Introduce Yourselves:

@Stosta Ill be looking for something compact but that still packs some punch, and especialy something with a removable 18650 battery. Something like the Smok AL85, ive read a lot of good things about the Alien mod, but also a couple of negative things about Smok in terms of reliability. Do you have any suggestions? @Ruben the battery is integrated (2100mAh), but ive tried different chargers and cables. Im thinking that the battery overheated due to external heat, but im not sure if these things happen?
Smok stuff is pretty popular, so you would probably be happy with one of those.

In saying that there are plenty of complaints on the reliability and especially the pain-peeling side of things. A Pico is still amazing, but they are getting harder to find, and you will be limited to 22mm tanks, unless you go for one of it's bigger brothers. A new mod that is pretty sleek and seems to check your boxes would be something like the Vaporesso Armor Pro.

http://vapeguy.co.za/mods/regulated-mods/vaporesso-armour-pro-mod

If you want some expert and non-BS advice directly from a vendor, send a PM to @BumbleBee . He will take the time to go through the ins and outs with you and make sure you get exactly what you want and need!

Hi Guy's
I smoked for 30 years and quite the day I started vaping. A little more than a year ago I bought my first vaporizer (twisp). Long story short....now I use a mesh tank and mix my own juice. Vaping changed my life, I feel so much better now. No more flem or coughing, no more wheezing chest.

Welcome to the forum @Andre Welthagen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good day everyone.

My name is Sloan, I just joined and have been reading all the posts.

I started vaping around May last year and lasted 6 months until December then sadly went back to stinkies
But I AM BACK on the vape since 12 June this year.

My current set up is a Drop RDA with a Tauren Mech mod and I am loving it.

Welcome to the forum @Sloan
Congrats in getting back on the vaping !
All the best to you from here

Hi my name is Hilton, i am from Cape Town but currently working in Namibia. After a 14 year cigarette career (and countless attempts to quit) I got my first mod. Ive been cigarette free for six weeks now and loving every moment.
My current set up is a I Joy Maxo (accuired from my good friend The Ice) with a I Joy Limitless RDTA. Although an awsome set up that tends to all my needs in terms of battery life and E liquid capacity and flavour, ill be shopping for a more pocket friendly mod as soon as i get back to CPT.

Welcome to the forum @Dr Voopenstein , lol, love that name
Congrats on the six weeks cigarette free - great achievement!
Wishing you all the best for your vape journey from here on
Enjoy your stay

Hi Guy's
I smoked for 30 years and quite the day I started vaping. A little more than a year ago I bought my first vaporizer (twisp). Long story short....now I use a mesh tank and mix my own juice. Vaping changed my life, I feel so much better now. No more flem or coughing, no more wheezing chest.

Warm welcome to the forum @Andre Welthagen and thanks for the great intro
Congrats on the year off stinkies - that is a great achievement indeed!
Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask questions as you go along
Many of us here feel exactly the same way as you - that vaping changed our lives for the better -
Certainly did in my case so cheers on that!

Welcome to the forum @Andre Welthagen. Great place to be at

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• welcome-sign-group-young-multi-ethnic-people-holding-banner-isolated-59690319.jpeg
    welcome-sign-group-young-multi-ethnic-people-holding-banner-isolated-59690319.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hi guys I'm Jack. Been vaping for a little over a 2 months now and tossed my smokes. (actually have about 5 packets unopened lying in a drawer somewhere) Anyway I found I prefer the darker liquids, coffee, chocolate, biscuits etc to the light fuity ones. My Mods' consist of a Paranormal 250c, Geekvape Aegis, Vgod 200, Asmodus Lustro 200 and a Vaporesso Polar. I use a few commercial tanks, Smok TFV8 Baby, Geekvape Mesh and a Vaporesso Cascade, my RTA's are a Vandy Vape Revolver, Mike's Intake and a Zeus Dual. I us a coil master building tool set with a GeekVape Ohm reader. I preper coils in the 2 - 4 range and like my vape around 40w topping out at 50. Perhaps not so much by chance but all my supplies are bought through suppliers on this site. My buddies at VapeKing Vapers' Corner The Vapery and some cool dudes in Bloemfontein and Vikings Vape.

This is one awesome web site and I have learnt such a lot from here just reading and reading.

Cheers for now.

Hi guys I'm Jack. Been vaping for a little over a 2 months now and tossed my smokes. (actually have about 5 packets unopened lying in a drawer somewhere) Anyway I found I prefer the darker liquids, coffee, chocolate, biscuits etc to the light fuity ones. My Mods' consist of a Paranormal 250c, Geekvape Aegis, Vgod 200, Asmodus Lustro 200 and a Vaporesso Polar. I use a few commercial tanks, Smok TFV8 Baby, Geekvape Mesh and a Vaporesso Cascade, my RTA's are a Vandy Vape Revolver, Mike's Intake and a Zeus Dual. I us a coil master building tool set with a GeekVape Ohm reader. I preper coils in the 2 - 4 range and like my vape around 40w topping out at 50. Perhaps not so much by chance but all my supplies are bought through suppliers on this site. My buddies at VapeKing Vapers' Corner The Vapery and some cool dudes in Bloemfontein and Vikings Vape.

This is one awesome web site and I have learnt such a lot from here just reading and reading.

Cheers for now.
Welcome Jack!

That is some nice gear you have acquired in such a short space of time!

Cheers for now.

Welcome to the forum @Jack Klinesman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there

So my names Ethan been going by the name Modyrts (Mods) for quite some time. It started as a gamer tag and eventually became a nickname.

Been on multiple forums before and used this one multiple times before eventually signing up but this is my first vaping. Other than vaping i am a gaming enthusiast.

Im a full time accounting student who got into vaping as a hobby more than a need to quit. Used to smoke many years ago and I never revieved the same enjoyment.

Been vaping for about three years now started with a Smok baby beast v8 stick and to this day use it regularly. Since then ive owned multiple vapes including: ijoy capo squanker, a segeili, various twisps (i know i know), smok procolor, wismec predator (apparently this one isnt waterproof), geekvape karma mech, geekvape promech and my latest addition a Vgod pro mech( my baby).

Read this, dont read this... it may just get lost in the hundreds of pages but i am happy to be here and plan to stay.

@Stosta Ill be looking for something compact but that still packs some punch, and especialy something with a removable 18650 battery. Something like the Smok AL85, ive read a lot of good things about the Alien mod, but also a couple of negative things about Smok in terms of reliability. Do you have any suggestions? @Ruben the battery is integrated (2100mAh), but ive tried different chargers and cables. Im thinking that the battery overheated due to external heat, but im not sure if these things happen?
The al85 is a very nice starter mod for its price

But smok and reliability doesn't work anymore they used to be good but started mass productions and chose quantity over quality

Try something like the vaperesso torent mini

Or if you have a bit more the Voopoo drag .. I have one and they are reliable and pack massive power

Hey there

So my names Ethan been going by the name Modyrts (Mods) for quite some time. It started as a gamer tag and eventually became a nickname.

Been on multiple forums before and used this one multiple times before eventually signing up but this is my first vaping. Other than vaping i am a gaming enthusiast.

Im a full time accounting student who got into vaping as a hobby more than a need to quit. Used to smoke many years ago and I never revieved the same enjoyment.

Been vaping for about three years now started with a Smok baby beast v8 stick and to this day use it regularly. Since then ive owned multiple vapes including: ijoy capo squanker, a segeili, various twisps (i know i know), smok procolor, wismec predator (apparently this one isnt waterproof), geekvape karma mech, geekvape promech and my latest addition a Vgod pro mech( my baby).

Read this, dont read this... it may just get lost in the hundreds of pages but i am happy to be here and plan to stay.
Welcome to the forum @Modyrts !

Always great to have another gamer on here (unless you pay to win mobile games - that's just criminal :giggle:)!

You've been lucky to have owned some nice gear, and while there used to be quite a negative perception towards Twisp devices, they have changed a lot over the past year or so.

Hope you find what you're looking for on here! :campeon:

Howzit bud, absolutely nothing wrong with Smok. They have some really good Mods and some really good tanks. For similar money you have a wide range of choices. I personally like the curve mode and will only buy a Mod with this function but each to his own. My first Mod was a Smok Pro Colour which is still being used by everyone I convince to try vaping instead of smoking ha ha ha ha. You can pick up an Asmodus Lustro 200 for about a grand without a tank, a Geekvape Aegis for a little more and slightly more will get you a Vgod 200, my favorite Mod.

Welcome to the forum @Modyrts !

Always great to have another gamer on here (unless you pay to win mobile games - that's just criminal :giggle:)!

You've been lucky to have owned some nice gear, and while there used to be quite a negative perception towards Twisp devices, they have changed a lot over the past year or so.

Hope you find what you're looking for on here! :campeon:

Twisps are great theyve helped so many people quit smoking however they just dont grasp me as much as vaping.

Glad to be here and only mobile game i play is fallout shelter. Two years running

Back