Kui Squonker

I'm good thanks:)
I made another single oring and fitted it above the leaf spring (I keep changing the name of this thing) and made sure the flexible pipe was nicely squared off and touch a woody but so far no leaks.
It will leak again when I mess with the bottle though. @kimbo and me are doing a deal (well, kimbo is being really nice, and I'll send him some hot english......

mustard)
...or something.

No, I have been drinking not.

pommieland...and I sit here "vrou, why do I feel like a Hunters Gold?" what is this flavour I crave..so we off to the shops, buy some variety ciders and speciality ciders. Drink...nope..thats not right...try another...drink...nope thats not right.
A few bottles later both me and her are convinced Hunters Gold is so superior that no English Cider can match it. Ever. FACT.

Then we open some 2L's I bought...nope, that one sucks...next one sucks. At this point we are both happy and ticking. Open next 2L...BINGO...dats the one china! Its the right taste! It may not be 100%...but its close enough!
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268607379
(its the cheapest one they have) £2 for 2L. Possibly the nicest thing that has happened.

While I was there I got a pregnancy test...I went to the toilet and good news, I'm not pregnant. But still dont know why I fancied a Hunters Gold.

Anyway,,,,KUI squonker...its lekka too.

I'm good thanks:)
I made another single oring and fitted it above the leaf spring (I keep changing the name of this thing) and made sure the flexible pipe was nicely squared off and touch a woody but so far no leaks.
It will leak again when I mess with the bottle though. @kimbo and me are doing a deal (well, kimbo is being really nice, and I'll send him some hot english......

mustard)
...or something.

No, I have been drinking not.

@Xhale How is your latest o-ring holding up? If it solved your leaking problem please share a pic with those of us that are DIY-challenged :confused:

The leaking is started to irritate me a little. It's not a major leak but after a while it starts to add up. Honestly, other than this nagging leak I'm actually really happy with my device.

it still leaks, because you have to get the bottle out to refill, which means the tube twists and so on..the oring is a stopgap.
Do you have the same little hole in your threading like the pic I posted...or just a general leak from *somewhere*...because, to be honest, the oring thing will never ever be a long term solution. Oring is squishy...so you cant tighten the lower part of the nipple fully, which means the little leaf can swivel about.

Mine is broken from the factory so to speak, and at some stage a replacement 510 from the legend that is @kimbo will arrive.

And I'm rather pleased with mine too. Any niggles are actually so minor...its my all-day-device for now. Pity the company behind it (scans) only scored 4/10. They have/had a good-enough product.

Yip, mine is the same as the pic you posted. I figured the o-ring wouldn't be a permanent fix, more curious on how well it was working or whether you noticed any difference.

yes it is much better, but not 100%. So it does sort of allow you to carry on, but it wont survive in the Karoo for 9 months.

Heres some pics:
some sample orings as I experimented with how thin I coud cut them using a kitchen scissor and laziness. These are cut from the tubing SCANS supplies with the mod. And a photo I took of the mod right now with the cover removed so we can see the leakage from 2 days since I last cleaned. Its not horrendous now. It used to be much worse.
WP_20150507_11_24_24_Pro.jpg WP_20150507_11_25_08_Pro.jpg

and lastly, a picture of where the oring sits now, arrowed in red
WP_20150507_11_25_28_Pro.jpg
click to embiggen

Back