Kayfun Monster V2 - impressions

Mine is lovely - only problem is that I sucked out the last drop early this morning - and haven't refilled yet.
It needs a MUCH bigger tank capacity - lol

By the way, when one uses the longer chimney top for the other tank configs - I am wondering whether that changes the flavour in any way. Probably cools it a bit. Will see in time and report back...

I hear you Hi Ho @Silver! I put the bell cap on the first time but on the second tank full I switched to the bigger tank! And by the way it does leak a bit after leaving it for a day or two.
IMG_3007.JPG

Its time for a little update on the Kayfun Monster V2 Clone

Been using it for the past few days and have vaped 3 tankfuls using the Bell Cap configuration and the same coil and wick. The tank I am nearly done with now is "Guava Ice" (@Paulie's DIY Guava juice with extra VM Menthol concentrate added)

I discovered this is the Lemaga clone. Interesting, that was the clone of the Taifun GT2, which I also liked, so it seems Lemaga makes "good" clones...

So far, the device has been working perfectly - without any problems. Flavour is still good and no leaks. No dry hits, not even a sign on longer drags. I am only vaping at 15W on a basic coil, but thats good for me for this setup and these juices. The latest Guava Ice juice is a very high VG juice (from Paulie) so i am quite chuffed it works well on my 2mm ID coil without dry hits.

As for the actual vape, after spending some time with it, i will make some further comments:
  • The flavour is very good but I still prefer the Lemo1 ever so slightly. But thats just me. This is a bit wetter and some will say a bit "fuller" or richer. So some will prefer this Monster slightly. But I like the drier sharpness of the Lemo1. Im not saying I dont like this, its great, just that I prefer the Lemo1 for its added "sharpness"
  • That said, i am really liking the reliability so far on the Monster. No fuss. The Lemo1 does occasionally misbehave, but so far this tank is behaving superbly. When refilling there is also no mess at all. The Lemo2 by the way was a lot more messy with a little juice coming out of the airholes quite often.
  • The bell cap tank config (about 2.5 ml) is really just too small for a workhorse mindless low powered vape setup. It goes down very quickly. I like it that i can see the juice but I dont see it for long. I need to try the other config with the longer chimney top and am interested to see if and how the flavour changes.
  • Another thing is that the supplied driptip is loose when using the bell cap. Its very loose, you can remove it quite easily with your lips. If you want to use the bell cap, i suggest fiddling with a thicker o ring or trying another drip tip.
Will report back when I have tried the other configurations, but so far I am still very happy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438753358.083646.jpg

Last edited:

Been using it for the past few days and have vaped 3 tankfuls using the Bell Cap configuration and the same coil and wick. The tank I am nearly done with now is "Guava Ice" (@Paulie's DIY Guava juice with extra VM Menthol concentrate added)

I discovered this is the Lemaga clone. Interesting, that was the clone of the Taifun GT2, which I also liked, so it seems Lemaga makes "good" clones...

So far, the device has been working perfectly - without any problems. Flavour is still good and no leaks. No dry hits, not even a sign on longer drags. I am only vaping at 15W on a basic coil, but thats good for me for this setup and these juices. The latest Guava Ice juice is a very high VG juice (from Paulie) so i am quite chuffed it works well on my 2mm ID coil without dry hits.

As for the actual vape, after spending some time with it, i will make some further comments:
  • The flavour is very good but I still prefer the Lemo1 ever so slightly. But thats just me. This is a bit wetter and some will say a bit "fuller" or richer. So some will prefer this Monster slightly. But I like the drier sharpness of the Lemo1. Im not saying I dont like this, its great, just that I prefer the Lemo1 for its added "sharpness"
  • That said, i am really liking the reliability so far on the Monster. No fuss. The Lemo1 does occasionally misbehave, but so far this tank is behaving superbly. When refilling there is also no mess at all. The Lemo2 by the way was a lot more messy with a little juice coming out of the airholes quite often.
  • The bell cap tank config (about 2.5 ml) is really just too small for a workhorse mindless low powered vape setup. It goes down very quickly. I like it that i can see the juice but I dont see it for long. I need to try the other config with the longer chimney top and am interested to see if and how the flavour changes.
  • Another thing is that the supplied driptip is loose when using the bell cap. Its very loose, you can remove it quite easily with your lips. If you want to use the bell cap, i suggest fiddling with a thicker o ring or trying another drip tip.
Will report back when I have tried the other configurations, but so far I am still very happy

View attachment 32870
Damn that thing looks fine8--)

Saw a video on a co. in the states I believe that offers a hand customized version (expensive around 150.00 dollars) but it produced clouds that rivaled any dripper and at low wattage.Quite impressive

Are you referring to the Monster V2 RBA (528 Custom Vapes Clone)

It might be that?

View attachment 32870

Great follow up review @Silver . Just thought id let you know that your chimney is upside down lol (Thundercat looks sleepy haha)

Great follow up review @Silver . Just thought id let you know that your chimney is upside down lol (Thundercat looks sleepy haha)

Thanks @Paulie - sleepy thundercat - lol
Do you think it makes any difference though? That base chimney piece looks quite symmetrical

Interesting that the kayfun build still requires a wrap around the screw. I wanted to buy this guy but I like using 22g 5 wraps to get .2 to .4 ohms.

Thnx for the review though. The ml capacity is also a bummer.

Interesting that the kayfun build still requires a wrap around the screw. I wanted to buy this guy but I like using 22g 5 wraps to get .2 to .4 ohms.

Thnx for the review though. The ml capacity is also a bummer.

Hi @Christos
Just on the tank size, I haven't tried the other two configurations yet but they are bigger than the bell cap. Not sure how much bigger, but I would estimate about 3.5 to 4ml. (versus the BellCap config which I estimate at 2.5 ml)

Here is a pic of the 3 configs side by side. I tried to line them up where the base would screw in to compare sizes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438872198.861145.jpg

Hi @Christos
Just on the tank size, I haven't tried the other two configurations yet but they are bigger than the bell cap. Not sure how much bigger, but I would estimate about 3.5 to 4ml. (versus the BellCap config which I estimate at 2.5 ml)
I personally like the billow v2 and the lemo 1 and 2. It's a pain in the arse since I vape about 15 top 30 ml a day. I would love to see a 10ml tank but for now I'm going to buy a reos mod. The lemo 2 with its diminished tank is at least a breeze to fill on the fly.

I personally like the billow v2 and the lemo 1 and 2. It's a pain in the arse since I vape about 15 top 30 ml a day. I would love to see a 10ml tank but for now I'm going to buy a reos mod. The lemo 2 with its diminished tank is at least a breeze to fill on the fly.

I agree, the lemo 2 is a breeze to fill

Maybe you just need to have a few devices all loaded and they will last you the day?

I agree, the lemo 2 is a breeze to fill

Maybe you just need to have a few devices all loaded and they will last you the day?
Sadly I do. I have 2 lemo v1 1 lemo v2 and 1 billow v2 as well as my plume veil and multitude of devices. I run my lemo 1 on my American muscle mech mod and my lemo 2, which I just received my replacement tank today. YAY. On my sigelei 150w I have my lemo v2, waiting for my billow glass tomorrow, so the v2 can become my spare full tank. Waiting for @Oupa to sort me out with a Reos tomorrow.

Sadly I do. I have 2 lemo v1 1 lemo v2 and 1 billow v2 as well as my plume veil and multitude of devices. I run my lemo 1 on my American muscle mech mod and my lemo 2, which I just received my replacement tank today. YAY. On my sigelei 150w I have my lemo v2, waiting for my billow glass tomorrow, so the v2 can become my spare full tank. Waiting for @Oupa to sort me out with a Reos tomorrow.

Talk about being prepared
That's the spirit @Christos !

So l guess the goblin mini's out of the question?

A sad early evening. The Monster has sprung a Monster leak.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439224970.434705.jpg

REOs in the background saying "I told you so" :) or "jy wil mos"

I rewicked yesterday and there was a bit of a dribble out the airhole but it was still okay. I refilled today and after a few toots the sluice gates opened....

I will investigate and report back...

Toilet roll brigade!

A sad early evening. The Monster has sprung a Monster leak.

View attachment 33302

REOs in the background saying "I told you so" :) or "jy wil mos"

I rewicked yesterday and there was a bit of a dribble out the airhole but it was still okay. I refilled today and after a few toots the sluice gates opened....

I will investigate and report back...

Toilet roll brigade!
That's a bummer, just does one's head in. Same thing happened twice to me yesterday with my Billow 2. First time I was driving- juice all over my clothes & hands. I believe it's got to do with atmospheric pressure & the vacuum/heat inside the tank. That's my reasoning at least.:mad:

All is well and there is peace in the land.

I checked the wick but it looked perfect to me.

I decided to switch to the bigger tank configuration which I wanted to do anyway. So this was an opportunity.

There was juice everywhere. That pic above doesn't tell the full story. There was juice running down the silicon cover of the istick50 on the other side.

I washed the silicon cover with sunlight and dried it. Put on the new tank. Filled up. Put toilet roll inside the air holes to test if there was moisture. Took some toots with lots of vigour.

All is clean and well. Thank heavens.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439229742.658093.jpg

Interestingly, the bigger tank and chimney seems to have slightly less flavour than the bell cap with the small chimney... Still guava ice juice.

Observation mode ongoing...

I had a kayfun. I still do. I used it once and it leaked like a *****. Wanted to smash it. So unpredictable.
The billow v2 leaks for me if I don't use a 40/60 pg/vg ratio. Anything below that and it leaks like a *****.
Nothing against whores. Vital part of society.

I had a kayfun. I still do. I used it once and it leaked like a *****. Wanted to smash it. So unpredictable.
The billow v2 leaks for me if I don't use a 40/60 pg/vg ratio. Anything below that and it leaks like a *****.
Nothing against whores. Vital part of society.

Lol @Christos
You have a way of putting things that makes one chuckle
PS - I too had a leaky Kayfun - but it was a clone - ....

Back