Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome to the community @The Golden Cauldron. We have several threads dedicated to noob mixers and you can benefit from great advice by our fine masters! You’re also welcome to share some of your magical concoctions recipes, at least the ones you experimented with successful results :p

So excited to have found this forum. I started vaping a few months ago, to quit smoking, and what an experience... I have tried this a few times before, but it never stuck. But now, with all the Flavors, better Vapes, and enough nicotine content, I did it. And I didn't have to force it either, it just happened naturally. Isn't that just amazing? I currently have a GeekVape S100, with a Vandy Vape Berserker V2 MTL rebuildable tank atomizer. My favorite vape juice right now is a mixture of Hardwicks Calamity and Very Ice, it kinda reminds me of an old-time favorite I used to light up. I love kitchen witchery, and all things magical. For now, I want to start exploring mixing my own Vape Juice, using a bit of magic :wink:.... It will start as a hobby, but who knows where it could lead? I want to write down my recipes, come up with cool names for the juices, and design my own labels. So any advice with regards to my hobby would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 247591
Awesome! Keep it up. If after a few weeks you are tempted to have a stinky, by all means do! Two puffs and you will know for sure you never want to smoke again.

Keep us posted please!

Regards

Henlo Frens :sweatsmile:

TLDR :
I want to learn more about all aspects of vaping and contribute to the conversation !

Most people CallMeSparkles ...lol

I am 24 years old currently and I got into vaping about 3 months ago in October of 2021 when a family stopped smoking and then chose to stop vaping.

I started smoking like most of us do , parents smoke, grandparents smoked. Got in with the nerdy kids at school. They started smoking , I decided to also start smoking. I was 14 back then. I attempted to stop a few times after finishing high school to no prevail.

I used to believe all the myths surrounding vaping, before I knew better, and I had quite an elitist attitude toward vaping thinking smoking was the more "hardcore" of the two. All that changed when a family member started vaping about 2 years ago. They don't live in SA so we often video call one another and one day I noticed that they were using a device I had recognized but knew nothing about. After they explained the details I was quite rude and discouraging about it (elitist attitude) but it planted a seed and I started to do some research. I first just YT'd vaping and that was a terrible idea if you don't know what to look for. Finally I found the articles and information by the Royal College of Physicians and I was convinced after that.

I did more research about devices by watching reviews on YT , checking this forum actually , and other places online. I took what I had left in my account and went and got 3 vapes (I convinced my 2 other family members to switch/try it as well). My reasoning was that I would spend the money on smokes anyway.

I chose a simple pod mod to start but one with a screen cos I like numbers lol and since getting it and filling it I didn't feel the need for a cig. I encountered a few leakage problems as I had bought the incorrect vape juice (70/30) but the coils fitted were rated for (50/50) juices according to the manufacturers website. Once that was sorted it was smooth sailing.

After a month of vaping I wanted to cut down on costs a bit more and one of the biggest things mentioned was DIY juices. The family member started DIYing so I was once again convinced it would be the best way for me to expand my new found hobby and keep me off cigs. I checked online a bunch more and went with base liquids + 2 one shots and I haven't been happier since but I want to know more !

Apart from all that I really hope to learn a lot from the members on the forum and I hope I can add to the conversation in a meaningful way. Thank you for reading :)

TLDR :
I want to learn more about all aspects of vaping and contribute to the conversation !

I am 24 years old currently and I got into vaping about 3 months ago in October of 2021 when a family stopped smoking and then chose to stop vaping.

I started smoking like most of us do , parents smoke, grandparents smoked. Got in with the nerdy kids at school. They started smoking , I decided to also start smoking. I was 14 back then. I attempted to stop a few times after finishing high school to no prevail.

I used to believe all the myths surrounding vaping, before I knew better, and I had quite an elitist attitude toward vaping thinking smoking was the more "hardcore" of the two. All that changed when a family member started vaping about 2 years ago. They don't live in SA so we often video call one another and one day I noticed that they were using a device I had recognized but knew nothing about. After they explained the details I was quite rude and discouraging about it (elitist attitude) but it planted a seed and I started to do some research. I first just YT'd vaping and that was a terrible idea if you don't know what to look for. Finally I found the articles and information by the Royal College of Physicians and I was convinced after that.

I did more research about devices by watching reviews on YT , checking this forum actually , and other places online. I took what I had left in my account and went and got 3 vapes (I convinced my 2 other family members to switch/try it as well). My reasoning was that I would spend the money on smokes anyway.

I chose a simple pod mod to start but one with a screen cos I like numbers lol and since getting it and filling it I didn't feel the need for a cig. I encountered a few leakage problems as I had bought the incorrect vape juice (70/30) but the coils fitted were rated for (50/50) juices according to the manufacturers website. Once that was sorted it was smooth sailing.

After a month of vaping I wanted to cut down on costs a bit more and one of the biggest things mentioned was DIY juices. The family member started DIYing so I was once again convinced it would be the best way for me to expand my new found hobby and keep me off cigs. I checked online a bunch more and went with base liquids + 2 one shots and I haven't been happier since but I want to know more !

Apart from all that I really hope to learn a lot from the members on the forum and I hope I can add to the conversation in a meaningful way. Thank you for reading :)
Well Sparkles, you could not have found a better place to be. Welcome.

Your journey here echoes the path most of us took to arrive here and as a result you find yourself umong like minded friends whom are more than willing to share out knowledge and give support in which ever way needed.

You will find a wealth of DIY knowledge in the DIY section of the forum and if you get stuck, feel free to ask. By all means share your experiences and never, ever think that a question is too dumb to ask.

Welcome once again and congratulations on taking the first steps to a healthier, happier you.

Regards

Thank you so much @Raindance and I can't wait to learn more about DIY !

I have a feeling that once I move to Mods and Rebuildables many questions will follow :yum: These forums have helped me make choices when I started and I hope to add to them in a meaningful way in the future !

TLDR :

welcome !

TLDR :

Welcome @CallMeSparkles !!! To DIY or not to DIY, how much VG/PG/NIC do I need is the question...

If you can't find the answers for what you are looking for over here, what you are looking for does not exist. This is not just a forum, it is a community, a family, a home.

So glad I found the community!!!

First time vaper here. Will be spreading the word of this forum. Went on holiday and decided to start vaping because I don't always want to smoke a whole cigarette.

Off to bad start with my purches of a big device (Voopoo Drag Max 177W). I'm on my second coil with leakage into the mouthpiece. This is so unpleasant!!!! Now I just want to get rid of this vape and get a smaller one.

First time vaper here. Will be spreading the word of this forum. Went on holiday and decided to start vaping because I don't always want to smoke a whole cigarette.

Off to bad start with my purches of a big device (Voopoo Drag Max 177W). I'm on my second coil with leakage into the mouthpiece. This is so unpleasant!!!! Now I just want to get rid of this vape and get a smaller one.

Welcome @ThomasV !!!!

Glad you decided to kick the stinkies to the curb and you are ready for a new beginning!

As to the Voopoo Drag Max:
What coils are you using (ohms wise)?
What juice are you using (50/50 or 70/30)?
What wattage are you running the Drag on?

Juice in the mouthpiece that ends up in your mouth is called spit-back and it is usually due to a few things: oversaturation of the cotton, too much space between cotton and wire and can also relate to not using the right power (and thus temperature) for the liquid to turn into vapor.

As for small devices, look at the Univapo range (@StompieZA @vicTor can help out with more info here), they are all great devices.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted and stay of the stinkies!

welcome !

Good Monday Morning ECIGSSA Family!!!

A warm welcome to the last week's new members!!!

erin.brunette
Joonkin
ThomasV
Jam Wraps
CallMeSparkles
The Golden...
Jason2126

For those who have not done so as yet, head on over here and tell us a little more about your daily vape lineup, when last you did a pitstop (cleaning all your tanks) and what the is on the top of your XMAS list for the end of this year (vape related or anything else).

f200c0b87aa68986c31632f5eb608532.jpg

I had a similar problem when I started, I bought a small device, Vaperesso, and I received a recommendation for 6mg freebase nicotine from the shop I was buying at. Now I am sure that the guy just wanted to help me, however, since I used to be a heavy smoker, who adored her menthols, the smaller device with lower nicotine didn't work so well. So I spoke to some more people, visited a few shops for advice, and finally settled on a geekvape mod, Vandy vape Mtl, and nic salts. What a difference that made. At that point, I was still having a cigarette a few times a day. Gradually the taste just put me off more and more. I didn't have to force it at all. I went from a pack to 5 to 3, to 1, to just a few drags. I still crave lighting a cigarette, (not the taste or the smoke interestingly enough) but it's just not worth it to light it up. I know I would hate the smell and I am definitely not going to smoke it. For me it was finding something as close as possible to my smoking in order to quit.

Welcome to the community @The Golden Cauldron. We have several threads dedicated to noob mixers and you can benefit from great advice by our fine masters! You’re also welcome to share some of your magical concoctions recipes, at least the ones you experimented with successful results :p
I will make use of the generous offer for advice, thank you so much, and once I have it figured out, I will pay it forward with some recipes I come up with. This is really such a great and supportive community, I should have moved over to vaping years ago. I haven't had so much fun with smoking, well in ever, not even when I was sneaking around as a teen, and that was the fun bit then, as a grown-up, well having to sneak a smoke once in a while isn't half as much fun as when I was 16....

Hi,

First tried vaping around 10 or so years ago (judging from the expiry dates on the juice I found in the garage :-D).

Anyway I tried an Ego-T with various atomizers and mods.
Think I managed 2 days completely smoke free.

Recently decided to try again and man what an evolution in technology.

Old vape and new side by side...

Ego.JPG

Hi,

First tried vaping around 10 or so years ago (judging from the expiry dates on the juice I found in the garage :-D).

Anyway I tried an Ego-T with various atomizers and mods.
Think I managed 2 days completely smoke free.

Recently decided to try again and man what an evolution in technology.

Old vape and new side by side...

View attachment 248389

welcome !

Congratulations @AstroT and welcome to the community.

The vast percentage of vapers vape way below 100 W. The 200W + mods are dual or triple battery mods and are bought for battery life rather than wattage abilities.

The Voopoo PnP Pod Tank that you are using was a revelation to several of us that have been vaping for a number of years. It's easy to use and produces good flavour. Some users complain that they can leak but I have only had some condensation issues. I don't know if you are aware that you can rebuild coils for your tank. Instead of paying R70 per coil, you can rebuild them easily for about R11. If you want to know more just ask. I noticed that you are vaping at 57W so the rebuildable coils will work for you.

Congratulations @AstroT and welcome to the community.

The vast percentage of vapers vape way below 100 W. The 200W + mods are dual or triple battery mods and are bought for battery life rather than wattage abilities.

The Voopoo PnP Pod Tank that you are using was a revelation to several of us that have been vaping for a number of years. It's easy to use and produces good flavour. Some users complain that they can leak but I have only had some condensation issues. I don't know if you are aware that you can rebuild coils for your tank. Instead of paying R70 per coil, you can rebuild them easily for about R11. If you want to know more just ask. I noticed that you are vaping at 57W so the rebuildable coils will work for you.

Thank you for the welcome and information :)

I have had no leaking at all since getting this pod, I spilled refilling it once or twice but realized it was just a lack of experience and filling from the middle of the hole instead of the side.

yes, I have also noticed bit of condensation but not been a problem other than visually seeing it :)

I start the vape in the morning at around 40w then then take it up to 57.5w when I have woken up.

Take it up to max around 65 to 70w by bed time. (went from chain smoker @ 2 to 4 packs a day) straight to vape so maybe that will change as my lungs recuperate :facepalm:

I would love more info on rebuilding the coils :) thank you for the advise and assistance.

Also currently vaping throat to lung 6mg/ml juice but think I may need to either try something stronger or salt.

Will see when my 120ml bottle is nearly done.

Also currently vaping throat to lung 6mg/ml juice but think I may need to either try something stronger or salt

IMO 6mg is too low for a 4 pack ex-smoker.

You won't find many commercial juices at high nic apart from salts which many don't like.

Why don't you PM @ivc_mixer . I'm sure he will make you juice at high nic. He makes good juice at a very fair price. He could also advise you regarding the strength but I would suggest 12mg. I would have suggested even higher but you are vaping at nearly 60W.

Back