Introduction & information about my research (survey)

Done
@dan_todd really cool you're doing this survey, especially (as I understand things) Australia (government) is anti Nicotine intake. Hopefully studies such as yours will show the true nature of Vaping.

Sent from the moon of Jupiter

aaaaaaaand done! Nice survey. Looking forward to the results.

Done - I must admit that I don't think that nicotine dependency was the core of my reluctance to stop smoking. It was that thing I did with my idle hands which I replaced with an e-ciggie. The transition from one to the other was totally painless. Reducing the nicotine has caused my juice use to spike slightly but I find myself reaching for the "crutch" at times when the hands are idle. I am a bass angler. When I am running a section of bank side that looks ever so promising, I forget about the e-ciggie (sometimes a few hours go by). There is no nicotine ping telling me to take puff, I only remember to vape once I sit down.... Never underestimate the power of this crutch. I use it all the time....

Thanks for the feedback @BigB and for participating. This is really useful stuff to hear , and I definitely acknowledge that for many it is more about the behavioural aspects rather than the nicotine dependence (or perhaps a bit of a mix), but interesting to think about it in terms of idle hands too which I hasn't come up much in the feedback to date. Thanks very much again.

I notice if I'm working or somehow occupied I don't vape much if at all as opposed to smoking I had one going constantly.
Thanks @kev mac, that is a really interesting difference between smoking and vaping. I think it'll definitely end up in the future research suggestions!

Done
@dan_todd really cool you're doing this survey, especially (as I understand things) Australia (government) is anti Nicotine intake. Hopefully studies such as yours will show the true nature of Vaping.

Sent from the moon of Jupiter
Thanks very much for participating @Keegan! Most definitely, the current Australian rules are very difficult for those that want nic in their e-juice - you cannot buy domestically, and to import legally, you can only do so in small quantities and it should be under a medical prescription. In Western Australia, you cannot even buy an e-cig or juice (nor should you possess one). It is quite disappointing, given there are so many vapers that have had some great success for cessation and reduction, but I know there are many passionate people campaigning to have that all changed, so we'll have to see how they go! Thanks again

Done, I tend to vape more in the evening than in the morning or thou the day. Also, I vape more when I'm driving.

Good survey. Just found it difficult to answer question #34 - do I vape when I am ill in bed? Lol, can't answer it because since I started vaping I haven't been sick ....

Same lol... I used to get hectic chest infections that would put me in bed for a week at least twice a year for years as well as seasonal allergies;

I haven't had a much as a cold or a sniffle since vapeing (well over a year now.).

[answered yes to the question anyway, as I figure I would still vape in bed.].

Also like annemarievdh ; I also tend to vape a more in the evening than the morning.

Back