Joyetech ESPION Infinite 230W TC Kit with ProCore Conquer

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the ESPION Infinite 230W TC Kit with ProCore Conquer by Joyetech. The ESPION Infinite 230W TC Kit with ProCore Conquer was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Joyetech.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/espion-i...e-conquer/

In the Box

Contents:

1pc ESPION Infinite
2pc AVB 21700 battery (optional)
1pc ProCore Conquer atomizer
1pc ProCA (0.4ohm) head
1pc ProCD (0.15ohm) head
2pc 18650 battery sleeve
1pc QC USB cable
2pc Manual
1pc Warranty card
2pc Warning card
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Espion Infinite is in my opinion a very nice looking device with a protruding rectangular with cut corners front panel which houses a smaller rectangular with cut corners panel centrally which is inside the main panel, this houses the 0.96-inch TFT Color display. Between the central screen panel and the surround of the outer panel there are 2 sets of rectangular tubing which follow the same rectangular with cut corners shape but this tubing can't be seen with the device turned off. I received the Red version which came with matching Red tank, the kit is also available in Black, Green, Gold, Dazzling and Blue. One side of the device has the very nice rectangular fire button at the top with "Joyetech" etched on, the side also has texturing, the spine of the device also has the same textured pattern. The back of the device has aggressive texturing and branding centrally, at the top of the back sits the micro USB port, the bottom of the device is the battery hatch door which has safety stamps and venting. The top of the device houses a very nice central, spring loaded, Gold plated 510, to one side following the contours of the edge we have the up and down buttons. The build quality is very good and despite it being a slightly larger and heavier device than average the rounded edges and fire button position makes it very ergonomically friendly.

ProCore Conquer Specs:

Size: 25mm x 55.5mm
Capacity: 5.5ml
Applicable heads: ProC series heads
Thread: 510
Innovative push-to-open top filling system
All-new ProCD-0.15ohm coil head
Adjustable bottom airflow
Colours: Red, Black, Green, Gold, Dazzling, Blue

ProCore Conquer Overview

Another Tank to add to the ever growing ProCore family, but quite an aesthetic overhaul with the Conquer and a large 5.5ml capacity. The Conquer comes in a matching colour to the device so i received the Red one, but it's also available in Black, Green, Gold, Dazzling and Blue. I received the standard version which come's with a bulge glass tinted to match the colour of the tank, i also received a clear spare glass and the bulge glass adds to what i would describe as aggressive look of the tank. Top and bottom sections of the Conquer has very aggressive texturing and the airflow is duel cyclops with stopper, the tank has the usual ProCore top-fill system, it's clearly marked where the top needs to be pushed to reveal a very generous filling slot and the top slides back into place very securely. The base of the tank unscrews nice and easily and the glass can then be easily removed, the coils screw straight into the base and also any of the main coils including the Baby Beast coils will also fit. I have used so many versions of the ProCore i mainly used the device with other tanks but i did give the new mesh coil a try which is a 0.15 rated at between 40w-80w which after a good 20 mins break in time gave really good flavour, i settled at 65w. The other coil provided is a 0.40 also rated at 40w-80w.

Espion Infinite Specs and Features:

Size: 49.5mm(L) x 33.0mm(W) x 89.0mm(H)
Screen type: 0.96-inch TFT Color display
Screen resolution: 80 x 160 dpi
Output wattage: 1-230W
Output mode: Power/RTC/TC(Ni,Ti,SS316)/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC/TCR mode; 0.1-3.5ohm for Power mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
Cell using: 2 x replaceable high rate 21700/18650 cell(with adapter)
Max output current: 50A
Max output voltage: 9V
Max charging current: 2A
Thread: spring-loaded 510
Gorgeous tunnel light with great visual enjoyment
25ms Fast firing response
Applicable with various tanks
Equalizing charge system
2A Quick charge & upgradeable firmware
Colours: Red, Black, Green, Gold, Dazzling, Blue

Fitting the Batteries

The batteries fit via the bottom hatch door as we see with a lot of devices but some good points to be mentioned with the Infinite, the main being the very clear labelled orientation both inside and outside where it's marked in bright white, the door also fits in place very securely with no rattle when using 21700 or 18650 batteries with supplied adaptor. As well as 21700 and 18650 batteries the Infinite will also work with 20700 batteries but using these will give slight battery rattle.

Using the Espion Infinite

The Infinite is the standard 5 clicks to switch on and 5 clicks to switch off but if you switch the device on with 10 clicks it displays the temperature of the PCB. The screen has been described as being small and while not the biggest it is a 0.96" TFT Color display which is far from small, but the front panel covering the entire face of the device gives the illusion the screen is smaller than it is and a slightly bigger one would be an improvement. There is also good use of colour on the screen and reading the information is fine but it does have an issue. The problem i found with the screen is the dimness and trying to see it outside in sunshine is a no go, and i can't find anyway of adjusting the brightness in the menu system. The screen displays all the information you need, central top is wattage (temperature when in temp control), underneath to the left is voltage (wattage when in temp control), next to this resistance, further down to the left we have subpara which is amps by default, next to this is the clock, below we have your 2 battery status indicators and below this the mode you are in. To enter the menu system is 3 clicks which brings up 4 icons which are, Mode, Set, LED and Exit, choosing mode brings up the following options, Power, TC (when choosing this it gives you the options of Ni, Ti or SS), TCR (when choosing this it allows you to enter TCR values in one of the three memory slots), RTC choosing this allows you to have the screen displaying either a digital or analogue clock. Selecting settings gives loads of options and allows you to set preheat for wattage mode and both setting wattage and locking the resistance for temp control. You can also alter screen timeout, set time and date, change subpara from amp to time vaped or puffs, stealth mode, display info about both device and batteries and also change the colour of certain information on the screen, choice of Yellow, Blue, Green or Red. The menu system is very easy to navigate around using the up and down buttons and fire to select.

The LED's

In my opinion the Espion Infinite is a very Aesthetically pleasing device before we even start talking about the tube lighting, for those like me who likes LED's on devices they have been taken to a new level with this device, they are stunning. The lighting has a tubular appearance around the outside of the screen and the inside of the outer edge of the front panel and have real depth to them. There are so many different modes you can choose from and some look absolutely gorgeous. When you enter the main menu with 3 clicks choose the option LED, this brings up the options, Switch, Mode, Bright or Exit, choosing bright allows you to alter the brightness of the lights and Exit takes you back to the main screen. Choosing switch brings up more options to choose when you want the lights to be displayed, you have the choice of when you vape, when the screen is on, always or off. When you select Mode it brings up a list of all the effects you can choose from which are, SPE7, GLOW, MORPH, RANDOM, MOON (this mode you can customise), FIRE, WHEELS and SPE3. Another point to mention is the lighting looks better in real life rather than on the pictures as, pictures are not 3D.

Performance

The Infinite isn't just about those great looking LED effects it also performs very well, firing instantly and accurately at all the wattage's i vaped at. Forget the 230W i would imagine 180w is more in the ball park but this is getting quite the norm with devices and only effects a very small percentage of vapers. I used 3 different tanks as well as the Conquer and i found the device a joy to use. My only concern would be the position of the up and down buttons, i wouldn't advise using tanks that tend to leak. Tanks up to 28mm can be used without any overhang whatsoever and the device also supports both 2A charging and firmware upgrades. The battery life with duel 21700 batteries is excellent and if you like those LED's turn them on, LED's take very little power.

Conclusion

A good device, with stunning light effects, the included ProCore Conquer tank is also a good tank with large capacity, the supplied mesh coil is very good and also all the mainstream coils will fit.

Aesthetically pleasing
Feels great in hand
LED effects stunning
Good build quality
High power
Fires instantly
Up to 28mm tanks without overhang
Fit 21700, 20700 or 18650 batteries
Very good battery life
Temp control
User friendly interface
Conquer large capacity
Mesh coil good flavour after break in
2A charging
Supports vape while charging
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Screen could be bigger
Display not very bright
Button on top, concern with leaking tanks

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the Espion Infinite 230W TC Kit with ProCore Conquer for the purpose of this review.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/espion-i...e-conquer/

Back