IPV Mini 2 auto firing

rogue zombie

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
This morning while changing battery, mine kept auto firing, the screen was reading 'check atty' and the ohm reading was 0. Has this happened to anyone?

I left it at home without a battery and atty, and tonight it seems fine again.

I have seen a report or two on forums about this issue. No one got injured though and the mods didn't get damaged. Hopefully it was just a glitch.

No way dude, should be able to fix it. Hopefully just the fire button that's gone belly up. Dibs if you gonna chuck it, but there has to be a techy near you

Hopefully just the fire button that's gone belly up.

But the thing that worries is that the screen goes wonky when it happens (the readings go to zero), and it isn't firing on full force when it happens. Which, I'm not technically minded, but makes me think its a dodgy board.

Thank you guys though, I will see if I can't get it sorted.

Lol, I feel like that second guy:

"How to buy a box mod, by Goss

1. Pick ten or so box mods
  2. Find reviews for each one
  3. Buy the one that explodes the least.
I've owned 6 mods - 3 gave shit or bust. The only one that always goes strong is the one with the worst reputation - CLoupor Mini.

I do know what the answer is, I will get there :)

Lol, I feel like that second guy:

"How to buy a box mod, by Goss

1. Pick ten or so box mods
  2. Find reviews for each one
  3. Buy the one that explodes the least.
I've owned 6 mods - 3 gave shit or bust. The only one that always goes strong is the one with the worst reputation - CLoupor Mini.

I do know what the answer is, I will get there :)

That's so funny :rofl:

And now my Cloupor Mini is toast.
I was vaping as usual, take a massively (unusual) hot lung hit that turns to awful dry-hit... The ohms jumped to 2.3 (from 0,5)

Now it just goes up and down the ohms every time I fire.

And for extra amusement, it fires WITHOUT AN ATTY ON IT. Apperently without in atty, the ohm reading is 1,4ohms.

That's horrible. I usually have some pretty shitty luck but damn, seems I've always lucked out with my mods!!!

My istick 50W was doing strange things lately. Showing it fires, puff timer and all, but not delivering power. Then it started switching off and jumping between vv and vw mode by itself. Turns out on of the drippers I had on ithad a longer 510 and the springloaded 501 got a little "stuck". Pulled at it with a small screwdriver, and for the last week hasn't had any issues again. Might besomething small mate.

Bummer... I got a second hand one that worked for a day and never again! :confused:

And now my Cloupor Mini is toast.
I was vaping as usual, take a massively (unusual) hot lung hit that turns to awful dry-hit... The ohms jumped to 2.3 (from 0,5)

Now it just goes up and down the ohms every time I fire.

And for extra amusement, it fires WITHOUT AN ATTY ON IT. Apperently without in atty, the ohm reading is 1,4ohms.

That sounds like short on the 510. Have you tried cleaning out the 510 on the mod?

That sounds like short on the 510. Have you tried cleaning out the 510 on the mod?

Ye I did. Took out the screw, cleaned inside even... still borked.
These things always completely bomb out with me.

I do think its the 510 though, but apart from dismantling it and resoldering, nothing more I can do.

I'm down to a iStick 20watt. Had to build a single 1.0ohm coil, vaping at full 20watts... and just not getting satisfaction. Cutting down to 6mg is biting me in the ass now.

Dear China
:finger:
Regards
Me

Just think, in stead of all of those goodies you could have had one SX-Mini ;)

Dang man. I recently piffed my istick 30W and Nemesis. Otherwise I could help you out maybe. After my istick 50W scare, I will only be buying mechs in future.

My ipv mini did something of the same sort.
Started out auto firing intermittently.
Then when I press the fire button the battery runs up not down.
And then to finish her off when I hit fire it days SHORT..

No idea why or how tho

My 30W Hana did the same, cut switches out, used it as a charger since. My mate had the same issue with his 50W Hana, beeing a bit more patient he wen't through the whole thing and found that he had a little ejuice between the plates of the fire button which sorta stuck them together from time to time. After cleaning it worked fine, but he put a different type switch in to avoid the problem re occuring.

Back