Welcome to the forum @FatManK
Congrats on the vaping. The iJust2 is a great piece of kit
Enjoy your stay. We have a great place here.

Hello hello... yes... I most definitely have a sweet tooth! So any suggestions on new juices to try out would be greatly appreciated! And if on special even better! Hahaha

And wow... reading everything on here about DIY... mech mods... re-wicking etc etc etc is leaving me speechless... I feel like a complete blonde... I just fill up with juice and off I go...

Hi @Tanja and welcome. Fill up and go is the way we addicts (sometimes) wish we stayed before we took that first step into this rabbit hole. Once the bigger, better, tastier, cloudier, newer, latest, shinier, DIY bug bites, there is no stopping one plunging headlong into a place where vaping becomes a lifestyle. Best part is, few of us would change it for anything else. So come on, take that step, there's always room for one more down here...

Regards

Hi @Tanja and welcome. Fill up and go is the way we addicts (sometimes) wish we stayed before we took that first step into this rabbit hole. Once the bigger, better, tastier, cloudier, newer, latest, shinier, DIY bug bites, there is no stopping one plunging headlong into a place where vaping becomes a lifestyle. Best part is, few of us would change it for anything else. So come on, take that step, there's always room for one more down here...

Regards
Thank you Raindance! I'm way too confused with all these different things... only been vaping about 5 months now... so will see where this journey takes me... for now I will stick to being the consumer and not the scientist...

Welcome @FatManK !

I personally have yet to find a coffee juice I can vape all day! Which one in particular are you using?

Since they have a store in durbs I bought this, and compared to some of the other one I tried out. This satisfied me. But I am definitely still a noob so this purely based on taste I am still learning about the mixtures and stuff.

http://www.sirvape.co.za/products/frappe-100ml

Awesome! Let us know how it goes, and dont be shy to ask questions because it is confusing at first! Send me a PM if you want a wider choice of lower nic juice, I have so much juice at home and can get it to your neck of the woods fairly easily!
First off, thanks for the juice offer, that's very kind of you!

(Not sure if my questions below should be posted as a new thread as don't want you to feel obligated to answer them all).

Anyway, my concern now is whether if I've made a mistake in ordering the Pico 75w and Melo tank without first trying one (unfortunately no supplier nearby).

Should have worked this out, but I'm definitely a mouth-to-lung guy and not sure I'll ever be able to change at this late stage. So I'm pretty sure I should have got a kit that's not sub-ohm. I'm finding the Melo, with 3mg juice, a 0.6 ohm coil and closed down to max is still too "loose" or airy for me.

Tried various wattages, swopped the drip tip for a narrower one from my Justfog clearomizer, changed juice, but still getting very little flavour or satisfaction.

So my dilemma is now this:
1. Stick with the Melo but get some compatible 1.8 ohm coils, use higher nic juices, and turn the watts down. Probably most cost-effective, but might still not work for me.
2. Keep the Melo (in case I ever do get into direct lung vaping) and buy something more suited to MTL that I can use with the Pico. Nautilus Mini seems highly rated, but that's another R500, plus spare coils.

I see there's an Aspire K3 Clearomizer Tank that's described as a Nautilus Mini alternative (R200), takes the Kanthral BVC 1.8 ohm coil - but it has fixed airflow.

(As an aside, what's working best for me right now is my JustFog C14 clearomizer with the wider Melo drip tip plus a filter from a cig in the opening of the mouthpiece - reduces lung hit and some flavour, but it's seriously smooth. If I could replicate that smoothness yet keep the flavour, I'd be happy).

So really need some help and pointers as to where I go from here - Melo with new coils, or a tank that'll fit the Pico but is designed for MTL.

Thanks a stack.

Welcome to the forum @Scotch
Congrats on trying vaping again. There are enough gear and juice options nowadays to find something that works for you.
All the best and let us know how it goes
Thanks so much for the advice, much appreciated. I do have some questions that I posted in a reply to Stotsa a few minutes ago, but not sure how I tag or link to that post. Fantastic to know there are so many people ready to share their experience and knowledge.

Hi @Scotch
Give the Nautilus X a try
Its a great mouth to lung option and my mom uses it and enjoys it
She is an exclusive mouth to lung vaper and likes the Nautilus X a lot.

I bought it for her at Vape King but i think a few other vendors stock it.

Hi @Scotch
Give the Nautilus X a try
Its a great mouth to lung option and my mom uses it and enjoys it
She is an exclusive mouth to lung vaper and likes the Nautilus X a lot.
Thanks for the quick reply. Found one vendor selling it for R400, so will probably go for it.

If I order a few spare coils, is there any significant difference between the 1.5 ohm that it comes fitted with and the 1.8 ohm?

Thanks, Scotch

Back