Jam Monster- Authentic or clone??

MHD

LV

Awards
IMG_9167.JPG IMG_9168.JPG IMG_9169.JPG IMG_9170.JPG IMG_9171.JPG IMG_9172.JPG IMG_9173.JPG IMG_9174.JPG IMG_9176.JPG Good afternoon,
Hope I'm not reviving a dead thread but need advise please..
Recently purchased a bottle of Jam Monster strawberry at a reputable vape store in Cape Town and doubting it's authenticity as it doesn't have a batch number or "Born on" date.
(Pictures attached)
It has the chubby gorilla logo at the bottom and packaging looks legit.
Can forum members please advise to what to look out for and whether this JM is authentic?
Bottle is unopened.
Paid recommended retail price (In Cape Town this juice retails between R350-R380)
Looking forward to your valuable input.

Many thanks
Regards

PS: Will not mention vendors business name to avoid bring them to disrepute.

Hey MHD. Bought mine a month ago. with batch no on. Born date is 1918 so I guess it wont discolor any more. Mine is more a yellow color and less orange. Can't say if its a fake/clone, but the fact that it don't have an batch no raises questions.

Hey MHD. Bought mine a month ago. with batch no on. Born date is 1918 so I guess it wont discolor any more. Mine is more a yellow color and less orange. Can't say if its a fake/clone, but the fact that it don't have an batch no raises questions.
Thanks @Captain Cumulus
Posted it on another fb page and people saying it's authentic but true if it doesn't have a batch number then how would the suppliers supposedly trace it..
Makes one wonder how would one then build trust in this vape industry
especially if you bought by a reputable shop

The 7th pic in the OP has the biggest clue as to whether it's authentic or a clone...
"Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands"

upload_2018-4-11_20-12-34.png
I know its unclear but it surely doesn't say "Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands"

Eliquid manufacture is not regulated officially in the states so it comes down to a best effort approach.

I guess they didn't manage to batch number a roll of labels.

Is the label slighty raised with a gloss finish on the drippy jam artwork.?

Most clones cheap out on the quality of label material used.

Does it taste extremely sweet jam and almost earthy sweetness on the strawberry?. Is it a coil killer?. If yes then you have original jam monster.

IMG_9241.JPG IMG_9243.JPG IMG_9244.JPG Thanks all for your input..
@stevie g took a couple of shots..your thoughts?
Dripping jam artwork is in gloss finish on both bottle and box.
Haven't vaped it yet, still sealed.

The 7th pic in the OP has the biggest clue as to whether it's authentic or a clone...
"Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands"

View attachment 128714
I know its unclear but it surely doesn't say "Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands"
Thanks @Greyz
You saying if it says "Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands", then it's a clone?

Thanks @Greyz
You saying if it says "Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands", then it's a clone?

I'm no expert, but from what I've seen online on US sites their bottles dont say what yours does.

I'm no expert, but from what I've seen online on US sites their bottles dont say what yours does.
This is a known legit bottle of Jam Monster. @Greyz
cb1b0ea26ab6060bed0f39a15c1ae5ac.jpg
141d02e6c11fea6efc3fb62e4dde2700.jpg

Interesting that the other bottle says "Bottled by KL Lab for known distro" and then gives an Idaho address in the place where the OP one says "Manufactured by Flawless for SS Vape Brands". Different bottling facilities?

So far i've gathered the following:

1. Must have chubby gorilla at the bottom
2. Drip jam artwork needs to be embossed in gloss
3. Must have born on date and batch number (confirmed by other vendors)

Hopefully there's more to add to this list so that none of us gets ripped off by knock-offs

Thanks again to all that contributed so far

So far i've gathered the following:

1. Must have chubby gorilla at the bottom
2. Drip jam artwork needs to be embossed in gloss
3. Must have born on date and batch number (confirmed by other vendors)

Hopefully there's more to add to this list so that none of us gets ripped off by knock-offs

Thanks again to all that contributed so far

I could be wrong here but I think @Stroodlepuff had a thread to spot the fake Jam Monster a few months back, I'll see if I can dredge it up..

EDIT: Okay not a whole thread but she did post on it, read up from here: https://www.ecigssa.co.za/knockoff-juices-cloned-and-sold-as-originals.t39127/page-3#post-600215

Thanks for the tag @MHD , but I do not know
I havent vaped this juice and dont know how to tell from the packaging if its authentic
Interesting to see the comments here

What I will say is perhaps discuss this with the vendor you bought it from
If they are a reputable vendor and it is indeed not authentic, they should be able to remedy the situation for you. And it would help them. You doing a good thing to discuss this issue because it helps the industry and fellow vapers

Thanks for the tag @MHD , but I do not know
I havent vaped this juice and dont know how to tell from the packaging if its authentic
Interesting to see the comments here

What I will say is perhaps discuss this with the vendor you bought it from
If they are a reputable vendor and it is indeed not authentic, they should be able to remedy the situation for you. And it would help them. You doing a good thing to discuss this issue because it helps the industry and fellow vapers
Thanks @Silver
Hopefully get enough info hereto

I have a clone bottle of Apple Jam Monster here, the label also has the glossy highlights as well as a batch number and born date. The label on the clone actually looks like better quality than the authentic. There are however no markings on the bottle or on the inside of the cap indicating that it's a gorilla bottle. Also the price was a dead giveaway at R70 for the 100ml bottle.

Keep in mind that there are probably more than one cloner and they are most likely tweaking their copies as they go along. So there is no foolproof way of identifying clones as they keep evolving. This will be true for any juice, not just Jam Monster.

I have a clone bottle of Apple Jam Monster here, the label also has the glossy highlights as well as a batch number and born date. The label on the clone actually looks like better quality than the authentic. There are however no markings on the bottle or on the inside of the cap indicating that it's a gorilla bottle. Also the price was a dead giveaway at R70 for the 100ml bottle.

Keep in mind that there are probably more than one cloner and they are most likely tweaking their copies as they go along. So there is no foolproof way of identifying clones as they keep evolving. This will be true for any juice, not just Jam Monster.
@BumbleBee Hectic bru
Makes it more difficult to distinguish.
All boils down to trust at the end of the day.
I'm certain that if this in fact is a clone i have, this would bad bad bad for this vendor.
Takes years or even a lifetime to build trust, but can lose it in a second.

Thanks for your input

@BumbleBee Hectic bru
Makes it more difficult to distinguish.
All boils down to trust at the end of the day.
I'm certain that if this in fact is a clone i have, this would bad bad bad for this vendor.
Takes years or even a lifetime to build trust, but can lose it in a second.

Thanks for your input
Exactly, no reputable vendor is going to gamble their reputation on fakes.

They must have updated the design perhaps, as the recycling icon, no under 18 etc is printed onto the label colour and not onto a white block like the other images in this thread...odd!

It's lucky in a way that the cloners make it so obvious. When a bottle costs R70, it's not hard to dejuice (see what I did there?) that it's a fake. It's when the cloners get sly enough to charge R280 when the authentic costs R300 that the cat will really be among the pigeons.

Back