Kangertech topbox mini

Faiyaz Cheulkar

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I have this kangertech topbox mini with the toptank mini for 3 year's now. Had been using the RBA deck as the coils were expensive. Rebuild the SS TC coil few times(opened the coil, replaced the cotton, cleaned the coil) works good. Never had a problem.
Now I got new SS TC wire so built a 0.6 ohm coil for the RBA. The wire is a 28g SS316L.

Was using the original coil at 300 C, so fired this one first at 250. Got dry hit, lowered the temp to 100, still getting dry hits. Now when I put the same tank on my voopoo drag, set temp to 250, works fine.

Read through the TC post by @Ezekiel I am guessing it's the mod(kangertech) that is not able to read the coil properly. May be it's just programmed to handle the factory coils.

Any ideas / suggestions.

I have this kangertech topbox mini with the toptank mini for 3 year's now. Had been using the RBA deck as the coils were expensive. Rebuild the SS TC coil few times(opened the coil, replaced the cotton, cleaned the coil) works good. Never had a problem.
Now I got new SS TC wire so built a 0.6 ohm coil for the RBA. The wire is a 28g SS316L.

Was using the original coil at 300 C, so fired this one first at 250. Got dry hit, lowered the temp to 100, still getting dry hits. Now when I put the same tank on my voopoo drag, set temp to 250, works fine.

Read through the TC post by @Ezekiel I am guessing it's the mod(kangertech) that is not able to read the coil properly. May be it's just programmed to handle the factory coils.

Any ideas / suggestions.
Faiyaz, does not really matter what the screen states the temperature is, does it? Just turn it down to about 130 and then test and move the temp up to where the coil performs as you want.

Regards

Faiyaz, does not really matter what the screen states the temperature is, does it? Just turn it down to about 130 and then test and move the temp up to where the coil performs as you want.

Regards

Just made a new coil, 0.57ohm. will start from 100 this time. Let's see how it goes

Hi @Faiyaz Cheulkar

Have you tried it in normal power mode?
You can vape SS in power mode
Check if that works then it might suggest there is something funny with the TC on that mod

I don't think the mod does SS316L in temp mode, those mods only do Nickel and Titanium if memory serves.

Hi @Faiyaz Cheulkar

Have you tried it in normal power mode?
You can vape SS in power mode
Check if that works then it might suggest there is something funny with the TC on that mod

It's working fine in wattage mode. I guess it's some problem with the TC in the mod. Surprisingly the stock SS coil that came with the mod worked fine.

Try space your coil a little bit...contact coiks always gave me hell in TC and drop the 75w a bit, simple builds will get extremely hot very quickly at that wattage

Try space your coil a little bit...contact coiks always gave me hell in TC and drop the 75w a bit, simple builds will get extremely hot very quickly at that wattage

Unfortunately this mod doesn't have the option to change the wattage when in TC mode. I will be trying titanium wire, lets see if it works.

The problem is the 75W,there must be a way to lower it.Can't remember how.Perhaps lower it in normal power mode and then switch to Temp mode.You would want that wattage at about 30W

The problem is the 75W,there must be a way to lower it.Can't remember how.Perhaps lower it in normal power mode and then switch to Temp mode.You would want that wattage at about 30W

Nope. Just went through the user guide again. No option to change the wattage. I guess these old mods dint have that option.

If you press + and - at the same time,does it give you any options?Or Power + and - all at the same time for few seconds.

Otherwise you will have to get the normal SS wire again.Because there is TCR differences between SS and SS316 and SS316L

I don't have anny issues using this mod in the any Atty. or coil but had simular problems making smaller diameter coils.maybe that is your problem.make your coil diameter bigger and see how it goes(4-5mm)

Back