Kanger Subox Help :(

Stoefnick

Burns
LV

Awards
Good Afternoon Guys ,

I am Fairly new to Vaping

On Monday i got the Subox Mini opened it up and immediately primed the coil and waited about 15 minutes to let it soak in and to make sure that i don't stuff up my first coil.

It was the 1.5 ohm coil i used with a 35/65 6 mg juice.

I hap my first vape at 18 watts and immediately it scratched my throat I thought it was normal because it might be a new coil but this has since continued and i am really struggling to enjoy this device. I can barely vape for more than a 1 / 1.5 second until i feel it in my throat.

I have swapped this out to the 0.5 coil and even the rebuildable ( also for some reason my screw on the RBA is so tight that i cannot loosen it up at all, i had to wick it through the air holes.)

I have gone down to 10 watts and up to 25 on all of the different coils. and various different air settings

I have also asked for advice on this from @free3dom but we are struggling to make sense of why this is happening

could anyone perhaps assist?

PS: I have also tried this on 3 other juices - another 6 mg and a 0mg but it did not help.

Maybe try a lower level of nicotine or maybe a different flavour.
Hi Dubs,

Thanks I have just added in my post that i did use another 6mg and a 0mg
As far as i have read i saw that 6mg should barely touch your throat.. and that a 12 or 18 could be more prone to that.

Hi Dubs,

Thanks I have just added in my post that i did use another 6mg and a 0mg
As far as i have read i saw that 6mg should barely touch your throat.. and that a 12 or 18 could be more prone to that.
If it's not the nicotine level it could perhaps be a certain flavour that is irritating your throat when using it in this specific tank.

Does the juice taste burnt/harsh or is just the throat hit that's bothering you?? You say you fairly new to vaping so what setup did you have before and what juices out of interest were you vaping (pg/vg ratio)??

Might be a reaction to PG perhaps?
Try a high VG or 100% VG juice to see if the irritation goes away.

The Juices i have used is the Vapeking Gummibeary 6mg that is 65/35 VG/PG and the World Wonders Great wall also 6 mg i thinnk this is a high VG....

I did use the following pen vaporizer a 1.8 www.evolutionvape.co.za/mercury-starter-kit-1-x-10ml-evo-juice-evolution-vape-south-africa

I have a 0mg juice from them and a 12mg juice that never bothered my throat at all after 2 weeks of using it.

Also the Flavours never taste burnt however the vape is kind-of hot.

If it's not the nicotine level it could perhaps be a certain flavour that is irritating your throat when using it in this specific tank.

I can also confirm that 3 people who tried it had to cough after using it

All I can offer - try going to the lowest Watts possible. Think it is 7 W. On the 1.5 ohm coil.

The Juices i have used is the Vapeking Gummibeary 6mg that is 65/35 VG/PG and the World Wonders Great wall also 6 mg i thinnk this is a high VG....

I did use the following pen vaporizer a 1.8 www.evolutionvape.co.za/mercury-starter-kit-1-x-10ml-evo-juice-evolution-vape-south-africa

I have a 0mg juice from them and a 12mg juice that never bothered my throat at all after 2 weeks of using it.

Also the Flavours never taste burnt however the vape is kind-of hot.
The difference of airflow between your old setup and the new setup is quite huge. It could be that your throat needs to get used to the intense flavour and vapour that is being inhaled. How long have you been having this problem? Also maybe try a lower wattage until you get used to it.

Well it doesn't sound like it's the device or the coil. Look moving from a pen device to basically a subohm style setup is rather a different vaping experience initially. More vapor is created, throat hit can be more intense and the flavour depending on the juice you are vaping can be strong which could be the issue. Try it at 10 - 7w and gradually go up. Let us know how that goes.

Thank you @Dubz and @Andre I will try this for a week. I have also just tried on 7 watts and i still get the same scratch..

I did however try the istick 50 and Subtank Mini this weekend and it was as smooth as silk, it was amazing.

Well it doesn't sound like it's the device or the coil. Look moving from a pen device to basically a subohm style setup is rather a different vaping experience initially. More vapor is created, throat hit can be more intense and the flavour depending on the juice you are vaping can be strong which could be the issue. Try it at 10 - 7w and gradually go up. Let us know how that goes.

I will most certainly do that ! I will also try to be at the Meet this Sunday to see if maybe other people get the same reaction when using it. In the mean time ill try to get my hands on a proper 0mg liquid and test it again.

Thank you all for the advice! It is much appreciated!

Just another quick mention,

I have set the Subox to 9 watts its bare creating any vapor i still get the scratch but once i use the pen it produces a decent amount of vapor and does not even bother my throat.

Could this finding still lead to the possibility of it being the airflow that i need to get used to?

Did you do mouth to lung or straight lung inhales on your previous device? I bought a sub-ohm tank after my nautilus tank....tried to do straight lung inhales and hated it. I couldn't get used to it at all. Made peace with that fact that and moved on. I do sub-ohm builds and still get a nice warm mouthful of vapour doing mouth to lung. So maybe cloud blowing is just not your scene. At least you have the mod now and you have the option to try other tanks. It takes time to find the setup that works for you :)

Did you do mouth to lung or straight lung inhales on your previous device? I bought a sub-ohm tank after my nautilus tank....tried to do straight lung inhales and hated it. I couldn't get used to it at all. Made peace with that fact that and moved on. I do sub-ohm builds and still get a nice warm mouthful of vapour doing mouth to lung. So maybe cloud blowing is just not your scene. At least you have the mod now and you have the option to try other tanks. It takes time to find the setup that works for you :)

@Tchwank247

Only using this as MTL at the moment I tried it once but could not keep the vape in at all.
Also the longest mouth intake i can do is about 2 seconds on the and as soon as i inhale it, it scratches.

I reckon have an experienced vaper have a look at it for you - see if it is some issue with the tank, or just your first experience with a hotter vape - perhaps come on through to the MVC meet on Sunday - cannot think of a single vaper there that would not be willing to assist :)

Yep, had the exact same issue with my atlantis.....way bigger airflow compared to the ego type setups. Some get used to it and some go back to tanks with smaller airflow for mouth to lung. Take the smallest quick draws possible for a couple of days and you should get accustomed to it in time....or just hate it entirely lol. It sucks, but thats just how it goes.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I reckon have an experienced vaper have a look at it for you - see if it is some issue with the tank, or just your first experience with a hotter vape - perhaps come on through to the MVC meet on Sunday - cannot think of a single vaper there that would not be willing to assist :)

Hi @Derick !

I am so keen to go as mentioned on the MVC thread but i do have some other duties on that Sunday Afternoon :( I also did ask until what time people will be there so that if i decide to pitch up late I wont be the only one there :D I am however going to try my best!

Hi @Derick !

I am so keen to go as mentioned on the MVC thread but i do have some other duties on that Sunday Afternoon :( I also did ask until what time people will be there so that if i decide to pitch up late I wont be the only one there :D I am however going to try my best!
Would be awesome to see you there - the more the merrier :) I think the latest we have stayed is around 6pm, but we seem to stay later the more people there are every time :)

Would be awesome to see you there - the more the merrier :) I think the latest we have stayed is around 6pm, but we seem to stay later the more people there are every time :)

If all works out well ill be there at around 14:00 fingers crossed

Interesting Thread,

My experience with a normal subtank mini has been similar.
But, after some time trying it here and there and more and more use, It does not get to me as much
anymore and I really enjoy it a lot.
I can relate completely and i was wondering the same thing as you guys, I recon it might be because
you are not used to it.

As mentioned the airflow makes all the difference especially from your previous kit.
I also can say different juices react differently on power levels ( or heat)

Some like it high, like say NCV Fruloops (Yum)
And some not so high.

But that is my experience thus far, and at the moment I am quite comfortable with it.
Just not first thing in the morning, then it will choke you.

I might be completely wrong.

I would like to see the outcome of this as well if you guys do not mind.
The more information the better.

This may be a long shot but did you wash out the tank before using it for the first time? Just to get rid of any machine oil that could be present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back