Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome to the forum @yolandre , hope you will have a great time here.
You are going to have a lot of fun with the DIY, not to mention the other areas on the site.
Many happy clouds to you!

Hi all,

I am an accountant.

I quit smoking in mid 2011 using the old cigarette look alike vape devices and then went to an evod starter kit. Started smoking stinkies again 6 months later. Battled with battery life of devices, availability of supplies and liquids, leakage issues and a lack of knowledge probably as well, so I gave up on vaping.

Since October 2017 I have been growing increasingly tired (understatement) of the stinkies and started looking into vaping again as it seems there are a lot more vape shops now and much better options. Have also been chatting to a guy at work who is a huge vape enthusiast. There are also many more vapers to get support and advice from - since the technical stuff stumps me sometimes.

Bought a Twisp Cue about 2 weeks ago and finally I have hope! It is easy, clean and the battery lasts long enough with short recharge period. Haven't completely cut out the stinkies yet but am smoking much less (do still smoke especially when I am very stressed as I find the nicotine in the pods too high for me to chain vape - light cigarette smoker - hoping for more flavours and more nic strenght options soon).

Have also ordered a mod starter kit with low nicotine juice, so will see if I can cut out the stinkies then completely once and for all.

Would love to make vaping a hobby and not just a temporary stepping stone. I love the tastes and smells and social aspect of it.

I have been spending lots of time reading through these forums the last couple of weeks and decided to join rather than just lurk about :p.

Hello @KayK welcome to the forum! :)

Great to hear you are smoking less! May I ask which mod starter kit you ordered?

Hi all,

I am an accountant.

I quit smoking in mid 2011 using the old cigarette look alike vape devices and then went to an evod starter kit. Started smoking stinkies again 6 months later. Battled with battery life of devices, availability of supplies and liquids, leakage issues and a lack of knowledge probably as well, so I gave up on vaping.

Since October 2017 I have been growing increasingly tired (understatement) of the stinkies and started looking into vaping again as it seems there are a lot more vape shops now and much better options. Have also been chatting to a guy at work who is a huge vape enthusiast. There are also many more vapers to get support and advice from - since the technical stuff stumps me sometimes.

Bought a Twisp Cue about 2 weeks ago and finally I have hope! It is easy, clean and the battery lasts long enough with short recharge period. Haven't completely cut out the stinkies yet but am smoking much less (do still smoke especially when I am very stressed as I find the nicotine in the pods too high for me to chain vape - light cigarette smoker - hoping for more flavours and more nic strenght options soon).

Have also ordered a mod starter kit with low nicotine juice, so will see if I can cut out the stinkies then completely once and for all.

Would love to make vaping a hobby and not just a temporary stepping stone. I love the tastes and smells and social aspect of it.

I have been spending lots of time reading through these forums the last couple of weeks and decided to join rather than just lurk about :p.
Most welcome to the forum @KayK. All the best with your new vaping journey. Do not be too hard on yourself, you shall overcome the stinkies in the end. Do not hesitate to shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Welcome @KayK , you have arrived at the best destination for your affliction. The forum and our community here is filled with a lot of knowledge and wonderful people that will try and assist you in your quest to fully stop, and further your journey through vaping.

Suggestion from my side would be to definitely get another device , see you've gone that route, and use one of the two, maybe the cue, with high nic to go to when the urge and stress hits, and the other for normal times. You mix / alternate between them to bring the craving down to a manageable level during high stress, will also help with not overdoing the nic, just keep it at an elevated level. Two or three good high nic hits, back to low, repeat as necessary.

Good luck with stopping totally, and you have found a very exiting hobby in vaping, the possibilities are endless and it is great. Many happy clouds to you.:D

Hi all,

I am an accountant.

welcome to the forum @KayK

Hi,

Thanks for a great forum.

I quitted smoking on 22 May 2013 – the same day I got my first TWISP – and never looked back (with the grace from Above).

I’ve been using a variety of AIO’s until late last year when I got a Think Vape MLK 200 with a GeekVape Eagle RTA and only now really enjoying vaping.

I’m keen on making e-liquid and trust I’ll be able to get some solid pointers from the experts…

Welcome to the forum @yolandre

Thanks guys for the welcoming messages,

Hello @KayK welcome to the forum! :)

Great to hear you are smoking less! May I ask which mod starter kit you ordered?

@Carnival: I ordered the Smok Mag Starter Kit. It seemed easy enough to understand yet versatile enough to maybe be useful for a while (from reading reviews and watching countless youtube review and setup videos). I also like to shoot so figured the pistol grip might have a nice comfortable feel to it for me.

Most welcome to the forum @KayK. All the best with your new vaping journey. Do not be too hard on yourself, you shall overcome the stinkies in the end. Do not hesitate to shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Thank you @Andre, I feel very confident that I shall succeed this time around :)

Welcome @KayK , you have arrived at the best destination for your affliction. The forum and our community here is filled with a lot of knowledge and wonderful people that will try and assist you in your quest to fully stop, and further your journey through vaping.

Suggestion from my side would be to definitely get another device , see you've gone that route, and use one of the two, maybe the cue, with high nic to go to when the urge and stress hits, and the other for normal times. You mix / alternate between them to bring the craving down to a manageable level during high stress, will also help with not overdoing the nic, just keep it at an elevated level. Two or three good high nic hits, back to low, repeat as necessary.

Good luck with stopping totally, and you have found a very exiting hobby in vaping, the possibilities are endless and it is great. Many happy clouds to you.:D

@Room Fogger, That is my plan. To continue using the Cue when stealth, portability or high nic is necessary but get a mod more versatile for flavours and nic strength for the calmer, relaxation or social moments. Would love to get completely into vaping as a hobby. But for now the main aim is to quit stinkies completely.

Hi all,

I am an accountant.

Hi @KayK - welcome to the forum. Don't stress too much because you haven't cut the cigs out completely yet - most of us took some time. The good news is that vaping is the easiest way to get there. Just hang in there and keep going.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Hallo everyone
Well I took thetfirs step to a healthier life by buying myself a Smok Stick X8 starter kit today.

Been smoking since 2002 and now done with the bad habbit.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you and even buying an upgrade in a few months time.

Welcome @Braki , congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the vape life. There is a lot of passionate and knowledgeable people that can assist, feel free to ask. Many happy clouds to you.

Hallo everyone
Well I took thetfirs step to a healthier life by buying myself a Smok Stick X8 starter kit today.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you and even buying an upgrade in a few months time.

Welcome to the forum @Braki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hallo everyone

Welcome to the forum @Braki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome @KayK and @Braki. Welcome to the vape community.
acf8116d0399c02a78bfcafd436e6b7f--sexy-smoking-women-smoking.jpg

Hallo everyone

Welcome! @Braki

BIG congrats to you, deciding to quit the stinkies! Wishing you many happy vapes on your Smok X8.

There’s plenty of great information within this forum, dive in and don’t hesitate to ask questions if you have any. :)

Welcome to the forum @yolandre, glad to see you've been vaping for a long time now. :thumbsup:

Back