Introduce Yourselves:

Hi guys.
Just introducing myself.

I stopped smoking about 2 years ago when I got my Twisp Edge, moved on to the Aero X, Ion, Vega Mini, Vega, Nimbus AIO, Cirrus AIO. I recently purchased the Twisp Okta Mod with a Cumulus and Nimbus Tank. Yes I've only ever owned Twisp devices. Since then I've come down from the 18mg nicotine down to 3mg nicotine.

I've now decided to go RDTA and need all the advice I can get.

Danzyllllllll Welcome.....guys this man introduced me kindly to the world of vaping...what a legend

Hi and welcome to the forum @Lyznad. Well done on the 2 years stinkie free.. An believe me many many of us here started on Twisp devices. Me included.

And you'll get great advice here. Lots of experienced peeps here that will be happy to assist you with advice. Enjoy your stay.
Thanks so much

Greetings all.

First of all, let me express my great pleasure of being allowed to join this forum. It is such a privilege for me to finally find a South African forum.

I have been vaping for about 2 and a half years now. I bought my first little kit at a general store selling those cheap little E-Cigarette things and juices. It came in a little box and they had no idea how it worked. I had to go home and try to read this microscopic little manual to assemble it, fill it and use it. After about 6 months the coil died, and I ended up having to buy another one. I was still smoking very heavily. I only used to vape on the sneak in aircraft or busses. I travel a lot.

About a year ago, a new guy joined the company I work for and during lunch time he pulled out this monster thing and started vaping it. Once we had got to know each other, I asked him where he got the monster. He was quite happy to introduce a few vape shops around Pretoria that I could visit.

I went to the vape shop that he said was his favorite. The first time I went there, I walked right past it. All I could see through the windows was a grey mist. Once I realized that I had passed it I turned around and did a back track and on the windows of the misty shop was a poster saying "Stop smoking, Start vaping.

They were absolutely fantastic. A very nice lady helped me and I said, “I am looking for an E-Cigarette for dummies”. She asked if I had a budget and I said no, and low and behold she came out with 2 little boxes.Once contained the atomizer and the other had the mod in it, She showed me how to break the atomizer down, prime the wick and reinstall the coil. Then she showed me how to insert the batteries and said a lot about battery safety. I was amazed. She knew what she was talking about and she was very professional.

Now it was time to choose an E-Juice. Nooo, they don’t open bottles of E-Juice for you. They have a little rack that has a vast amount of pee-filled atomizers that one can screw onto their mod and test it free of charge, If you don’t have a mod to test it on, they will lend you a mod.

Now, I am the proud of several mods and RTA;s. I have completely kicked cigarettes and I want to start making my own E-Juices, and that is why I am here now.

I hope that you enjoyed my little story. Please forgive me for being so long winded.

Best regards to you all.

Welcome @Gandalf Vapes , this is the place to be. We all start out as dummies, and end up sharing knowledge before long. The best part is that everyone is so willing to share, and this is what makes our community so special.

There is a well stocked thread on diy, as well as a introductory guidelines on diy by one of the diy mixers, good reading if you want to start.

Many happy clouds to you.

Welcome to the forum @Gandalf Vapes
Congrats on the vaping, wishing you all the best for your journey
Enjoy your stay

Greetings all.

First of all, let me express my great pleasure of being allowed to join this forum. It is such a privilege for me to finally find a South African forum.

I have been vaping for about 2 and a half years now. I bought my first little kit at a general store selling those cheap little E-Cigarette things and juices. It came in a little box and they had no idea how it worked. I had to go home and try to read this microscopic little manual to assemble it, fill it and use it. After about 6 months the coil died, and I ended up having to buy another one. I was still smoking very heavily. I only used to vape on the sneak in aircraft or busses. I travel a lot.

About a year ago, a new guy joined the company I work for and during lunch time he pulled out this monster thing and started vaping it. Once we had got to know each other, I asked him where he got the monster. He was quite happy to introduce a few vape shops around Pretoria that I could visit.

I went to the vape shop that he said was his favorite. The first time I went there, I walked right past it. All I could see through the windows was a grey mist. Once I realized that I had passed it I turned around and did a back track and on the windows of the misty shop was a poster saying "Stop smoking, Start vaping.

They were absolutely fantastic. A very nice lady helped me and I said, “I am looking for an E-Cigarette for dummies”. She asked if I had a budget and I said no, and low and behold she came out with 2 little boxes.Once contained the atomizer and the other had the mod in it, She showed me how to break the atomizer down, prime the wick and reinstall the coil. Then she showed me how to insert the batteries and said a lot about battery safety. I was amazed. She knew what she was talking about and she was very professional.

Now it was time to choose an E-Juice. Nooo, they don’t open bottles of E-Juice for you. They have a little rack that has a vast amount of pee-filled atomizers that one can screw onto their mod and test it free of charge, If you don’t have a mod to test it on, they will lend you a mod.

Now, I am the proud of several mods and RTA;s. I have completely kicked cigarettes and I want to start making my own E-Juices, and that is why I am here now.

I hope that you enjoyed my little story. Please forgive me for being so long winded.

Best regards to you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings all.

Best regards to you all.

Wish you all the best!

Warm welcome to all the new forum members!! Enjoy your stay here. :)

Hey everyone my name is Damean Demonkiller vapes i am a pretty avid DIY e juice mixer and coil builder! I have been vaping on and off for many years but only managed a full switch 5 months ago but haven't touched a cig since. I have 5 mods 2 unregulated and 3 regulated (mostly use my voopoo drag and Geekvape starry night or Geekvape mech pro also probably close to 20 rda/rdta/rta but only have a few i enjoy. I am also a reviewer on youtube and have DIY recipes there for everyone to try (Demonkiller Vapes). I am more than happy to help anyone who needs it also open to suggestions!

Thank you Hooked :)

If I knew what the current situation is, I would gladly share with you :) I am not aware of any vaping specific law, but it is a very grey area imho.

I found a fairly recent newspaper article in English for you:
Sorry about that but forum does not allow to post links on my 2nd post :(
Check the pic.
View attachment 131108
Quite vague really :(

Now for some facts as of today:
1. Sale of eliquid and hardware is not allowed.
2. Yet you can find both here.
3. Quality is lacking - many counterfeit hardware, need to exercise caution, and high prices
4. Many poor quality eliquid, counterfeit also and high price.
However:
1. Allowed to import eliquid for personal use - nicotine eliquids will need to have customs and government pharmacist clearance, which it usually does.
2. Allowed to import hardware for personal use - (I have done it and successfully gone through customs, but some people have reported having their gear confiscated(?))
3. Li-ion batteries are more hit and miss. Hardware with integrated batteries get through. Mods with removable batteries are better off shipped without.

Owning and using a vape is OK. I apply the same etiquette as with smoking. For example, I go to a designated smoking area to vape.

Finally, and this part is purely my opinion, travelers are allowed to bring in their vaping gear and eliquid for personal use.
I also believe that the vaping community is growing, again, this is imho.

Hope this helps

Indeed it does. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to supply the forum with this info, dr34m3rz. Much appreciated!

Greetings all.

Best regards to you all.

I enjoyed your story very much @Gandalf Vapes! I hope you didn't try any of those "pee-filled atomizers" ;)

Hey everyone my name is Damean Demonkiller vapes i am a pretty avid DIY e juice mixer and coil builder! I have been vaping on and off for many years but only managed a full switch 5 months ago but haven't touched a cig since. I have 5 mods 2 unregulated and 3 regulated (mostly use my voopoo drag and Geekvape starry night or Geekvape mech pro also probably close to 20 rda/rdta/rta but only have a few i enjoy. I am also a reviewer on youtube and have DIY recipes there for everyone to try (Demonkiller Vapes). I am more than happy to help anyone who needs it also open to suggestions!

Welcome to the forum @DemonKiller Vapes

Welcome @DemonKiller Vapes !

Feel free to share some of your review stuff over in this sub-forum...

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/reviewers/

Hi All. Ashraf from Durban.

Been off cigarettes and vaping for 1 year 2 months now. had 1 cigarette in that time to see what it tastes like(was awful). Started off with a Smok Stick V8, then had a MKL200 with an iJoy Combo RDTA, now using a Modefined Lyra with an Aqua Reboot RTA

Hi All. Ashraf from Durban.

Been off cigarettes and vaping for 1 year 2 months now. had 1 cigarette in that time to see what it tastes like(was awful). Started off with a Smok Stick V8, then had a MKL200 with an iJoy Combo RDTA, now using a Modefined Lyra with an Aqua Reboot RTA

Welcome to the forum @Ashraf Kahan

Back