Juice Flavor Percentages?

I've got an amarula chocolate cream steeping. Got the amarula from Creative flavors. WIll see how it turns out.
Is it amarula as in the cream flavour, or just the marula fruit flavour?
I've got about 20ml left of my Marula flavour but trying to get the best from it still.
When making a standard Marula flavour, it lacks sweetness, and sourness. So I'm going to a lab of a friend where I will make a mixture of Ethyl Maltol, Citric Acid, and PG untill the pg cant take up any more. After that I can just add a few drop of my sour mixure, along with some sweetner I got, then hopefully It will taste fruity after that.

The way I want to try and get Amarula flavour going is to use a cream and brandy base with a few drops raw marula flavour. This "should" give a fairly close resemblance to the amarula cream drink so many people love. If I can pull this off I can see this being an ADV for me.

The amarula flavor is a more of a marula flavor yes. Not the drink. I will see how this batch is for now.
The amarula on its own is a bit flat....you know?

The amarula on its own is a bit flat....you know?
Exactly. That is why I suggest that if you want to mix a straight up Marula flavour, get some acidity in there, and boost the sweetness just a little. That will make it resemble the original fruit.

Man... what a jol this is... who would have thought...

Thanx Derek for the calculator...

Depending on brand % varies. Usually fruits need 20-25%. Tobacco flavours need much lower. I start from 3%.

Not only my friend. 3% on tobacco is the usual percentage for Flavor Art concentrates. Capella by the way doesn't have tobacco flavors

Following %'s taken from FlavourArt's site as suggestions for flavoring usage, however many people here report using some of these at up to 15% for good flavor. User recommendations here will be added in (parentheses):
Perique Black 1%
Cuban Supreme 2%
Dark Vapure 2.5%
Mellow Sunset 2%
Burley 3%
Latakia 2%
Virginia 2%
Maxboro Ultimate 2%
Cowboy blend 1%
Camel Ultimate 2%
Shade 2%
Desert Ship Blend 1%
Torrone 4%, 5/5
Coffee Espresso 2%
Blackberry 1%
Apple Pie 3%
Hazelnut 2% (~4%), 5/5
Chocolate 4%, 5/5
Vanilla 2%, 5/5
Tiramisu 3% (5-8%), 5/5
Anise 1%
Peppermint 3%
Spearmint 3%
Menthol 3%
Licorice 4%
Cinnamon Ceylon 3%
Black Cherry 3%

I'm not a chemistry guy but today I mixed Menthol crystals with PG. Started with 20ml pg and chucked in the crushed crystals. Mixed it and warmed it up in hot water. All saluted so chucked in more and more and then some. Now I have 40ml and still the liquid is clear. So half of the bottle has diluted menthol crystals and it is still hungry for more.
Is it saturated by now or will it form new crystals as it ages?

I'm not a chemistry guy but today I mixed Menthol crystals with PG. Started with 20ml pg and chucked in the crushed crystals. Mixed it and warmed it up in hot water. All saluted so chucked in more and more and then some. Now I have 40ml and still the liquid is clear. So half of the bottle has diluted menthol crystals and it is still hungry for more.
Is it saturated by now or will it form new crystals as it ages?
I suspect it will form new crystals in the pg. I've seen it before. It forms in the form of a white goo on top of the pg solutions.

You're a crazy man Johnny2Puffs.....

As a matter of interest.... watch out for and get to know your suppliers concentrate strengths... for eg. E-Ciggies Drag on RY4 dilutes well at 10%... but any of Oupa's stuff from Vapour Mountain needs at least 15%....

For any of you guy's who like a bit of a musky tobacco'ish try this... I call it the Dreggs:

RY4 - 10%
Cherry - 1.5%
Vanilla - 2%
Caramel - 2%
But this is the key - Vapour Mountains Berry - 2%

Then mix in a French Pipe tobacco flavour... depends on your taste.... but the RY4 is just ok.... me personally I need a bit more pipe tobacco if you know what I mean...

Ummm... are any of you guys interested in Nicotine.... I can only get it at 24mg strength but I have a supplier... it's a numbers game now.... but still really good value...

I won't have a problem ordering more than I need and passing it on if any of you are interested...

Let me know...

Ummm... are any of you guys interested in Nicotine.... I can only get it at 24mg strength but I have a supplier... it's a numbers game now.... but still really good value...

I won't have a problem ordering more than I need and passing it on if any of you are interested...

Let me know...

What is the base of the Nicotine Mike? PG or VG?

What is the base of the Nicotine Mike? PG or VG?
Dev... does that really matter...? If you mixing your own stuff then surely you know how to dilute the PG/VG to your taste...

Common man....

Later

But... sorry to answer your question... I don't know but could probably request it 50/50.... so far I'm looking at R60 buck's per 30ml/24mg flavorless nic...

It's a bit of a numbers game... and I'm really busy... but if any of you guys are interested I'll order enough for all of us....

I need nicotine... so I'll be happy to buy for you guys aswell.... as long as it's painless and there are no issues.. if you know what Imean

Later

Mike

Last edited:
So... let's call it R80 bucks delivered.... dilute it down to 12mg.....(R40 bucks) plus concentrate (R15 bucks)... totaling R55 bucks for 30ml's.... that's fair enough in my book...

Anyways..

Let me know....

Later

Back