Leaking CUE pods, resolved?

Raindance

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Hi guy's, can anybody confirm the status regarding Twisp Cue pods? Hwve the leaking issues been resolved? I was thinking of getting a few to gift some potential converts but if the stil hwve this problem I will have to make another plan.

Thank, regards

Hi guy's, can anybody confirm the status regarding Twisp Cue pods? Hwve the leaking issues been resolved? I was thinking of getting a few to gift some potential converts but if the stil hwve this problem I will have to make another plan.

Thank, regards
Anybody?

Thread moved to the Twisp subforum so they can respond directly here about their products

Please remember, vendors are not allowed to discuss their products and services in the general threads of the forum

@Raindance AFAIK there were a TON of reports on the pods leaking. Twisp has asked for reports on them and is currently trying to identify the problem so that they can fix it, but I think that's where it stands as of now.

Hi Guys, we are not in a 'wait and see phase', nor a 'problem solving phase' anymore. We have assessed all our stock and also evaluated how big the problem has been for our customer base. We have been working on a 2nd gen pod for a while, with improved vape performance and have incorporated some improvements to the plastic materials and seal design as well. While the problems some people have been having are not as pervasive as one would think, we are still rushing this 2nd gen pod to market ASAP. Should be hitting our shores by January. In the meantime, we have assessed our stock and replenished it with a new production batch which arrived just over a week ago in December. While this new batch does not include the improvements, it is a newer batch and will exhibit a much lower incidence of issues. We will continue to replace pods for people where the leakage prevents normal operation, and apologise for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, the Cue continues to perform extremely well, and I think it will still make for a great gift for those looking for a little help quitting or reducing their cigarette usage over the Xmas and New Year period.

should we be expecting any new gen pods in the stores this week or is it still being processed. @Mic Lazzari

long live the cue, snot nies en al.
jokes aside is there an update for us die hard cue fans

Hi Guys, we are not in a 'wait and see phase', nor a 'problem solving phase' anymore. We have assessed all our stock and also evaluated how big the problem has been for our customer base. We have been working on a 2nd gen pod for a while, with improved vape performance and have incorporated some improvements to the plastic materials and seal design as well. While the problems some people have been having are not as pervasive as one would think, we are still rushing this 2nd gen pod to market ASAP. Should be hitting our shores by January. In the meantime, we have assessed our stock and replenished it with a new production batch which arrived just over a week ago in December. While this new batch does not include the improvements, it is a newer batch and will exhibit a much lower incidence of issues. We will continue to replace pods for people where the leakage prevents normal operation, and apologise for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, the Cue continues to perform extremely well, and I think it will still make for a great gift for those looking for a little help quitting or reducing their cigarette usage over the Xmas and New Year period.
If we are still experiencing problems, do we take it back to the shop that it was purchased from?

@Dianne there are posts up here that said you need to take it back with your slips.I didn't take mine back I was there too often.I am however waiting for the new ones to come into circulation.it is a good device or should I say a well thought of idea its its a pity it had problems though as I seem to like it most out of their device because I found what I'm looking for in it.so its a waiting game but tell your hubby to byt vas and stick to vaping

@Dianne there are posts up here that said you need to take it back with your slips.I didn't take mine back I was there too often.I am however waiting for the new ones to come into circulation.it is a good device or should I say a well thought of idea its its a pity it had problems though as I seem to like it most out of their device because I found what I'm looking for in it.so its a waiting game but tell your hubby to byt vas and stick to vaping
Thank you for your reply. Hoping that vaping will help him to quit.

@Dianne I was ready to quit and yet I wasn't then I went to the kiosk and tried the products.and out of all those brilliant devices I chose the cue...true story and in not getting paid for this.
I had stinkies with me and every time I lit one I could feel the bad it did.the cue didn't do what I wanted at the rate of 100℅ but it didn't make me feel as bad as the stinkies did.I quit within a weekend. give him time and get him a vape mod. someone else can maybe prescribe a device to use alongside the cue

I took it back to Dischem and they said they would exchange it but it is better to go to one Twisp kiosks in the malls nearby.

@Dianne like I said this cue thing works and I like it I had 3 but due to leaking I opted for one.I have how ever got me two other devices that I use and use the cue only when really necessary.
I take it to work with me aswell but as a backup.if this was not the case I would buy me more of this devices and only use it.I have been to the kiosks myself and it didn't go to well for me all the time hence me waiting for the new generation pods.if that don't work then the cue will stay my 3rd device.
and only because it works.I had pods that ran out in a day then I had pods that lasted a week.some users had pods that never leaked.
the point of why I'm explaining all this is the cue works but you will have to see if you want to overlook the leaking issue.if it leaks the nic may run out first and that will mean the pod is only flavour and for a ex smoker that will be totally useless.
and I don't think twisp will sell the same liquid in the cue for you to use in another device because it will render the cue worthless.

my best advice is to buy two at a time and open it at the kiosk but you will have to wait 5mins. to see what happens.now Dischem sends you to a kiosk then you come to the kiosk and you spend more time there and you still have to answer to what when how why.and according to me you are waisting a day on a pod that costs R45.then you add petrol and everything else that goes with it.

so I have faith in this thing but I lost too much time and will wait till version 2 comes.and when you consider all this and say something then it looks like you're pervasive

@Dianne but tell your hubby not to revert to smoking and just be a little stronger and ask the other forum members for advice.
there is a lot of advice on this forum and members who will gladly assist you with any question.have faith

He is very happy with the Cue, has not smoked since last year. He likes the portability and quick charging. In terms of costs, a pod every second day is cheaper than a daily pack of Sand Mule.

@Johan Coetzee, anything to add?

Regards
Leaking or not, this is and will always be the best gift i received for my birthday. Funny enough, the complimentary pods that came along with the twisp did not leak, it is only the last i acquired, however, i got them (2) for free, thus no complaints.
Johan

Back