Introduce Yourselves:

Thanks. :)

I ordered a EHPro 101 regulated 50W tube mod and a SXK KayFun V5 clone mini. Probably not the best thing for a beginner, but I'm game for tinkering. :D It looks like half the fun of the hobbie.

Now if the post office would just get a move on...that'd be great.

Thanks. :)

I ordered a EHPro 101 regulated 50W tube mod and a SXK KayFun V5 clone mini. Probably not the best thing for a beginner, but I'm game for tinkering. :D It looks like half the fun of the hobbie.

Now if the post office would just get a move on...that'd be great.
That'll be a great looking setup! If you've ordered from overseas though you could literally be waiting months, especially with December around the corner!

That SXK Kayfun is a great tank, and pretty straight-forward to build on. Don't forget to pick up some wire and cotton so you can build as soon as she lands! Not to mention juice!

Any ideas on what build you are going to put in there?

That'll be a great looking setup! If you've ordered from overseas though you could literally be waiting months, especially with December around the corner!

That SXK Kayfun is a great tank, and pretty straight-forward to build on. Don't forget to pick up some wire and cotton so you can build as soon as she lands! Not to mention juice!

Any ideas on what build you are going to put in there?

I grabbed a roll of 28awg twisted Kanthal. Not sure if that'd be best. I saw someone do a build on the V5 using that, so I reckon good starting point.

Cotton... I guess grab a bag of that Cotton Bacon as a start which is available at my local shop. I've been hearing good things about Rayon though, but I guess that can all come in time.

Yeah, bad time to order, but didn't have the cash earlier in the year.

I grabbed a roll of 28awg twisted Kanthal. Not sure if that'd be best. I saw someone do a build on the V5 using that, so I reckon good starting point.

Cotton... I guess grab a bag of that Cotton Bacon as a start which is available at my local shop. I've been hearing good things about Rayon though, but I guess that can all come in time.

Yeah, bad time to order, but didn't have the cash earlier in the year.
Oh nice, so you've already found a vid of someone building on it? Looks like you've done your research well!

Rayon is pretty hard to come by these days, but will work well in that Kayfun depending on what flavours you're going to be vaping. But Cotton Bacon would be a good bet too, although I never took to it, it's so popular it must be because I did something wrong! :confused:

Glad that you're out of the shadows @Vaporator00 !!! There will ALWAYS be something new you will want to try!

What have you got your eye on?

There in lies the problem:D, with such a plethora of devices to choose from and all the info available it kind of boggles the mind. Tentatively leaning towards a dripper (rda?) but not sure how to proceed. Do I get a dripper setup for my current mod or get a completely new setup?(Which I secretly want-wife will kill me if she finds out, lol). Any advice would be much appreciated!!

There in lies the problem:D, with such a plethora of devices to choose from and all the info available it kind of boggles the mind. Tentatively leaning towards a dripper (rda?) but not sure how to proceed. Do I get a dripper setup for my current mod or get a completely new setup?(Which I secretly want-wife will kill me if she finds out, lol). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
A second device is an almost must have. Do not worry though, you can always 'win one in a competition' which some married members seem to be having a lot of good fortune in... Lol.

Regards

To help you come up with reasons to get a new setup...

Drippers usually want a bit more power. While this can give you 85W, on a single battery you are going to chew through batteries at a hell of a rate.

It can take RDAs up to 24mm, but some of the good ones are 25mm... ;)

A back-up device is essential. These things are electronic and do fail. What happens when you're not in reach of a vape shop and it packs up? You're going to be stopping in at a garage and looking for a box of smokes! :eek:

A second device is an almost must have. Do not worry though, you can always 'win one in a competition' which some married members seem to be having a lot of good fortune in... Lol.

Regards

I "won" so many competitions it became ridiculous! Then I legit started winning competitions and my haul began getting so huge that my wife didn't believe my legitimate prizes!

To help you come up with reasons to get a new setup...

Drippers usually want a bit more power. While this can give you 85W, on a single battery you are going to chew through batteries at a hell of a rate.

It can take RDAs up to 24mm, but some of the good ones are 25mm... ;)

A back-up device is essential. These things are electronic and do fail. What happens when you're not in reach of a vape shop and it packs up? You're going to be stopping in at a garage and looking for a box of smokes! :eek:

I "won" so many competitions it became ridiculous! Then I legit started winning competitions and my haul began getting so huge that my wife didn't believe my legitimate prizes!

Ok, so key points to consider are dual battery and the 25mm size?
Any recommendations I should look at?....Also considering this as buying stock coils can become a bit heavy on the pocket, what with me trying tons of different flavours all the time.

Oh nice, so you've already found a vid of someone building on it? Looks like you've done your research well!

Rayon is pretty hard to come by these days, but will work well in that Kayfun depending on what flavours you're going to be vaping. But Cotton Bacon would be a good bet too, although I never took to it, it's so popular it must be because I did something wrong! :confused:

I saw a build done by GeekayVapes on youtube.
There's just so many different RTAs, RDAs, etc, etc, that I needed to check out a ton of reviews before deciding.
I guess I'll have to learn about these different wicks over time. I hear they all impart a different flavour signature.

Ok, so key points to consider are dual battery and the 25mm size?
Any recommendations I should look at?....Also considering this as buying stock coils can become a bit heavy on the pocket, what with me trying tons of different flavours all the time.
Yeah you want a dual battery for the "clouds bro clouds" setups.

Perhaps your best bet is to start with a small RDA to see if that works for you...

https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/rbas-rdas-atomisers/products/new-wasp-nano-rda

Great reviews on this one, and should give you a good indication as to whether or not it will all work out for you.

But if I was to go for a dual battery mod, maybe the Voopoo Drag? I don't like the aesthetics of it but everyone raves about them so they must be doing something good!

Yeah you want a dual battery for the "clouds bro clouds" setups.

Perhaps your best bet is to start with a small RDA to see if that works for you...

https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/rbas-rdas-atomisers/products/new-wasp-nano-rda

Great reviews on this one, and should give you a good indication as to whether or not it will all work out for you.

But if I was to go for a dual battery mod, maybe the Voopoo Drag? I don't like the aesthetics of it but everyone raves about them so they must be doing something good!

I was actually looking at the Voopoo barely 5 minutes ago,lol. Also realised that form factor plays a huge role for me. Will check out the RDA.............but i REAAAAAAAAAALLY want a new mod too!:D

Any thoughts on the Vaporesso Revenger 220W?

I was actually looking at the Voopoo barely 5 minutes ago,lol. Also realised that form factor plays a huge role for me. Will check out the RDA.............but i REAAAAAAAAAALLY want a new mod too!:D

Any thoughts on the Vaporesso Revenger 220W?
Personally I just buy whatever I think looks good! It has bitten me a few times, but really that's only with regards to much lesser-known brands.

With a brand like Vaporesso it's a pretty safe bet that it will perform just fine!

Hi my name is Andries and my second name (really is) stixx.

I am new to vaping and I have received my vape kit from @BATMAN who has helped me to get of the cigz.

Hoping to have as much fun as he does on this site.

Hola People!

New to the vaping scene, been stinky free for 1 month+ now.:)

Been lurking around the forum for some time and finally decided to become a fully fledged member, hoping to expand my knowledge and understanding of vaping. I currently have an AL85 and Big Baby Beast....but already I want something new to try:D

Welcome @Vaporator00 and a big congrats on the 1 month stinky free!
That is a great achievement!!!

Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask questions as you go along

Hi!

So I'm still a stinky smoker. Dragging my baggie of Colts Vanilla, filters, papers and roller with me wherever I go and I've finally decided I want/need to get off this stuff and go over to vaping.

I've seen a few people around me do that switch and right now they're back on the cigs or doing dual mode. So not only have I decided to come here because I'm interested in vaping, but also maybe I'll need a support group to do this. :D

My stuff's in the mail. I skipped the whole starter kit approach.

Welcome to the forum @SinnerG
Great that you are wanting to go over to vaping
My advice to you is take it slow and dont be too hard on yourself. It takes each person a different amount of time to get off the cigarettes completely.
Rather focus on zooming in on the right gear and juices and having a bit of fun.
Getting off the stinkies will come in time.

Enjoy

I am new to vaping and I have received my vape kit from @BATMAN who has helped me to get of the cigz.

Welcome to the forum @stixx !
All the best with your vaping
Kudos to @BATMAN for helping you out, he is a great member here on the forum!
Lots of fun to be had
Enjoy

Hi @Vaporator00

I agree with what @Stosta said above

A second device is a must have
You can tell the wife that in order to stay off the stinkies successfully you need a backup device.
This is very important because these things do break occasionally or you forget to charge the one
You need it, its not even negotiable!

Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Kudos to @BATMAN for helping. Do shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Headsup to all new members in the JHB area

Take note of the ECIGSSA JHB Vape Meet taking place on Sat 25 Nov 2017 at NewsCafe in Sandton (Fredman drive). Starts at 11am.

If you havent attended a Vape Meet before, pop in for a great day. Come meet many of the enthusiastic forumites. There will be lots of gear and juices to try and buy. Its going to be great!

It's free to attend. Just head on to the Vape meet thread and RSVP to have a chance to win some awesome prizes
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-25-nov-2017.t43197/

image-jpeg.112652

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Thirsty CapeTonian over here. Been lurking for the better half of a year now.

Decided to join after purchasing my first mechanical device. Been vaping for a pretty long while.

Sketch of me attached.

Attachments

• sketch_5a0adae25534e.png
    sketch_5a0adae25534e.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 18
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Thirsty CapeTonian over here. Been lurking for the better half of a year now.

Decided to join after purchasing my first mechanical device. Been vaping for a pretty long while.

Sketch of me attached.

Welcome @Spyro !
Nice sketch ;-)
Happy vaping

Back