Introduce Yourselves:

Hi Everyone,
My name is Anthony, and I'm an alcoholic
Seriously tho', whilst I do enjoy a good single malt, and cigar in the past ... After some 50 years on the stinkies and the occasional exceptionally stinky cigar, decided to call them a day, so since February of this year, I guess I'm what you'd call a Vaper.

As a now retired light current electrical engineer, having spent most of my career in IT, which prompted an almost perverse interest in these devices ... so starting with an IQOS, before moving to an Joytech CE4, a SMOK Fetch, a SMOK Fetch Pro, and now a Vaperesso 200W Gen Mod with a multitude of heads, including the SKRR it came with, a Zeus X RTA as well as it's Mesh deck, my current favourite is, a cheapie nogal, a Vapefly Mesh Plus RDTA.

Unimpressed with the Nord and RPM coils in the Fetch, and having too much time on my hands throughout lockdown I quickly progressed to RBA's and still use the Hippovape RBA Kits, (V2 and V3) on my two Fetch's, and after trying pretty much every coil type out there in most configurations, have settled on mesh coils on my Vaperesso mod for now.
That said ... I am looking for a dual coil RBA deck for my SKRR, (I believe the SMOK V8 unit fits with some modification?) ... maybe someone can chip in here and offer suggestions?

What else can I share here ... I've also been playing "Chemist" of recent, and experimenting with vape juice blending, in between attempting my own sqonk mod build, (a crude box with a PWM PSU that has kept me amused over the past few weeks), and ... I'm in the market for another toy, or mod if you prefer, which by virtue of my blood sport involvement, am I'm leaning something robust like an Aegis X ... and maybe the Vaporesso Luxe S too, (I'm a sucker for pretty and gimmicky features), maybe someone can chip in with suggestions on that too?

That's about it, lest I turn this post into a dissertation ...

Welcome to the forum @Intuthu Kagesi
Wishing you all the best with your journey from here on
We are very lucky to have many experienced helpful vapers on the forum with us
So feel free to ask questions as you go along
Enjoy your stay!

Hi Everyone,
Seriously tho', whilst I do enjoy a good single malt, and cigar in the past ... After some 50 years on the stinkies and the occasional exceptionally stinky cigar, decided to call them a day, so since February of this year, I guess I'm what you'd call a Vaper.

As a now retired light current electrical engineer, having spent most of my career in IT, which prompted an almost perverse interest in these devices ... so starting with an IQOS, before moving to an Joytech CE4, a SMOK Fetch, a SMOK Fetch Pro, and now a Vaperesso 200W Gen Mod with a multitude of heads, including the SKRR it came with, a Zeus X RTA as well as it's Mesh deck, my current favourite is, a cheapie nogal, a Vapefly Mesh Plus RDTA.

Unimpressed with the Nord and RPM coils in the Fetch, and having too much time on my hands throughout lockdown I quickly progressed to RBA's and still use the Hippovape RBA Kits, (V2 and V3) on my two Fetch's, and after trying pretty much every coil type out there in most configurations, have settled on mesh coils on my Vaperesso mod for now.
That said ... I am looking for a dual coil RBA deck for my SKRR, (I believe the SMOK V8 unit fits with some modification?) ... maybe someone can chip in here and offer suggestions?

What else can I share here ... I've also been playing "Chemist" of recent, and experimenting with vape juice blending, in between attempting my own sqonk mod build, (a crude box with a PWM PSU that has kept me amused over the past few weeks), and ... I'm in the market for another toy, or mod if you prefer, which by virtue of my blood sport involvement, am I'm leaning something robust like an Aegis X ... and maybe the Vaporesso Luxe S too, (I'm a sucker for pretty and gimmicky features), maybe someone can chip in with suggestions on that too?

welcome

Hi Everyone,

Hehehehe, sounds like myself...

Welcome

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I'm a desktop support technician, with a background in electronics. I've been vaping for about 2 years. I started with a 40W mod, until the circuit board packed up. I then connected the atomiser to to my pc's power supply. This worked for a while, but the 5V supply was a bit too high. I was going to build a voltage regulator, but I got a Zeus X RTA at a good price. It worked, although the resistance of the coils that came with the Zeus was too low and the PSU couldn't supply enough current, with the result that it was a bit slow heating up. I bought my wife a SMOANT Ladon box mod, and after she complained that it was going through juice too fast, I've been using it. I still want to use my PSU and I'll build higher ohm coils for my old atomiser and try again.

Hi everyone. I'm a desktop support technician, with a background in electronics. I've been vaping for about 2 years. I started with a 40W mod, until the circuit board packed up. I then connected the atomiser to to my pc's power supply. This worked for a while, but the 5V supply was a bit too high. I was going to build a voltage regulator, but I got a Zeus X RTA at a good price. It worked, although the resistance of the coils that came with the Zeus was too low and the PSU couldn't supply enough current, with the result that it was a bit slow heating up. I bought my wife a SMOANT Ladon box mod, and after she complained that it was going through juice too fast, I've been using it. I still want to use my PSU and I'll build higher ohm coils for my old atomiser and try again.
smoke.jpg

You're going to be building a serious PSU, (and coils!), that I'm certainly interesting in seeing ... Assuming my current coil of 0.26E on 5Volts ... that's almost 20A and 100W of smoke :flamethrower2:

Last edited:
View attachment 205086

You're going to be building a serious PSU, (and coils!), that I'm certainly interesting in seeing ... Assuming my current coil of 0.26E on 5Volts ... that's almost 20A and 100W of smoke :flamethrower2:

I,m using an old Desktop PC PSU. The 5V rail is rated at 25A.

With the old atomiser, I want to start with .8ohm. That should just require 6.25A and 31.25W. With the Zeus I'll go down to .5 Ohm.

I,m using an old Desktop PC PSU. The 5V rail is rated at 25A.

With the old atomiser, I want to start with .8ohm. That should just require 6.25A and 31.25W. With the Zeus I'll go down to .5 Ohm.

I've been busy with the electronics for a skwonk mod of recent, using paralleled 18650's and a simple CMOS 555 for PWM, driving an IRLB3034, however you've given an idea here ... kinda like taking the desktop-laptop idea to vaping, and having a mains driven, (albeit through a PSU), vape mod :wasntme:

Hey Everyone

I'm Shamiel going by Shasta
I quit cigs in beginning May and started vaping mid May with a geekvape boost and got rid of it after 2 weeks because i realised i love vaping.

Here's what i have now.
Aegis X, Hugo vapor Rader, rincoe mechman 80w.
Then rba's are Cerberus with smok rba, Zeus X, Zeus Mesh, peacemaker xl, desire rabies, geekvape looop v1, wotofo vaporous.

I got into coil building as well and just love it. I spend a lot of time making coils but I've stopped now as i have too many.

That's me nice meeting ya'll

welcome

Hey Everyone

I'm Shamiel going by Shasta
I quit cigs in beginning May and started vaping mid May with a geekvape boost and got rid of it after 2 weeks because i realised i love vaping.

Here's what i have now.
Aegis X, Hugo vapor Rader, rincoe mechman 80w.
Then rba's are Cerberus with smok rba, Zeus X, Zeus Mesh, peacemaker xl, desire rabies, geekvape looop v1, wotofo vaporous.

I got into coil building as well and just love it. I spend a lot of time making coils but I've stopped now as i have too many.

That's me nice meeting ya'll

welcome

Back