KangerTech ProTank 4 First Look

Does it leak? The gemini leaking is driving me insane! :mad:

So far not so much as a drip... but the juice fill story is a little painful... you need a tissue when you fill because no matter how you try when you squash the lid closed you need to wipe it... also you have to fill carefully as there is only one slot and if you are over zealous it blocks and you get juice all over the place.

Thanks Rob :). Will keep an eye on this.

Took the ProTank 4 out for it's first trip today... popped down to Sir Vape for a visit... she performed well and no leaks still... it's quite an impressive tank and while the flavour of the Kangertech ceramic coil isn't quite as good as a cCell it's pretty close. Just a reminder that the KangerTech ceramic coil needs to be driven at 50 watts while the cCell must be driven at 30 watts.

Right... gave the RBA deck a whirl today:

Ran the pre installed 2.5mm ID Claptons. Wicked up, and stuffed just enough cotton down the teeeeeny juice slots, trimmed off excess...

No hassles. No dry hits. Wicks beautifully. Zero leaks. Win.

Flavour is not quite what the ceramic brings to the table BUT I am only on tank no1 with the RBA so we will see as the cotton gets vaped in. Running Cowboys Apple Pie and each note is clear and present. So it does well with my tobaccos, YES. Good start. Will report back as experience progresses.

Took the Sig and ORC tank and the Minikin and ProTank 4 out tonight to a braai... both tanks are just about perfect... no leaking and both great flavour. The ProTank refill I'm not a fan of but so far the ProTank 4 has been hassle free (as has the ORC Tank) and this is a nice change with the hassles of the Gemini and Melo 3 4ml...
ProTank4 001.JPG

Took the Sig and ORC tank and the Minikin and ProTank 4 out tonight to a braai... both tanks are just about perfect... no leaking and both great flavour. The ProTank refill I'm not a fan of but so far the ProTank 4 has been hassle free (as has the ORC Tank) and this is a nice change with the hassles of the Gemini and Melo 3 4ml...
View attachment 56590

Rob, what was the hassle withe the Melo 3 4ml? I may have missed that
And is there a hassle with the Melo3 mini - other than it being too small on the capacity front?

Rob, what was the hassle withe the Melo 3 4ml? I may have missed that
And is there a hassle with the Melo3 mini - other than it being too small on the capacity front?

Hi Ho @Silver the Melo 3 Mini has been 100% trouble free... just a small tank that needs filling often.

The Melo 3 4ml however was hassle free for the first few days and then one of them dumped the juice all over my mod during the night... then my other Melo 3 4ml developed an airlock issue so had to do the Gemini fix and open the top cap to release the bubbles... and overnight it too dumped the juice all over my Snow Wolf... it appears that leaving the top cap a little open to release the airlock is fine while vaping normally but if you leave the tank overnight with the top cap slightly open the juice gets dumped.

At this point in time the only tanks that use the cCell that appear to be perfect is the Melo 3 Mini and the Vaporesso ORC tank... the Target Tank also works well but is a bottom fill. The ProTank 4 also appears to be trouble free apart from the side top fill which I don't like... you have to fill slowly because there is only one slot and if you fill too fast it blocks and puts juice everywhere.

Thanks @Rob Fisher
Most informative
You are like a walking tank encyclopedia.
We are all very lucky to get a post like that on tap!

Am keen to get a pico kit so am glad to hear the melo mini is ok

Hi Ho @Silver the Melo 3 Mini has been 100% trouble free... just a small tank that needs filling often.

The Melo 3 4ml however was hassle free for the first few days and then one of them dumped the juice all over my mod during the night... then my other Melo 3 4ml developed an airlock issue so had to do the Gemini fix and open the top cap to release the bubbles... and overnight it too dumped the juice all over my Snow Wolf... it appears that leaving the top cap a little open to release the airlock is fine while vaping normally but if you leave the tank overnight with the top cap slightly open the juice gets dumped.

At this point in time the only tanks that use the cCell that appear to be perfect is the Melo 3 Mini and the Vaporesso ORC tank... the Target Tank also works well but is a bottom fill. The ProTank 4 also appears to be trouble free apart from the side top fill which I don't like... you have to fill slowly because there is only one slot and if you fill too fast it blocks and puts juice everywhere.
The side fill... I finally got it jacked by filling on the far right of the juice slot and having the tank tilted a teeny bit clockwise. Give it a whirl I havent even had to wipe around the top ring after screwing it back down...

You thing this side fill is a PITA, let me send you my Limitless lol... leaky little monster that. Epic fail.

The side fill... I finally got it jacked by filling on the far right of the juice slot and having the tank tilted a teeny bit clockwise. Give it a whirl I havent even had to wipe around the top ring after screwing it back down...

You thing this side fill is a PITA, let me send you my Limitless lol... leaky little monster that. Epic fail.

Yip that is the way to fill it... but it's a pain.... a conventional top fill would have been a better design... but it's a small pain compared to the stability of the tank as a whole and it's a winner tank!

Yip that is the way to fill it... but it's a pain.... a conventional top fill would have been a better design... but it's a small pain compared to the stability of the tank as a whole and it's a winner tank!
A whole mess of emergencies saw me leave the house for 2 days with nothing else... I can but rate it as a perfect all rounder. Yes I did for sure enjoy getting back to the drippers. But two days with one tank and I wasnt hanging.

Bless these Ceramics. Life saver. Big time.

Uncle @Rob Fisher - is there a big difference in juice consumption with the ccell at 30w compared to protank 4 ceramic at 50w?

Uncle @Rob Fisher - is there a big difference in juice consumption with the ccell at 30w compared to protank 4 ceramic at 50w?

No there isn't @Tai. If anything I think the ProTank 4 at 50 watts may be a little more economical... not much but a little...

Thats all i needed to hear @Rob Fisher . Thanks for the prompt response as always. Have a great week. Just a little input from my side - the Billow v3 - flavour is epic. 26g ss, 2.5 id, 11 wraps slightly spaced - only running it at 33w. If you guys tell me ceramic is still better - im sold

The Protank4 journey begins....

image.jpg

I decided to get this tank because to me its quite iconic given the success of the previous versions. I have had many of the Protank devices and soon after i started vaping, the Protank 2 mini was a big favourite.

I will update my findings as i go along. Today was just the first use and first impression.

I started off with the 1.5 ohm stock coil included in the pack and am vaping it at around 15Watts
I am vaping a fruity menthol blend I know well. Its a diluted VM XXX blend with extra menthol. About 12-14mg nic strength.

Am vaping it with the main airflow wide open and the driptip airflow closed. Its quite tight. A bit tighter than the Subtank Mini RBA wide open but just loose enough to do quite a restricted lung hit.

Am enjoying it so far on the 1.5 ohm stock coil. Flavour is quite good. Reasonably crisp. Im happy with the way its bringing out the menthol for my palate. No hassles or problems so far. Its vaping very nicely.

Positives I have noticed so far
  • The tank seems well made. All the parts fit together well and the threads work nicely
  • Nice to have some airflow on the driptip. This is quite a good feature. Opening it slightly makes a big difference. No need for slip streaming using your lips.
  • I like how the top part of the tank screws down once you've pressed it together after filling. Unlike the Crius v3 for example which just pushes down and up. This one screws closed as well. Makes me think its a bit more solid and leak proof when all screwed in.
  • I quite like the feel of the drip tip on my lips. The delrin or whatever material feels good and the diameter is not too big like on some devices or too small. Just right for me.
Negatives
  • Not much i can see at this stage
  • Slight gap on the VTC mini, but that could just be my VTC Mini (there is also a slight gap on the SubTank Mini when using this VTC Mini)
So far, its a thumbs up from me and I am enjoying it. Will have to see how it fares over time. It has some stiff competition...

Ditto @Silver!
I simply love my Protank with 0.3ohm GClaptons.
The flavour (Orange Glazed Sticky Bun) is really good at 45watts on the RX200s, my favourite vape ATM.
I am using a plain drip tip.
I have had no hassles with filling whatsoever, it does not leak at all.
A bit of a toss-up between the Protank and the Melos, love the Melo mini, but the constant filling... Also the Melos are quite thirsty compared.
Plainly put, the Protank is great value for money!

I am really Enjoying the Protank 4, so much so that I've ordered another :) Im using it with the standard OCC 0.5 Ohm coils that I use on my Subtanks and Its really , really good. On par with the Subtank Mini's I own which are my favourite .. No fuss.. Trusty tanks.

@Rob Fisher would you perhaps know local vendors around Hillcrest or Durban with the kangertech ceramic coils? I have the protank4 on my Pico for my pocket vape and tried the Gceramics and Gclaptons but none give the flavour of the original ceramic coil..battling to find them though without having to order online..
Thanks in advance

@Rob Fisher would you perhaps know local vendors around Hillcrest or Durban with the kangertech ceramic coils? I have the protank4 on my Pico for my pocket vape and tried the Gceramics and Gclaptons but none give the flavour of the original ceramic coil..battling to find them though without having to order online..
Thanks in advance

Just checked the websites of the 4 shops and none of them appear to have the Ceramic Coils. :confused::(

I use the standard OCC coils on this Tank and they work wonders and the flavour is really, really Good :)

I hear all these good review of ceramic coils. Would you say its more flavourable than using built claptons?

I hear all these good review of ceramic coils. Would you say its more flavourable than using built claptons?
The only Ceramics I use are the Ccell with my target and Mello tanks, They are really great with certain Juices, I find that they change the flavour of my ADV which is VM4 so I only use the OCC coils with my ADV. I don't build coils at all.. lol.. I like things as simple as possible LOL.

Aaahhhh
No way!!

The Protank4 dumped almost an entire juice load on my VTC Mini overnight
Filled it last night after not using it for a while and this morning theres juice all over!
Damn

Am still using one of the stock coils in there (the lower power one)

I am almost sure i filled it correctly. Unscrewed the top part a bit, opened the juice port, fill, close juice port, close top part and even had a few vapes and it seemed fine.

Now need to go investigate and clean up. Gosh I hate it when this type of thing happens !!!!

:(:mad:
:bash:

Back