Introduce Yourselves:

Hi folks. I've been vaping since 2008. Early on my experiences were a mix of mild success and dismal failure. It took me a few years off and on vaping and being a dual user to finally kick the smokes for good and go strictly to vaping. I'm proud to say I've not had a cigarette in over 2 years now.

I do have a good bit of knowledge with most things pertaining to vaping and have been mixing my own juice for...well, I don't really remember now :) Put it this way - I've not had to buy any liquids for several years. I'm eager to learn and share what I know.

Hi folks. I've been vaping since 2008. Early on my experiences were a mix of mild success and dismal failure. It took me a few years off and on vaping and being a dual user to finally kick the smokes for good and go strictly to vaping. I'm proud to say I've not had a cigarette in over 2 years now.

I do have a good bit of knowledge with most things pertaining to vaping and have been mixing my own juice for...well, I don't really remember now :) Put it this way - I've not had to buy any liquids for several years. I'm eager to learn and share what I know.

Welcome @SthrnMixer ! Have seen your name on some diy sites before. We got a very open diy comunity and hope you feel right at home.

Welcome to the forum @SthrnMixer
You have been vaping for a long time!! Wow.
Enjoy your stay and looking forward to hearing more about your vaping experiences

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys Im Foxdroft.
I have been vaping for 2 years now. i joined to hopefully be able to help the vape community out.

Hi guys Im Foxdroft.
I have been vaping for 2 years now. i joined to hopefully be able to help the vape community out.
Welcome @Foxdroft! Tell us some more about your vaping preferences and gear etc.? You DIY?

This is a very open community where we share and assist each other freely, your contributions would therefore be most welcome. And hopefully we can assist in turn when the need arises!

Welcome and best regards!

Thank you @Raindance
The setup Im using at the moment it an Athena with a goon lp (so far one of the few drippers that gave me the best flavour personally).
I have bought a couple of trial and errror vw and mechs but enjoy the simplicity of the mechs. I mix my own juices as well.

Thank you @Raindance
The setup Im using at the moment it an Athena with a goon lp (so far one of the few drippers that gave me the best flavour personally).
I have bought a couple of trial and errror vw and mechs but enjoy the simplicity of the mechs. I mix my own juices as well.
Great stuff! Hope to see some of those builds and recipes in the respective threads soon!

I've only just been converted to drippers and planning to go mech soon so interested in hearing your views and experiences.

Regards

@Raindance
You probably have heard it all before. Just study ohms law and build in safe limitations of your batteries and you should be fine.
I have had two vw devices fail on me in the past. Mechs normally wont fail if you keep them clean. Any device nowadays is mostly great so choice is mostly on what looks you want especially with mechs. VW devices (at the chance of being crucified) for me is mostly the same as well sure one fires a little faster than the other and other one makes more flashy lights than a disco club but that is all on your own preferences as well. According to me I build what I want my vape to do and the device is just for aesthetics and long or short term battery life. Focus most of your time on searching for a decent rda, rdta, or rta which ever floats your boat since great thing about vaping is everyone has there own preference and what works for themselves and no one else. If deciding to go for mech I would recommend staying away from clones and maybe going for a dual battery parallel device just for the added safety or better yet try a Noisy v2. Great thing is it has safety in so basically no chance of blowing up in your face so you can play around with no stress (not to be confused with v1 that is a series mech and would not recommend for first time mech).

Out of interest sake which RDA have you tried

Thank you @DamienK and @Tanja

@Raindance
You probably have heard it all before. Just study ohms law and build in safe limitations of your batteries and you should be fine.
I have had two vw devices fail on me in the past. Mechs normally wont fail if you keep them clean. Any device nowadays is mostly great so choice is mostly on what looks you want especially with mechs. VW devices (at the chance of being crucified) for me is mostly the same as well sure one fires a little faster than the other and other one makes more flashy lights than a disco club but that is all on your own preferences as well. According to me I build what I want my vape to do and the device is just for aesthetics and long or short term battery life. Focus most of your time on searching for a decent rda, rdta, or rta which ever floats your boat since great thing about vaping is everyone has there own preference and what works for themselves and no one else. If deciding to go for mech I would recommend staying away from clones and maybe going for a dual battery parallel device just for the added safety or better yet try a Noisy v2. Great thing is it has safety in so basically no chance of blowing up in your face so you can play around with no stress (not to be confused with v1 that is a series mech and would not recommend for first time mech).

Out of interest sake which RDA have you tried

Thank you @DamienK and @Tanja
I've been studying up here on RDA's and mechs, specifically squonk mechs, and just today received an OL16. Awesome little thing! Unbelievable flavor! I have a couple of "old time" RDA's (Messy and boring) but recently got a Entheon and Pulse for my RSQ squonk mod. They are good but nowhere close to the OL16. Not by a mile!

In any case, I share your thinking on regulated devices and although I have a number of great DNA devices, I want to go less reliant on electronics so I am in the process of getting a Reo Grand. Build like a tank, just way more reliable! Lol.

Thanks and Regards

I've been studying up here on RDA's and mechs, specifically squonk mechs, and just today received an OL16. Awesome little thing! Unbelievable flavor! I have a couple of "old time" RDA's (Messy and boring) but recently got a Entheon and Pulse for my RSQ squonk mod. They are good but nowhere close to the OL16. Not by a mile!

In any case, I share your thinking on regulated devices and although I have a number of great DNA devices, I want to go less reliant on electronics so I am in the process of getting a Reo Grand. Build like a tank, just way more reliable! Lol.

Thanks and Regards

Please let me know how the reo turns out. Been looking at it for a while. Whell budget sqounkers that personally is also great is pulse bf and athena.
Have experienced no issues with either

Welcome to the forum @Foxdroft
Looking forward to your contributions
Enjoy your stay!

im the constant noob with this, started vaping 6 years ago with those twisp cig-alikes(they were crap) stopped for a 3 years smoked some more, started vaping again with a ego ce-8 it didnt last very long those are useless too, started vaping again in 2015 with a X20 pro-v another useless vape (i like the ss drip tips it came with), actually got off smoking again for a few months stopped again smoked some more coughed some more. then i tried a friends smok v8, i was like the tech is muuuch better now so i ordered a pico dual 200w, its pretty good don't like the tank very much melo3 mini isn't cool. so ive ordered some atomizer clones from slowtech. And im thinking of going into DIY juice next month it looks cool and there is allot of "support" on this site and a ton of DIY PDF manuals online so ill give it a go, i used to smoke a pack a day so the transition to vaping isn't easy need high nicotine and constant vaping to help with the nicotine supply

I know what you mean about needing higher nic @IVapesDaNicotine
All it takes is the right device and a juice that you like a lot then its plain sailing
All the best to you

vaped on and off since 2008 started with twisp cig-alikes failed, used a ego CE-6/8 failed used a x20 prov failed years went by between vapes got a pico dual its cool subohm is better i guess used it for about 3 months now, going over to drippers as soon as the shipment comes from china, then its DIY juice. "premium juice" is too expensive at the rate i vape so ill try to make them myself

i deleted the longer post because it was very long lol. But yeah the nicotine issue is a *****, stress still makes me smoke from time to time

Hi there @Foxdroft! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you. :)

@IVapesDaNicotine there's threads about mtl posted by veteran vapers and member vapers I thinks you need to browse a bit.a lot of info for throught hit seekers maybe you need to join us there and we can share ideas and thoughts

Hello, my name is Dawood. been vaping for close to a year now, still smoking stinkies on/off but has dramatically decreased the amount of smoking compared to vaping.

I am from Cape Town and here to learn new things all the time

Knowledge is Key

Hello, my name is Dawood. been vaping for close to a year now, still smoking stinkies on/off but has dramatically decreased the amount of smoking compared to vaping.

I am from Cape Town and here to learn new things all the time

Knowledge is Key

Welcome to the forum @Dawood Bhawoodien , thanks for the intro
Congrats on cutting down on the smoking!
Lots of info here and many helpful experienced vapers
Feel free to ask questions as you go along
All the best to you for your vape journey

Back