LIME ICE - My first "semi DIY" juice - then full DIY

The Error only happens sometimes

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    164.7 KB · Views: 26
Hi Guys just a big thank you to @Silver and @Riaz for making me take interest in DIY. Saw this thread and had to try it, used VM Lime, Menthol & Cotton candy, VM PG and VM Nic (36mg VM) and Dolly Varden VG (BP grade) and had so much faith in you guys and went for the whole 100ml. This will easily become my ADV and it is not yet properly steeped/cured. Only had 30ml VM Nic so didn't make the 33.33 something of the EJM calculator but to my noob taste buds this is not noticeable. Thanks guys and keep them recipes rolling. Here is my 100ml recipe as below...

upload_2015-5-16_15-44-11.png

Last edited:
Super @VapeViper
Glad you like it

Wonder what the extra Cotton Candy you've added does to the taste...

I got chills when I read the title to this thread. I love anything lemon and lime. I cant wait to try this.

Super @VapeViper
Glad you like it

It was a spin off that Riaz add to his take on it earlier in the thread, also thought it might add a little sweet to it, still really enjoying it, next time I'll have to make two bottles so that the other can steep.

I am also really loving this juice... Still...
At the moment, i have it in two devices. 18mg version for mouth to lung and i have a toned down 12mg version for a lung hit. Both are delicious

Super @VapeViper
Glad you like it

The cotton candy flavour is generally just Ethyl Maltol diluted 10% in PG.

Here is what EM does to a juice (from reddit):

Tiny Bit (A fraction of 1% in your mix) - Gives a "body" to the vapor and may slightly reduce sharp notes.
A Bit (Close to 1% +/- in your mix) - As above but will take the edge off sharp notes and may very slightly sweeten.
A Bunch (1%-5% of your total mix) - As above plus sweeten
A Load (10%+ of your total mix) - Cotton Candy flavor

:)

Hi Guys just a big thank you to @Silver and @Riaz for making me take interest in DIY. Saw this thread and had to try it, used VM Lime, Menthol & Cotton candy, VM PG and VM Nic (36mg VM) and Dolly Varden VG (BP grade) and had so much faith in you guys and went for the whole 100ml. This will easily become my ADV and it is not yet properly steeped/cured. Only had 30ml VM Nic so didn't make the 33.33 something of the EJM calculator but to my noob taste buds this is not noticeable. Thanks guys and keep them recipes rolling. Here is my 100ml recipe as below...

View attachment 27263

If you you want to do DIY calculations on your mobile devices (or non-windows machine) you can use the SkyBlue DIY Calculator (made by me) from any browser on any system - it can also import your Ejuice Me Up recipes ;)

How do u prepare your em in pg at what concentration. Or rather how should one? Does it degrade if in solution? Not sure why it doesn't ship in solution or if I should just dilute the whole batch or not

I think the ratio is 1/4 teaspoon EM crystals to 10ml PG if I remember correctly.

@Viper_SA is 100% spot on.

• Take 1/4 teaspoon and drop it into some PG (in a glass container).
  • Now pour some very hot water (not boiling, but quite hot) into a bigger container.
  • Place the glass container with the EM+PG into the hot water (making sure none of the water gets into the container).
  • Every so often take the bottle out and shake/swirl it - or stir it with something while it is still in the hot water.
  • It only takes a couple of minutes and you will see the crystals disappear completely and the liquid will become clear.
  • At this point it is ready for use :)
As a general rule, I always shake my EM concentrate before I use it, in case some of the crystals re-formed - but I've not really seen that happen unless you use too many crystals when making the concentrate.

Because of this it's better to use too little EM crystals rather than to many. Nothing prevents you from making a lighter concentration of EM, but making a higher concentration is not possible as the PG will get over-saturated and the crystals will no longer dissolve :D

@Derick and @free3dom, am I correct in assuming that the 10ml of EM crystals could be diluted to 100ml PG to get the correct % to use?

Had some more lime ice today from @Silver :D

It's a lovely, refreshing juice. I need to get some in 3mg. 9mg killed my chest

@Derick and @free3dom, am I correct in assuming that the 10ml of EM crystals could be diluted to 100ml PG to get the correct % to use?

That should work fine...it will just take a bit longer for the crystals to dissolve, since heating up that much liquid would take longer. If you find some remaining crystals after a long time, just add a bit more PG until they are all dissolved.

The only issue would be it might take you ages to use up 100ml of EM - unless you use it as a cotton candy flavour @ 8%+. It's not really a problem though, if you ever find the EM crystals re-appear in your solution, just place in hot water again and they should dissolve.

Last edited:
That should would fine...it will just take a bit longer for the crystals to dissolve, since heating up that much liquid would take longer. If you find some remaining crystals after a long time, just add a bit more PG until they are all dissolved.

The only issue would be it might take you ages to use up 100ml of EM - unless you use it as a cotton candy flavour @ 8%+. It's not really a problem though, if you ever find the EM crystals re-appear in your solution, just place in hot water again and they should dissolve.

Thanks, reason I asked is that the 'quarter teaspoon' isn't very scientific, lol. Might get some variation between batches if you measure different each time. A weight might be more precise. I weighed off the citric acid I made up, will try with the EM too.

Had some more lime ice today from @Silver :D

It's a lovely, refreshing juice. I need to get some in 3mg. 9mg killed my chest

@Yiannaki
I had Lime Ice in 3 devices today.
- In Reo Red with the Nuppin
- In Reo Silver
- and in the Nautilus Mini

The Reo Red lung hit Nuppin version is weaker than the others. It's not 9mg though. I have gone back to my notes and checked its specs. That one's specs are as follows:
- 12.6mg nic
- 57% PG

;-)

The cotton candy flavour is generally just Ethyl Maltol diluted 10% in PG.

Here is what EM does to a juice (from reddit):

Tiny Bit (A fraction of 1% in your mix) - Gives a "body" to the vapor and may slightly reduce sharp notes.
A Bit (Close to 1% +/- in your mix) - As above but will take the edge off sharp notes and may very slightly sweeten.
A Bunch (1%-5% of your total mix) - As above plus sweeten
A Load (10%+ of your total mix) - Cotton Candy flavor

:)
Thank you @free3dom for this information. Will definitely use your percentages on my next take, 2% is definitely not enough to sweeten it up, will play around. One Question?: Where can I get Ethyl Maltol crystals ?

If you you want to do DIY calculations on your mobile devices (or non-windows machine) you can use the SkyBlue DIY Calculator (made by me) from any browser on any system - it can also import your Ejuice Me Up recipes ;)

Thank you will definitely look into your SkyBlue DIY calculator , great appreciation for making the simple DIY's easier, cant wait to play around with it, want to play around with different citrus flavours and who knows where it will end?

I have added the words "- then full DIY" to the title of this thread

The reason why Lime Ice was only "Semi DIY" was because I used @Oupa's clean cut pre-mixed 18mg ready made unflavoured juice as my base.

However, since then, this juice has become full DIY - because I have been mixing it with SkyBlue's Nicotine base and PG/VG

So now its a full DIY juice ;-)

I still don't steep it though - it gets mixed straight into the Reo bottle and then shaken - then vaped.

EDIT - changed to "full DIY" for @johan

Last edited:
I have added the words "- then DIY" to the title of this thread

The reason why Lime Ice was only "Semi DIY" was because I used @Oupa's clean cut pre-mixed 18mg ready made unflavoured juice as my base.

However, since then, this juice has become full DIY - because I have been mixing it with SkyBlue's Nicotine base and PG/VG

So now its a full DIY juice ;-)

I still don't steep it though - it gets mixed straight into the Reo bottle and then shaken - then vaped.

I am so glad you change it to "then DIY" and not "then DIE"

Thanks, reason I asked is that the 'quarter teaspoon' isn't very scientific, lol. Might get some variation between batches if you measure different each time. A weight might be more precise. I weighed off the citric acid I made up, will try with the EM too.

While this is true in the scientific sense, I highly doubt you will ever perceive a difference between a 9/10% EM solution when using it in a juice. But if you want to be precise then go for it :rock:

It was a chilly breakfast this morning after trying the lime ice from @Silver:D, Now I just need to get my DIY juices flowing to make this awesome stuff myself.

Back