Kayfun Rba Or Aspire Nautilus (on Svd)

you cant go wrong with a IGOL

lovely dripper and easy to set up

@Matthee awesome chart that thank you! I think I'll even start winding for the Protank with that.

Don't think @Fickie, just do it and you will realize how stupid easy it is to do - Oh! and most importantly; remember to post pics of your coil or it won't work.

Slowly now. Slowly... Paying for Igo-L at one place and kanthal at another is spending enough in courier fees for another Igo-L. So maybe I'll just get some premades :p. Sorry ne!

Hello @Riaz. I'm also in the "should I order a Russian from Fasttech" boat. How long did you have to wait?

Nautilus ordered....................................thanks fishywishy!!:p:D

howsit @Reinvanhardt

well, its fasttech, prepare to wait 4 weeks.

mine arrived at the end of the 3rd week.

This is interesting, that's the first time I have seen an actual delivery timeline for Fasttech's orders to arrive. I more or less regularly bring in items from private international sellers and this is on par with anything from the States' .
- The standard 'First Class International' shipping which costs me minimum $16.50 takes the same time as Riaz indicates above. 'Priority Shipping' is about double the price and takes very close to +-two weeks but is fully registered (though n0t insured).

France is about the same, Australia the worst at 3 months.

For 'free shipping' or the 'cents' they charge trust me, this is VERY competitive.

Edit** In fact in my book they win!

This is interesting, that's the first time I have seen an actual delivery timeline for Fasttech's orders to arrive. I more or less regularly bring in items from private international sellers and this is on par with anything from the States' .
- The standard 'First Class International' shipping which costs me minimum $16.50 takes the same time as Riaz indicates above. 'Priority Shipping' is about double the price and takes very close to +-two weeks but is fully registered (though n0t insured).

France is about the same, Australia the worst at 3 months.

For 'free shipping' or the 'cents' they charge trust me, this is VERY competitive.

Edit** In fact in my book they win!

Yes, it is, but remember that it might take a while before it ships as well.
I Placed an order on 4 Feb and it was only shipped 24 Feb. Now I still have to wait for the delivery. Hopefully it doesn't take more than 2 weeks for delivery. We'll see.

Yes, it is, but remember that it might take a while before it ships as well.
I Placed an order on 4 Feb and it was only shipped 24 Feb. Now I still have to wait for the delivery. Hopefully it doesn't take more than 2 weeks for delivery. We'll see.
Oooh Cake! (pre translated for our non South African visitors) :D

Just BTW, I spun a few non working working coils at 32 gauge, and checked them in the multi, seemed quite high in resistance, clipping the tails short helps alot. It appears that the resistance is plainly a function of wire length with no effect from the actual coil, is that right?

If that is right, can I assume that you build a micro or nano coil to keep wire length short (low resistance) while increasing the wick length (surface area for juice absorbtion and heating)? And that if you built a 1 ohm coil with only 3 coils it would be low resistance but, flavour, throat hit etc will be poor?

Just trying to get a handle on the 'principles' of the build here...

Just BTW, I spun a few non working working coils at 32 gauge, and checked them in the multi, seemed quite high in resistance, clipping the tails short helps alot. It appears that the resistance is plainly a function of wire length with no effect from the actual coil, is that right?

If that is right, can I assume that you build a micro or nano coil to keep wire length short (low resistance) while increasing the wick length (surface area for juice absorbtion and heating)? And that if you built a 1 ohm coil with only 3 coils it would be low resistance but, flavour, throat hit etc will be poor?

Just trying to get a handle on the 'principles' of the build here...

You're right @Fickie - The longer the piece of wire the higher the resistance, irrespective if coiled or not. Most important is to find the sweet spot: maximum surface area and adequate juice transfer in wicking. Low ohms = higher throat hit. Each type of juice requires different type of coil to excel in flavour. You need to experiment until you find your personal sweet spot. Its a very personal thing as taste is so subjective.

Just BTW, I spun a few non working working coils at 32 gauge, and checked them in the multi, seemed quite high in resistance, clipping the tails short helps alot. It appears that the resistance is plainly a function of wire length with no effect from the actual coil, is that right? Yes, wire length and wire diameter.

If that is right, can I assume that you build a micro or nano coil to keep wire length short (low resistance) while increasing the wick length (surface area for juice absorbtion and heating - not for heating)? Yes, and for other reasons. And that if you built a 1 ohm coil with only 3 coils it would be low resistance but, flavour, throat hit etc will be poor? Yes, 3 wraps will not be as effective as you can get - you do need to get some real estate in there to have as much wick inside the coil itself. So, you would go for thicker wire (like 28g).

Just trying to get a handle on the 'principles' of the build here...[/QUOTE]

Thanks a million guys. Was going to build a working couple but then decided that I shouldn't fix what isn't broke. Just played around as per the above while I wait for the igo-l coils to go higher up or bugger out.

Ok, so I know I'm going to get flack for not posting pics in the show your working coil setup and I apologise but just wanted to say thanks to everybody for the help on this thread. I have been spinning no issues on evod and PT2 for a while now. I don't use the igo-l that much so still have the original coils in there and the Russian has been a treat. Fitted my first dualie in there today at 1.4 to 1.5 ohms (not sure why its changing) and its a killer have the SVD set to 3w as its hectic for me but 5.5w it nice now and then.

I wanna try some of those fancy coils in the near future but so far so good. I think most importantly I don't remember when I had my last stinky and I don't care, I'm way to busy enjoying myself vaping to be bothered (it was around mid Feb). So once again a big shout out to everyone.

On the downside, I sometimes think now I know what it feels like to have a small penis in my mouth LOKL and ROF!

Cheers guys and gals.

Fitted my first dualie in there today at 1.4 to 1.5 ohms (not sure why its changing) and its a killer have the SVD set to 3w as its hectic for me but 5.5w it nice now and then.

I wanna try some of those fancy coils in the near future but so far so good. I think most importantly I don't remember when I had my last stinky and I don't care, I'm way to busy enjoying myself vaping to be bothered (it was around mid Feb). So once again a big shout out to everyone.

Cheers guys and gals.
For that fluctuating resistance, maybe check if the post screws are still properly fastened and holding the coil tails. Great to hear you have left the stinkies behind you.

Back