istick 60w 510 issue

BuzzGlo

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
I have an istick 60w that kept showing atty short from the 2nd week (No atty connected). The vape shop that it was purchased from gave a bs story about how it was to do with onboard charging and so the warranty was void. All that aside I took the mod apart today to see what the issue was. Did some googling and found it might be the center pin on the 510. I fiddled with it and now the mod will constantly read 0.2 ohm no matter what atty I put on it.

Basically, I want to know if anyone here has had the same issue and how they overcame it.

If anyone in the Jhb north area has a dead istick I could buy or they could buy to use the 510.

any suggestions.

May I just say, when firing any regulated mod without an atty connected you are going to get some kind of message. The RX200 sais "no atomiser". I have not check what my wife's iStick 60w says when firing without an atty! Whem there is no atty attached... There is no reaistance to fire... An 'error' will occur!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even with an atty it said no atty and now doesn't read the resistance of the atty, pretty sure the 510 is shorting

What atty are you using?

Apart from all issues... You took the mod appart, thereby voiding the warrenty!! Not much you can pin on any supplier after your actions !

Apart from all issues... You took the mod appart, thereby voiding the warrenty!! Not much you can pin on any supplier after your actions !

I'm pretty sure he said he took it apart AFTER the vendor told him some BS story about the USB charging voiding the warranty.

This atomizer short error seems to be a common thing on eleaf/joytech/wismec (all the same company), try to see if the little piece of rubber under the 510 isn't pinching the wire lead to the chip that seemed to be a cause on a lot of cuboid atomizer short msgs.

If you took the device apart a number of things can be wrong... Nobody on the forum was there when it was done.... Any number of things can be wrong now?

The initial post stated nothing aboutj what atty was used. Different attays has different pin lengths impacting on the spring loaded centre pin.. I'm not trying to be a ****.. Just fishing for info so the forum can help. Longer pins can sink 510s

My point is, the device haa been stripped.. By doing that, you can do more harm than food... Just saying!

The initial post stated nothing aboutj what atty was used. Different attays has different pin lengths impacting on the spring loaded centre pin.. I'm not trying to be a ****.. Just fishing for info so the forum can help. Longer pins can sink 510s

I don't think anyone thought you were trying to be rude, I'm just saying that the OP stated that he decided to strip the mod after the vendor refused to help him. And you are correct alot of 510 connectors don't have alot of travel so sometimes atty's can crush the spring. The istick has a max of about 4.9 mm. Sometimes the wire lead gets pinched by spring getting crushed and causes this issue.

Shot bud.. So lets wait for OP to post more info on the atty spec...

I'm happy to test on my wife's iStick... As long as I dont sink the pin... She small but she hits HARD!

I'm happy to test on my wife's iStick... As long as I dont sink the pin... She small but she hits HARD!

Let's wait for the OP to reply, with all the BS bad press lately on vaping we don't want some tabloid to publish a story on how vaping causes wives to beat up their husbands :giggle:

Hahahaha...

The iStick 60 is really a steller kit, interested to see whats wrong and hope we can help!!

wow, lol. O

kay so in the first 2 weeks the aromiser 3ml and the subtank v2 was used ont he device. Subsequently In the past week I've tried the bellus and taifun gt2.

This is a side project to try and recover the mod. I've got an evic and a smok h-priv which read those atty's fine.

I think the upper most grommet is damaged as the black around the center pin seems not right. From the other side (internally) everything seems cool the clear insulator on the center pin seems fine. No damage and it doesnt move with the center pin.

Ideally I'd like to remove the 510 take it apart and see whats broken but I havent figured out how to do it in a way thats not going to wreck it completely.

Back