Kanthal SS nickel Clapton aliens oh boy

Zebelial

Noobsaibot
LV

Awards
Hey guys.

I was just wondering about all the wires out there. I'm currently running 22awg kanthal single coil 0.4ohm on 36watt. Using a Griffin 25 plus with a Eleaf istick 60w. Now... What wires can you vape on wattage and what wires can't you vape on wattage?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

So these wires are for wattage:

Kanthal
NiChrome
SS

These wires are for temp control:
Nickel
Titanium
SS

As you can see, SS can be vaped in both wattage and temp control. Those are the main types of wire.

As for types of coils, well, probably best to stick to standard coils for temp control unless they are SS as you should not dry burn nickel and titanium to check to hot spots as it can be dangerous / toxic.

So these wires are for wattage:

Kanthal
NiChrome
SS

These wires are for temp control:
Nickel
Titanium
SS

As you can see, SS can be vaped in both wattage and temp control. Those are the main types of wire.

As for types of coils, well, probably best to stick to standard coils for temp control unless they are SS as you should not dry burn nickel and titanium to check to hot spots as it can be dangerous / toxic.
Now that is a winner of an answer. Awesome and thank you so much... Will be getting some SS316 then this week

I forgot to mention that for temp control you need to (as in highly recommended) to make spaced coils.

Spaced coils do not require you to dry burn them as they shouldn't have any hot spots, compressed coils require a dry burn as they often end up with hot spots which need to be fixed.

Also I have seen some newer chips come out which support kanthal and nichrome temp control, I am not sure how accurate they are. I know the Minikin supports at least kanthal but I remember that the Minikin wasn't too accurate with its temp control.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that for temp control you need to (as in highly recommended) to make spaced coils.

Spaced coils do not require you to dry burn them as they shouldn't have any hot spots, compressed coils require a dry burn as they often end up with hot spots which need to be fixed.

Also I have seen some newer chips come out which support kanthal and nichrome temp control, I am not sure how accurate they are. I know the Minikin supports at least kanthal but I remember that the Minikin wasn't too accurate with its temp control.
@PsyCLown I'm currently running a spaced 22awg kanthal coil. 7 spaced wraps in wattage mode

Mmm will give that a go just need a different mod hehe. What ohm are you getting from the SS Clapton?

Oh crap, forgot you using a 60watt mod. SS always tends to build low, so rather forget the claptons. In one of my tanks I have dual 8 wraps spaced 24g SS316L with a 30mm ID, and its coming in at 0.22 ohms. I do find myself vaping it at 65 watts though but I prefer a warm vape, so normal S316L should be the better bet. I love it though, amazing flavor for simple wire.

Oh crap, forgot you using a 60watt mod. SS always tends to build low, so rather forget the claptons. In one of my tanks I have dual 8 wraps spaced 24g SS316L with a 30mm ID, and its coming in at 0.22 ohms. I do find myself vaping it at 65 watts though but I prefer a warm vape, so normal S316L should be the better bet. I love it though, amazing flavor for simple wire.
Ok I might be getting a new mod sometime and then give the SS a go. Thanks man

Back