Keep Calm - shaunnadan's getting married !

shaunnadan

somewhere in the clouds....
VIP
LV

Awards
hey everyone

So as some of you know I about to embark on a new journey in life. @PrenessaM and I are finally getting married !

The adventure starts on the 2nd of April and in true spirit this thread needed to be created to discuss the most important of wedding planning decisions of my life !!!!

What vape gear will I take on honeymoon :)

Destination is set for Singapore and Thailand (Phuket)

Current plan :

Take small single battery mod (balrog) with a nitecore charger and throw that into checked luggage with 4x unicorn bottles of juice.

Pack a smallish commercial coil tank with spare glass and spare pack of coils - refer to this thread

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/whats-your-favorite-commercial-tank-lower-power-mod.t21206/

Maybe a dripper for the evening....

Carry 4x 18650 batteries in a case in hand luggage

Note - Singapore airport is rather strict on confiscating Vape gear so il rather skip all of that hassle and pack things away into checked luggage

*im considering a small ego type mod for stealth vaping on the plane.

The main thing is to not carry any important gear and to skip the hassle of rebuilding... While I would prefer to have my rolo with and a nice powerful rebuildable tank it means carrying 2 spools of wire , cutters, scissors , cotton , tweezers etc and i rather just pop in a new coil if it's not behaving.

As always, your suggestions are always welcome :)

Last edited:
QDSIbN5.gif

All the very best @shaunnadan! Travel safe and have a JOL!

Very interested to see how vaping is accepted in Singapore?

Thanks @Rob Fisher !

My plan is to stealth Vape in public and keep it to a tame 45w kinda Vape. No cloud chasing :(
A tame 45w haha. I rem getting looks when I was vaping at twenty watts on an istick 30. Congrats @shaunnadan all yhe best in your new journey ( 1st Singapore then marriage)

Congrats on the big day @shaunnadan and @PrenessaM
That is marvellous and I wish the two of you a wonderful marriage and honeymoon.
:dancing:

Please take a cool pic for us sipping cocktails on the beach somewhere while vaping a lovely juice and blowing a big cloud!

Regarding what to take with - I can only just imagine the torture of making this decision :eek:

I would probably also go for the commercial coil route - but then knowing myself I would pack all the rebuildable stuff as well - "just in case". Lol, I know there is not much logic in that but that is probably what I would do. I would probably also take a few atties freshly coiled and wicked and prewrap some coils and cut some wicks, ready for quick pitstops.

Check the charger will fit the sockets on that side of the world.
And take enough juice!!
And also split the gear across bags (hand vs check in) so that if your luggage gets lost you are not totally stranded.
And do some research on finding where the closest vape outlets are to your hotels, just in case...

Ok enough now :D

Enjoy it Shaun !

Congrats on the big day @shaunnadan and @PrenessaM
That is marvellous and I wish the two of you a wonderful marriage and honeymoon.
:dancing:

Please take a cool pic for us sipping cocktails on the beach somewhere while vaping a lovely juice and blowing a big cloud!

Regarding what to take with - I can only just imagine the torture of making this decision :eek:

I would probably also go for the commercial coil route - but then knowing myself I would pack all the rebuildable stuff as well - "just in case". Lol, I know there is not much logic in that but that is probably what I would do. I would probably also take a few atties freshly coiled and wicked and prewrap some coils and cut some wicks, ready for quick pitstops.

Check the charger will fit the sockets on that side of the world.
And take enough juice!!
And also split the gear across bags (hand vs check in) so that if your luggage gets lost you are not totally stranded.
And do some research on finding where the closest vape outlets are to your hotels, just in case...

Ok enough now :D

Enjoy it Shaun !
Thank you so much for the kind words @Silver

I have packed away a survival rebuildable kit.

A bit of kanthal, cotton bacon, tweezer, nail clipper and small screwdriver. Pre wrapped coils and wicks for easy pit stops are all done. I'm most prob going to take a rebuildable tank and keep the commercial tank as a spare, lol

My power has been sorted, the hotel has given me a pic of the wall socket and I have the corresponding plug onto a multiplug. I will be introducing load shedding as I charge up : portable Bluetooth jbl speaker, iPod nano, GoPro camera, iPhone , nitecore charger ...

Currently I have 150ml of juice packed and will be getting another 30ml before I leave :)

I'm splitting gear between our 2 checked bags, I have confirmed with a few people who flew via Singapore this week and have had Vape gear I'm hand luggage confiscated:(

Rather interesting news... Thailand has banned the trade of vaping related items, I have however found "underground" vendors and plan to visit a few with an guide from a Thai based ecig forum :)

@shaunnadan - I would say you are very well prepared!!!

Enjoy

Many congratulations @shaunnadan and @PrenessaM - Oh, and enjoy a Singapore Sling (cocktail) on my behalf, Sentosa is a must visit while you there.

How do you know that someone is getting married ???

Like this :)

image.jpeg

Congratulations and all the best @shaunnadan and @PrenessaM ! Enjoy the trip and the honeymoon.

It looks like you have your homework done as far as kit and distribution of risk is concerned. You'll need to flip a coin for the tank choice though.
My main concern is : Is it really possible for you to stealth vape ? Your idea of a small eGo style device is likely the eGo ONE Mega ;)

Back