Introduce Yourselves:

Any ideas on what you would get?

The Nimbus AIO black....love the look and feel to it.

A warm hearted welcome to the stalker, lurker and sponge of knowledge @OverThinker , as you are aware through your sneaky excursions to the site is that we are a stunning community. Also to @Lokidwarf , seeker of knowledge in the art of vaping. Unfortunately I used my Twisps as doorstops until piffing them to the lady next door. She is of stinkies and I don't bunp into them at night any more, so a better use for them!:cool:

Always remember that the best mod and atty you have is the one in your hand, and the spare in your pocket, and the spare for the spare in your cars boot..........you get it right.

Hope you are going to have a great time with all of us, and many happy clouds to you.:D

I'm sure I will enjoy myself extremely....twisp as door stops.....I shall one day reach that level after becoming more familiar with other selections

The Nimbus AIO black....love the look and feel to it.

I'm sure I will enjoy myself extremely....twisp as door stops.....I shall one day reach that level after becoming more familiar with other selections
Great news, the best mod is always the one you have in your hand. The Twisps just didn't do it for me, but they are great instruments, but for a heavy smoker and pipe smoker they just didn't work for me. Not enough cloud, but they are working superbly for my neighbor who is a "normal" smoker. Enjoy your stay and looking forward to your contributions in future as well

Hello ZA! Just joined, from Mauritius, vaping for 5 months now. I was a pack a day smoker before. My current main interest is DIY ejuice. Looking forward to learn a lot and hopefully contribute my 2 cents.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dewald Muller and im form PTA, born and raised. I started vaping in 2016 after my best friend made me a bet ( back then i thought vapes were lame and just made you cough, hehe ).

I am now the proud owner of The Vape Hub that myself and my 2 best friends started.

I am extremely happy i took that bet as my health has significantly increased - my budget has become ever so more tight - if you know what i mean.

I am very new to this "Forum" type environment and will try my best to be as active as possible.

Nice to meet all of the wonderful people on here.

Hi Muller88 and a big welcome to you! Isn't it amazing how life changes? From a bet to owing The Vape Hub - WOW! Fantastic! I've ordered from The Vape Hub online and I was happy with everything!

@Stosta They Mini Vega is a great little device! I have two of them. One is still the "old" version and the other has the update software and Arcus tank. I haven't tried it yet though. If you do buy a Vega or Mini Vega, just get them to upload the new software at the kiosk - it takes only a minute or two.

Welcome dr34m3rz, it's great to have someone from Mauritius on our forum! :zplayita:

Perhaps you could let us all know what the current situation is over there regarding vaping laws? It would be much appreciated! Here's the link to the thread:

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/vaping-in-different-countries.t45129/#post-614114

Thank you Hooked :)

If I knew what the current situation is, I would gladly share with you :) I am not aware of any vaping specific law, but it is a very grey area imho.

I found a fairly recent newspaper article in English for you:
Sorry about that but forum does not allow to post links on my 2nd post :(
Check the pic.
2018-05-05 23_09_52-No smoking and no vaping _ lexpress.mu.png
Quite vague really :(

Now for some facts as of today:
1. Sale of eliquid and hardware is not allowed.
2. Yet you can find both here.
3. Quality is lacking - many counterfeit hardware, need to exercise caution, and high prices
4. Many poor quality eliquid, counterfeit also and high price.
However:
1. Allowed to import eliquid for personal use - nicotine eliquids will need to have customs and government pharmacist clearance, which it usually does.
2. Allowed to import hardware for personal use - (I have done it and successfully gone through customs, but some people have reported having their gear confiscated(?))
3. Li-ion batteries are more hit and miss. Hardware with integrated batteries get through. Mods with removable batteries are better off shipped without.

Owning and using a vape is OK. I apply the same etiquette as with smoking. For example, I go to a designated smoking area to vape.

Finally, and this part is purely my opinion, travelers are allowed to bring in their vaping gear and eliquid for personal use.
I also believe that the vaping community is growing, again, this is imho.

Hope this helps

Glad to have you with us @OverThinker !

PS - Is the name a reflection of how long you took to think of one? Or just applies to you in general?

Thanks, @Stosta, and good question. It's a bit of both. I was struggling to come up with a username for a different account, and realised that I was over-thinking the choice, as I'm inclined to do, so I decided to simply embrace it. :)

Welcome @dr34m3rz, and thank you for the intro to the vaping scene in Mauritius, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hey All
This is Saadiq Daya from VanGo Vapes in Vancouver Canada (born in Nairobi, Kenya!). We will be coming out to beautiful South Africa in the next few months and would love to get to know the local vape fam better.

Hey All
This is Saadiq Daya from VanGo Vapes in Vancouver Canada (born in Nairobi, Kenya!). We will be coming out to beautiful South Africa in the next few months and would love to get to know the local vape fam better.

Welcome to the forum @VanGoVapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey All
Im from the East Rand and have been Vaping properly since December 2017.
I got a Smok AL85, with a VGOD Elite RDA clone, and Vandyvape Kylin RTA

Been making my own coils and am quite proud of the twisted coils ive been making. Just finished making a jig for making Clapton coils, still just working out a few kinks.

Been reading around the forum for a while, and decided now to make an account and try contribute.

Hi guys.
Just introducing myself.

I stopped smoking about 2 years ago when I got my Twisp Edge, moved on to the Aero X, Ion, Vega Mini, Vega, Nimbus AIO, Cirrus AIO. I recently purchased the Twisp Okta Mod with a Cumulus and Nimbus Tank. Yes I've only ever owned Twisp devices. Since then I've come down from the 18mg nicotine down to 3mg nicotine.

I've now decided to go RDTA and need all the advice I can get.

Hi guys.
Just introducing myself.

I stopped smoking about 2 years ago when I got my Twisp Edge, moved on to the Aero X, Ion, Vega Mini, Vega, Nimbus AIO, Cirrus AIO. I recently purchased the Twisp Okta Mod with a Cumulus and Nimbus Tank. Yes I've only ever owned Twisp devices. Since then I've come down from the 18mg nicotine down to 3mg nicotine.

Welcome @Lyznad !

Interesting that you only ever owned Twisp. Did they just happen to work well for you?

I use the Okta with a Nimbus as my car mod, great flavour and good clouds without the hassle of trying to drip while I drive!

Hi and welcome to the forum @Lyznad. Well done on the 2 years stinkie free.. An believe me many many of us here started on Twisp devices. Me included.

And you'll get great advice here. Lots of experienced peeps here that will be happy to assist you with advice. Enjoy your stay.

Hey All
Im from the East Rand and have been Vaping properly since December 2017.
I got a Smok AL85, with a VGOD Elite RDA clone, and Vandyvape Kylin RTA

Been making my own coils and am quite proud of the twisted coils ive been making. Just finished making a jig for making Clapton coils, still just working out a few kinks.

Been reading around the forum for a while, and decided now to make an account and try contribute.

Welcome to the forum @Gimli

Welcome @Lyznad !

Interesting that you only ever owned Twisp. Did they just happen to work well for you?

I use the Okta with a Nimbus as my car mod, great flavour and good clouds without the hassle of trying to drip while I drive!
They worked so well for me that I actually work for Twisp as a Sales Consultant now.

I use the Okta with the Nimbus as my weekend device. Use the Cumulus tank during the week, so afraid of that glass breaking when out on the streets.

Hi guys.
Just introducing myself.

Welcome to the forum @Lyznad

Back