Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
What juice do you vape for MTL?
(Also what strength and PG/VG ratio)

For me its mostly tobaccoes on 18mg 50/50 PG/VG (normal nic, not salts)

Twisp #1 choice @24mg cue
18mg and 12mg for tanks.
Pure range no pg.
Diy 12-24mg vg max
and once in a blue moon store bought at the same percentages ie.hats and liqua etc.

Twisp #1 choice @24mg cue
18mg and 12mg for tanks.
Pure range no pg.
Diy 12-24mg vg max
and once in a blue moon store bought at the same percentages ie.hats and liqua etc.

I hear you @Resistance
Been a while since i vaped Liqua ;-)

Unfortunately, there aren't many vendors that cater for the MTL crowd.
Most of their juices are 3mg and sometimes 6mg.
You get the odd 12mg tobacco here and there.

Ok now I see lots of nic salt juices at higher mg - but I have tried them once or twice and the throat hit is too low. So I prefer higher strength normal nic juices for MTL.

Thankfully you do get some local vendors that offer their juices in any strength.
Ones that come to mind are Vapour Mountain and All Day Vapes.

Nomadic Elixirs launched 2 of their flavours in MTL and Salts (9MG, 12MG & 18MG Freebase nicotine).

@Silver here on the Cape of Good Vape. I mean Hope Mtl freebase is still widely available.@least in the main areas. We have spar that stocks those brands Liqua and Hats And Twisp is all over. Then there's Vape Africa also at spar and a few other stores that stock Mtl juices. As and also E-scence available at OK supermarkets and seven eleven's.

My choice for MTL juice is Twisp Cubano ,18mg nic ,50/50 PG/VG, I love this juice and I never get tired of it.:babeando:
2019-01-19 20.37.39.jpg

Also like a strong tobacco or fruity menthol. Been vaping all 3mg juices since 1st Jan. Funny thing, this morning while mixing I get two old mixes in cupboard and tested them since they steeped now for more than a month, 6mg and eish, headrush like your first ciggie. Two months ago I could only get headrush from 12mg nic. Funny how quickly your body can get used to less nic

I hear you @Resistance
Been a while since i vaped Liqua ;-)

Unfortunately, there aren't many vendors that cater for the MTL crowd.
Most of their juices are 3mg and sometimes 6mg.
You get the odd 12mg tobacco here and there.

Ok now I see lots of nic salt juices at higher mg - but I have tried them once or twice and the throat hit is too low. So I prefer higher strength normal nic juices for MTL.

Thankfully you do get some local vendors that offer their juices in any strength.
Ones that come to mind are Vapour Mountain and All Day Vapes.

@Silver Are your mods regulated then? Because as far as I know one shouldn't vape high nic at higher than about 10W?

Might come as a shock to some but even on MTL I use 2 mg nic diy juices, or 3 mg if bought. I have a 6 mg tobacco, but eish, I hit a Silver after a few drags.:confused: So that is going to last a looooong time. Mostly using it in the pipe as you tend to puff two, inhale one, and then take a rest.:D

I have been vaping 12mg to 18mg freebase Nic Juices between 13W and 18W in MTL devices, pretty much from the beginning in mid 2014. 99% of the time these have been tobacco juices.

I vaped Liqua's French Pipe (until they discontinued it) for a few years. I did not have a rotation.....I had a juice! That's how stuck on that I was. It was made at 70PG/30VG. When I mix my own juices now for MTL I always mix at 50/50 12mg.

@Silver Are your mods regulated then? Because as far as I know one shouldn't vape high nic at higher than about 10W?

Most of my MTL vaping takes place on the following:
Reo/RM2 - mech - its about a 0.5 ohm coil, so about 30W. But its a parallel coil, so each coil is getting about 15Watts
Evod on istick - regulated - at about 6 watts - high 1.8 ohm stock coil
Rose MTL on VTC Mini - regulated - at about 18 Watts - on a 0.7 ohm coil

I think the 10 Watt maximum you are referring to is more for high nic salts liquids at like 30mg and up

My juices are all normal nic. And range from about 12mg to 18mg for MTL

Last edited:
Reo/RM2 - mech - its about a 0.5 ohm coil, so about 30W. But its a parallel coil, so each coil is getting about 15Watts
Rose MTL on VTC Mini - regulated - at about 18 Watts

I think the 10 Watt maximum you are referring to is more for high nic salts liquids at like 30mg and up

Funny thing, I claim to be vaping at low watts. My latest build is about 1.4ohm amd Im vaping at 13watts.
But last night Im playing around on the Rsq and see the bypass feature, which I geuss is like a mech mod. So I putt it on bypass on the sam build and then it show its running on 9watts. So if the board is right, Im actually vaping higher watts than I would n a mech mod

Rose MTL on VTC Mini - regulated - at about 18 Watts

@Silver Thanks for the info! I thought that the "not sub-ohm, only at 10W" applied to all high nic. What ohm coil are you using on the VTC Mini?

@Silver Thanks for the info! I thought that the "not sub-ohm, only at 10W" applied to all high nic. What ohm coil are you using on the VTC Mini?

I am using the coils that were supplied with the Rose MTL tank
They are about 0.7 ohms.
will edit my post above

Funny thing, I claim to be vaping at low watts. My latest build is about 1.4ohm amd Im vaping at 13watts.
But last night Im playing around on the Rsq and see the bypass feature, which I geuss is like a mech mod. So I putt it on bypass on the sam build and then it show its running on 9watts. So if the board is right, Im actually vaping higher watts than I would n a mech mod

Ya, on a mech mod at 1.4 ohms, your power would be about
12.5 watts at 4.2 V down to about 10 Watts at 3.7 V (as the battery runs down) - ohms law P = V squared / R
In reality its probably a bit lower than that from voltage drops and inefficiencies etc.

So when you put it on bypass mode, it should have felt like it was a bit weaker. (9W vs your usual 13W)

Ya, on a mech mod at 1.4 ohms, your power would be about
12.5 watts at 4.2 V down to about 10 Watts at 3.7 V (as the battery runs down) - ohms law P = V squared / R
In reality its probably a bit lower than that from voltage drops and inefficiencies etc.

So when you put it on bypass mode, it should have felt like it was a bit weaker. (9W vs your usual 13W)
Oooh ok, see I know nothing. When I did it last night the battery was close to emty, just did it now again with fairly fresh battery and it shows 11.5watts

Oooh ok, see I know nothing. When I did it last night the battery was close to emty, just did it now again with fairly fresh battery and it shows 11.5watts

Nice that it shows you the wattage in bypass mode
I havent experimented much with bypass mode in my regulated mods

Ok so the people that buy or mix juice at 50/50. What will be the reason for that, better flavour? Better delivery of nic?

Ok so the people that buy or mix juice at 50/50. What will be the reason for that, better flavour? Better delivery of nic?

More PG in the mix usually implies it carries the flavour a bit better
At the cost of less clouds

Some of the MTL devices like my Evod with its stock commercial coils also struggles with higher VG juice.

I also find that higher PG in the mix enhances the throat hit a bit more. And for MTL i like a strong throat hit

Good morning @Silver why don’t you give Blackout a try made by Sickboy 77 i know he does a mtl not sure how many mg but do know the juice is lovely

Good morning @Silver why don’t you give Blackout a try made by Sickboy 77 i know he does a mtl not sure how many mg but do know the juice is lovely

Thanks @Yuvir Punwasi , never tried that in MTL mode
I do the majority of my MTL though with the tobaccoes -

Tobaccos at 18 mg. All others at 12 mg. 24 mg tobacco for those long flights. All juices at 60VG/40PG. All normal nicotine.

Mainly do fruity ice's or candies between 5 and 6mg 50:50

A few tobacco juices really get me going but they need to be rewicked so often that I rarely vape tobacco due to the extra attention required

Mainly do fruity ice's or candies between 5 and 6mg 50:50

A few tobacco juices really get me going but they need to be rewicked so often that I rarely vape tobacco due to the extra attention required

I hear you on the tobaccoes needing frequent rewicks - however only some
I am getting though about 20-30ml of Havana Nightz in the Rose MTL before needing a rewick. Flavour still rocks throughout.

Back