KUI a closer look

Anyone know what the body is made of, last I heard from scans (back in December mind you)it is a zinc alloy?

Also, does anyone know the patent number on the original Reo, me thinks it would make for an interesting read?

Anyone know what the body is made of, last I heard from scans (back in December mind you)it is a zinc alloy?

Also, does anyone know the patent number on the original Reo, me thinks it would make for an interesting read?

Stainless Steel afaik

Message sent via tapatalk

@JakesSA i got it on zink aloy as well, the contacts i a copper aloy i am not sure what aloy

Capture.PNG

20150223_190712-1.jpg 20150223_190643-1.jpg Monster KUI rocking a cyclops , and doing it justice !

I really enjoy the KUI a hell of a lot . The biggest problem with it must be it's weight . But I will put it in my milling machine and slot it like my sl reo as soon as I get the time.

Hope you guys are enjoy it as well .

View attachment 21936 View attachment 21937 Monster KUI rocking a cyclops , and doing it justice !

I really enjoy the KUI a hell of a lot . The biggest problem with it must be it's weight . But I will put it in my milling machine and slot it like my sl reo as soon as I get the time.

Hope you guys are enjoy it as well .

You're really talented bro, nice job.

@VapeSnow here is a temp fix for the atty not sitting flush. In the spares packet you will find a small white isolater . It is the very small silicone one . Strip your Kui and first remove the positive contact plate by unscrewing the bottom piece of the center pin just like you would with a reo .

Then remove the center pin . It is very tight but push it out from the bottom . Now remove the old insolater from the 510 .

Put the small one in from the packet and replace the center pin . Put an atty on and if you use the right one from the spare parts the atty will sit flush .

Pls just test it with a tester to make sure all is in order and nothing is making any short before using it .

I just tested it that way and it works 100%

@DoubleD yes that was my plan too . I wanted to remove the kui 510 and replace it with a fatdady , but someone bought it ....:D:p

@VapeSnow here is a temp fix for the atty not sitting flush. In the spares packet you will find a small white isolater . It is the very small silicone one . Strip your Kui and first remove the positive contact plate by unscrewing the bottom piece of the center pin just like you would with a reo .

Then remove the center pin . It is very tight but push it out from the bottom . Now remove the old insolater from the 510 .

Put the small one in from the packet and replace the center pin . Put an atty on and if you use the right one from the spare parts the atty will sit flush .

Pls just test it with a tester to make sure all is in order and nothing is making any short before using it .

I just tested it that way and it works 100%
Thx buddy I appreciate the info.

That looks sick as tits.....well done....you just started a modding frenzy.

Next question is........what Reo spares can be transplanted into the KUI?:mask::mask::mask:

@VapeSnow it will actually be a permanent fix if you can also machine (or file or grind or dredmill) the top of the 510 center pin , the shoulder part , to half of its original size.

The best option would be to replace the 510 all together!

Anyone else having a problem with the kui constantly firing? I just touch the button and it stays depressed until I manually lift the button up again.

The delrin insert must have a section that pushes the leaf contact up, creating the tension required for the springiness in the firing pin and the keep the connection away from firing. Mine looks too shallow too. Just going to superglue something in to get it right

Back