Kanger Subox Help :(

Interesting Thread,

My experience with a normal subtank mini has been similar.
But, after some time trying it here and there and more and more use, It does not get to me as much
anymore and I really enjoy it a lot.
I can relate completely and i was wondering the same thing as you guys, I recon it might be because
you are not used to it.

As mentioned the airflow makes all the difference especially from your previous kit.
I also can say different juices react differently on power levels ( or heat)

Some like it high, like say NCV Fruloops (Yum)
And some not so high.

But that is my experience thus far, and at the moment I am quite comfortable with it.
Just not first thing in the morning, then it will choke you.

I might be completely wrong.

I would like to see the outcome of this as well if you guys do not mind.
The more information the better.

@MunG Good to hear that someone can relate ! i'm starting to feel a little less batshitcrazy,

im using the 1.5 on 12 watts on the medium intake now and if i drag more than a second it hits my throat like little truck.

I have asked my SO to get me a 3 - 1.5 mg juice as soon as she goes to Melrose Arch and ill take it from there hopefully it will be tomorrow.

Have you tried all 3 different airflow settings?

I have tried all three and it still scratches/ irritates

This may be a long shot but did you wash out the tank before using it for the first time? Just to get rid of any machine oil that could be present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not with the first coil although when i switched to the .5 and RBA i did wash the tank thoroughly.

:)

I really hope its something that i just need to get used to....

I'll add some clarification here as I've had some discussion about the issue with @Stoefnick already, and advised that he ask this here to see if anyone else had this problem with the Subox Mini kit in particular.

The reason being that, as he said in an earlier post, he's vaped on another (non-Subox) SubTank mini and absolutely enjoyed the vape - it was smooth. This to me suggests that he is having an issue with the Subox (mod or tank) specifically.

For those who don't know, the airflow on the Subox with the 1.5 Ohm coil and smallest airflow is very similar to a Nautilus Mini - actually I haven't used a Nautilus in a while but the draw is almost exactly like the Mini Protank 3 (but as I recall they are very similar airflow wise). So I really doubt that it is too much for a new vaper - but I can be wrong (not being a new vaper, it's hard to tell) ;)

I'm starting to think that perhaps the mod is applying too much power - ignoring the settings or simply firing higher. This sounds like the vape is too hot (personally I can't handle the vape at 50W - it's way too hot for me).

Hopefully you can pop by the meet so I (or someone else) can have a look at the device for you @Stoefnick - and you can try mine to see if it gives you the same experience. This would be the easiest way to find out where the problem lies beyond any shadow of a doubt.

I had a similar experience this weekend with a high VG liquid. Yes I know it does not make sense but in my Ego 1 I get more throat hit burns and scratchiness with 9mg High VG than I get with 18mg 50/50. Same experience with both the 0.5 and 1ohm coil.

If you can try to get hold of a 50/50 juice.

Cheers
Jan

I had a similar experience this weekend with a high VG liquid. Yes I know it does not make sense but in my Ego 1 I get more throat hit burns and scratchiness with 9mg High VG than I get with 18mg 50/50. Same experience with both the 0.5 and 1ohm coil.

If you can try to get hold of a 50/50 juice.

Cheers
Jan

That is probably be due to flavouring and not PG/VG ratio. Some flavours give a harsher throat hit than others. That or the quality of the juice - not all juices are create equal ;)

That is probably be due to flavouring and not PG/VG ratio. Some flavours give a harsher throat hit than others. That or the quality of the juice - not all juices are create equal ;)
Same flavor just added some Dolly Varden to lower the nic for sub ohm

Not sure it was not like a dry hit just a terrible burning/scratching sensation.

Sounds like you have a dodgy coil.I have vaped 70% VG juice on stock coils. Try the other coil and let us know.

Edit, also one can let the coil soak a tad, you can also put a few drops (1 or 2) juice directly onto the coil and one or two onto the side where cotton can be seen. Start at 7w, then 13 and then onto desired wattage.

So Just a Tiny update

I have been using it on 13 watts for 2 days now trying to see if i could get used to the throat hit but to no avail i just cannot.

Just incase i cannot make it to the vape meet i will be going to Vapeking tomorrow to see if @Stroodlepuff or someone else could test it for me if she doesnt mind ?? Pretty please!

and i will keep you updated incase we find anything !

So Just a Tiny update

I have been using it on 13 watts for 2 days now trying to see if i could get used to the throat hit but to no avail i just cannot.

Just incase i cannot make it to the vape meet i will be going to Vapeking tomorrow to see if @Stroodlepuff or someone else could test it for me if she doesnt mind ?? Pretty please!

and i will keep you updated incase we find anything !

I'm sure someone at Vape King will be able to assist you :)

Hope you get it sorted out :D

Howzit Guys!

Good Freaken news!!!

Right so i went to Vapeking on Friday. and let the guys there test it out, they noticed that something funky was up and Load popping noises coming from the 0.5 coil.

They advised that i should test one of the old Kanger Coils and so i did. Note i went there at 12 but by 20:00 that night the same was happening and i had a look at the new coil and it was completely fried black, @Stroodlepuff even primed it for me !

Seeing as i'm going on a business trip next week i had to go again today to try and sort this out....

The guy at Vapeking was kind enough to swap the device for me and oh mah gawsh does this thing work well now!! I cant believe the amount of Vaping pleasure i am getting off this new device!!!

Using it at 25 watts on some high VG juice is just so insane !!

So with that said and done, I completely understand now what a good vaping experience should be like .

Thank you to @free3dom for all of your help !! i think your last assumption was right about the device being faulty.

and Thank you to @Stroodlepuff and the Team at Vapeking for your assistance and helpfulness!

Howzit Guys!

Good Freaken news!!!

Right so i went to Vapeking on Friday. and let the guys there test it out, they noticed that something funky was up and Load popping noises coming from the 0.5 coil.

They advised that i should test one of the old Kanger Coils and so i did. Note i went there at 12 but by 20:00 that night the same was happening and i had a look at the new coil and it was completely fried black, @Stroodlepuff even primed it for me !

Seeing as i'm going on a business trip next week i had to go again today to try and sort this out....

The guy at Vapeking was kind enough to swap the device for me and oh mah gawsh does this thing work well now!! I cant believe the amount of Vaping pleasure i am getting off this new device!!!

Using it at 25 watts on some high VG juice is just so insane !!

So with that said and done, I completely understand now what a good vaping experience should be like .

Thank you to @free3dom for all of your help !! i think your last assumption was right about the device being faulty.

and Thank you to @Stroodlepuff and the Team at Vapeking for your assistance and helpfulness!

I am so happy to hear this! Pity it wasn't working as it should have right out of the box, but these things unfortunately happen sometimes.

I'm so glad you stuck with it and didn't give up - well done :rock:

And kudos to @Stroodlepuff and Vape King for doing right by you :clap:

Hopefully from here on out you'll be vaping up a storm - enjoy it, you've certainly earned it :D

Case closed! :p

Is it the screw on the rba or the deck cap that screws off , firstly ill say dont even think of using pliers theres a kinda technique to get it off, get a cloth for example a kitchen cloth n hold the base with it try to tighten n then loosen the rba cap

Back