Introduce Yourselves:

Hi, I have been attempting to mix my own flavours for the last 2months, but it seems that the recipes that are highly rated have no flavour at all. I have been trying a bunch of TFA recipes, all with almost no flavour.

Looking around on the internet, some people indicate that this may be due to vapours tongue.

I don't think this is the case, as I taste the premuim liquids without the flavour dissapearing.

Any advice on how to correct this?

Hi, I have been attempting to mix my own flavours for the last 2months, but it seems that the recipes that are highly rated have no flavour at all. I have been trying a bunch of TFA recipes, all with almost no flavour.

Looking around on the internet, some people indicate that this may be due to vapours tongue.

I don't think this is the case, as I taste the premuim liquids without the flavour dissapearing.

Welcome to the forum @Bosvark !

Interesting problem, I'm not a DIY'er so have limited input here for you, but for me three possibilities come to mind.

1. What is your setup and what are the juices? It is possible that the juice is designed for a specific build or setup, like serious high-wattage vaping, that might not come out at all in an EVOD.

2. Where and when did you get your concentrates from? Perhaps they are poor quality (no name brand or poor storage conditions) or very old, in which case they may have lost a lot of flavour?

3. Are you sure you're mixing at the right percentages? I had no head for numbers when I did DIY, and would get mixed up between millilitres and percentages all the time. Are you fairly certain you are accurately recreating the recipes?

Head on over to this thread and ask the veterans...

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/calling-all-diyers.t10799/

Just tag the likes of @Andre @rogue zombie or @RichJB and I'm sure one of them will have some suggestions for you!

Welcome to the forum @Bosvark !

Interesting problem, I'm not a DIY'er so have limited input here for you, but for me three possibilities come to mind.

1. What is your setup and what are the juices? It is possible that the juice is designed for a specific build or setup, like serious high-wattage vaping, that might not come out at all in an EVOD.

2. Where and when did you get your concentrates from? Perhaps they are poor quality (no name brand or poor storage conditions) or very old, in which case they may have lost a lot of flavour?

3. Are you sure you're mixing at the right percentages? I had no head for numbers when I did DIY, and would get mixed up between millilitres and percentages all the time. Are you fairly certain you are accurately recreating the recipes?

Head on over to this thread and ask the veterans...

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/calling-all-diyers.t10799/

Just tag the likes of @Andre @rogue zombie or @RichJB and I'm sure one of them will have some suggestions for you!
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1. I use a smok alien, with baby beast tank.
I have tried multiple recipes at 15-20% concentrate.

2.I bought it from a store near me(do not want to mention names on a public forum).I use a scale to weigh up my mixes. So I am 100% confident that it is mixed correctly.

Thanks, I will use that thread.

Extremely puzzling. I presume you have bought TFA concentrates? Not just local concentrates of the same flavour? If so, where did you get your recipes from and which recipes are we talking about? What category of juice do you prefer?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes TFA Concentrates bought f4om local vendors.

I het my recipes from 99juices, fumonoid, this forum and the e-liquid recipes app.

I have posted the last three recipes I have tried here. I enjoy fruity mixes, but like some of the dessert flavours as well, like strawberry milk etc.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-eliquid-almost-no-flavour.t36476/#post-523080

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes TFA Concentrates bought f4om local vendors.

I het my recipes from 99juices, fumonoid, this forum and the e-liquid recipes app.

I have posted the last three recipes I have tried here. I enjoy fruity mixes, but like some of the dessert flavours as well, like strawberry milk etc.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-eliquid-almost-no-flavour.t36476/#post-523080
Jip, saw your other post. I am still stumped. A universally popular fruity vape is the Monster Melons clone here. What VG/PG ratio do you use?

Ello,

Sherry here, been smoke free since March. Started vaping in Dec, but smoked cigarettes in between, till I got admitted to hospital. Did a bit of an experiment with re to vaping and smoking.
I was in high care, with all sorts of monitors connected. one measuring oxygen percentage in the body.
Mine was sitting on 90%. I decided to disconnect from monitors, using a bathroom break as an excuse, to go have my last cigarette. When I got back, besides being out of breath, my oxygen level had DROPPED to 87%.

The following day, the oxygen levels got better, so I decided to vape IN hospital, still connected to the monitor, and see what happens.
My Oxygen levels remained between 99 and 100% WHILE VAPING.

Needless to say, that was my que to quit the tobacco.

The problem I'm sitting with now, is finding juice I like. I have two brands that have NEVER disappointed, and that's Paulies and Orion, but I can't keep on The Belt and Coffee cake for the rest of my life :expressionless:

I bought two bottles last week Friday, from two different suppliers, and
I ABSOLUTELY HATE it, threw one bottle out, the other I'm rushing through just to get it gone.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum @Sheryl
You definitely doing a great thing quitting the stinkies!
Wishing you all the best for your vape journey

You might find the results of the 2016 ECIGSSA local juice awards interesting and a source of some juices to try. This is as voted by the members on the forum.
Check out the results page here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/top-of-the-top-best-of-the-best-local-juice-2016-result.t22369/

Hi,
Started vaping 5months ago.I joined the forum as a means to tap into the wealth of knowledge of other memebers.

Welcome @Bosvark
Congrats on the vaping.
Definitely the right place to be to learn more about vaping and fine tune things
Hope you get sorted with your DIY query. Let us know when you solve it!

Ola , Lalla Here trying to quit smoking Using a SubVod and Liqua, but currently the Subvod works best for me.:)

Ola , Lalla Here trying to quit smoking Using a SubVod and Liqua, but currently the Subvod works best for me.:)
Welcome to the forum @Lalla !

Glad the Subvod is working for you. Have you figured out what sort of juices you like yet?

hello everyone.I started vaping a year ago.When I started vaping it introduced me into a whole new world.I only recently found this and it's amazing!I hope I can eventually win any mod!Looking foward to be part of this community !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Lalla
Holding thumbs for you to quit smoking, its the best feeling to be able to kick the stinkies!
Hang in there and feel free to ask questions as you go along. Lots of helpful experienced vapers here.
Enjoy your stay

Last edited:
hello everyone.I started vaping a year ago.When I started vaping it introduced me into a whole new world.I only recently found this and it's amazing!I hope I can eventually win any mod!Looking foward to be part of this community !

Welcome to the forum @timothylang6
Congrats on the vaping!
You are right, vaping is a whole new world indeed!
And this forum is like a vaping theme park of sorts. So much to check out and lots of fun.
Enjoy the ride

Hello @timothylang6 and welcome to the forum. Best of luck buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome man

Welcome to the forum @Lalla
Holding thumbs for you to quit smoking, its the best feeling to be able to kick the stinkies!
Hang in there and feel free to ask questions as you go along. Lots of helpful experienced vapers here.
Enjoy your stay
Thank you @Silver giving myself 21days to quit smoking excited yet nervous. Lol

Back