Lemo drop random burnt taste.

PutRid

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys.
Iv had the lemo drop now for a few weeks and i have been loving it, its been my all day device since i got it.
The last 2 days has been odd as I have never had a dry hit except for once when i forgot to change the wattage from 50w as i was using my magma.
I normally build 0.8ohm macro and micro coils with 26g and 28g.
I find myself having to make a new coil everyday as after a while it starts tasting burnt, for instance yesterday i made a 0.8ohm 26g and filled with my favourite yet so dam expensive juice (purple alien) and not even half way through it starts tasting burnt and everything was ruined, i checked the coil, nothing was gunky and the wick seemed fine. Got home made a new coil (same type) and refilled, everything was hunky dory and now i get to work this morning have my coffee and morning vape and after an hour it starts tasting like the coil has burnt out again. I vape between 21-25w on the hana btw.
Maybe its billow time
What do?!

Funny you say that @PutRid

I was also going to post something for the Lemo experts to assist me on. Not as bad as your problem, but similar

I have the Lemo though, not the drop. I have a 1.1 ohm 28g 7 wrap coil, 1.8mm ID - Rayon wick. I have only been using mine for a few days.

Here is my problem
- sometimes when I pick up the device (on the Smok M50 at 15 Watts), the first puff tastes a bit burnt. Then I give it a small puff and a bit of a primer puff without firing - and then its fine again.
- This happens about half the time I pick it up the first time
- Sometimes, a longer puff leads to it being slightly burnt towards the last half of the puff. Sometimes its fine.
- My wick is the same as I posted in my pic previously on the Lemo thread - it just comes down to the deck - doesnt go alongside the deck.

Maybe I have too little wick? Maybe I should try a bigger ID, like 2mm. Or maybe I need longer wick tails and pack it nicely on the deck?

Its a good vape, but the odd inconsistency is not so nice. So I need to figure it out.

Funny you say that @PutRid

I was also going to post something for the Lemo experts to assist me on. Not as bad as your problem, but similar

I have the Lemo though, not the drop. I have a 1.1 ohm 28g 7 wrap coil, 1.8mm ID - Rayon wick. I have only been using mine for a few days.

Here is my problem
- sometimes when I pick up the device (on the Smok M50 at 15 Watts), the first puff tastes a bit burnt. Then I give it a small puff and a bit of a primer puff without firing - and then its fine again.
- This happens about half the time I pick it up the first time
- Sometimes, a longer puff leads to it being slightly burnt towards the last half of the puff. Sometimes its fine.
- My wick is the same as I posted in my pic previously on the Lemo thread - it just comes down to the deck - doesnt go alongside the deck.

Maybe I have too little wick? Maybe I should try a bigger ID, like 2mm. Or maybe I need longer wick tails and pack it nicely on the deck?

Its a good vape, but the odd inconsistency is not so nice. So I need to figure it out.
Yeah its so weird, iv been using the same type coil since i got it. The flavour has been great, i love this thing so much i dont even use my kayfun anymore and that thing was amazing for me.
Im not quite sure what else to do, i have used organic cotton and rayon maybe as you said the wicking is wrong but its always been the same, i have cleaned all contacts, removed the centre pin etc. Its so odd. I find the taste is alot better on a vv vw device, so i mainly use it on the hana and i never go over 4.4v.

If the wick is covering the grooves that feed the juice to the deck it doesn't wick properly and then you start getting that burnt taste. Make sure that when you put the cotton in the coil, you try to get the cotton as flush against the sides of the "wall" of the build section of the deck, leaving plenty of space between the cotton and the juice wells...

If the wick is covering the grooves that feed the juice to the deck it doesn't wick properly and then you start getting that burnt taste. Make sure that when you put the cotton in the coil, you try to get the cotton as flush against the sides of the "wall" of the build section of the deck, leaving plenty of space between the cotton and the juice wells...
Yeah man, all is done like that i always make sure the light shines through the two juice holes. Its never too much or too little, i cut the cotton about 2mm above the chimney then stuff it in and push it against the build deck.

I found that 2.4mm ID works best for me on the Lemo. I also had random dry hits. What worked for me in the end was stuffing just a little more cotton into the coil than I thought I needed - be careful as too much wick can also choke the coil. I haven't had a dry hit since. Also as mentioned above, make sure that your cotton is not covering the juice channels.

What's the PG/VG ratio on your juice? Maybe it's too thick for the Lemo Drop?
Well purple alien is 40 60 pg vg, the juice today (gambit diy) is also 40 60 pg vg mixed with a quarter (grants vannila custard) 20 80 pg vg.
Iv vaped straight 20 80 pg vg in with no issues before.

Well purple alien is 40 60 pg vg, the juice today (gambit diy) is also 40 60 pg vg mixed with a quarter (grants vannila custard) 20 80 pg vg.
Iv vaped straight 20 80 pg vg in with no issues before.
I also vape 40pg 60vg in my Lemo and no issues with wicking. The most important part of a successful build in the Lemo is your wicking.

I also vape 40pg 60vg in my Lemo and no issues with wicking. The most important part of a successful build in the Lemo is your wicking.

Thanks for all the feedback guys

@Dubz, the more I think about it - the more I think you have hit the nail on the head - wicking is of extreme importance in these devices.

But in my last wick, I didn't cut above the chimney and then just stuff it down - I just put enough wick for it to touch the deck and then pushed it against the wall, away from the juice channels, after lubing it. Then I carefully put on the chimney and assembled the rest.

Do you think I perhaps had too little wick?

Thanks for all the feedback guys

@Dubz, the more I think about it - the more I think you have hit the nail on the head - wicking is of extreme importance in these devices.

But in my last wick, I didn't cut above the chimney and then just stuff it down - I just put enough wick for it to touch the deck and then pushed it against the wall, away from the juice channels, after lubing it. Then I carefully put on the chimney and assembled the rest.

Do you think I perhaps had too little wick?
From my experience according to what you have tried already it can only be that you have too little wick in your coil. I noticed when I had too little wick in my coil after I stopped firing my device the after burn sizzle was quite loud and I would get random dry hits. When I started using more wick in the coil the after burn sizzle is so soft I can't hear it unless I put my atty right next to my ear and I don't get dry hits anymore. There is a very fine line between packing wick into your coil versus stuffing too much in there. In my kayfun i use a 2mm ID whereas in my Lemo i use a 2.4mm ID, I just feel that the Lemo needs more wicking material than usual. This has worked well for me especially with the Lemo.

Ok well i just took the cotton out and replaced it. You cant really see how far down it goes but it goes down about 1mm further than the bottom of the deck. This is how i have always done it, on the lemo and kayfuns. Coil is from last night btw.
03bd22994b6228297ad5aa00e3013369.jpg

Ok well i just took the cotton out and replaced it. You cant really see how far down it goes but it goes down about 1mm further than the bottom of the deck. This is how i have always done it, on the lemo and kayfuns. Coil is from last night btw.
03bd22994b6228297ad5aa00e3013369.jpg

Many thanks @PutRid. Picture is great. Thanks
I need to try with a bigger diameter coil. Mine is now 1.8mm and I think my wick is too short.

Do you cut the wick after putting the chimney on, then "stuff" it down and push against the wall after lubing?

Or do you set it up "neatly" all lubed - before putting on the chimney?

I need to try with a bigger diameter coil. Mine is now 1.8mm and I think my wick is too short.

Do you cut the wick after putting the chimney on, then "stuff" it down and push against the wall after lubing?

I use either 2mm or 2.5mm.
I usually screw chimney down then pull wick out like bunny ears then pull them together and cut about 1 or 2mm above the end of chimney, then stuff it down and push against wall and saturate.

@Silver just so you know from my side, I set it up and lube it up before putting on the chimney.

The Kayfun does the exact same thing if you over do the wicking a bit. first half of the tank is awesome until the downward pressure gets less so the wicking isn't assisted any more... then its downhill from there.

I leave the wick long and put the first bit of the chimney on with the tips of the wick sticking out. then cut the wick about 2 - 3 mm above the rim of the chimney. I then pack this into the wicking wells and close it up... using this method I can suck the kayfun dry between wicking.

Back