List of top Concentrate flavours

kyle_redbull

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Hi All

Would it be possible to make a sticky list of the top Concentrate flavours by their respective brands? I know it sounds hard and everyone has their own opinion but to help out us beginners on which is the best apple flavour, banana, creams, custards, tobaccos, menthol etc.

This will help me as well as many others on which brands have the best flavourings in their respective categories?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This would be practical, but many of the flavours are not specifically the best, it is just the best for that recipe. To compile a list of that magnitude would take a couple of months.

Last edited:
Perhaps it should be a list of most used concentrates for example : Sugar Cookie or Vanilla beam i see gets used alot.

For new DIY'ers, a list of most used concentrates will help alot as theyll then know whats nice etc and not just go buy what sounds nice or the picture looks good. I have done this before where the picture and the term sounds great and then ends up tasting like poop.

I love fruity recipes so i use the following alot:

TFA Kiwi
TFA Grape Candi
TFA Sweet Strawberry
TFA Dragon fruit
TFA Watermelon sweet

The fruit flavors can be used as single flavor juice or mixed together and tastes good.

Also good and what i have used in deserts etc:

Bravarian Cream
Sugar Cookie
Double Chocolate
New York Cheese Cake
Graham Cracker
Cinnamon Danish

Ah I see where you are going with this. Essentially there are plenty of basic must have / use alot concentrates (Bavarian Cream and VBIC probably the most popular). Personally I go through phases. And I am for the most part off creams, but really loving beverages and cinnamon. I also love my baked goods but cant stand any form of a cheesecake. So this comes down to personal preference.

Furthermore, I have TFA coconut which to me is horrific, but in the 1 recipe I use it in it shines. But cant seem to mix it with anything else (I even tried adapting and spinning off the recipe), But FA coconut is a dream to mix with in most cases. So there we have experience.

I think to build a flavour profile to you personal taste is going to take some time, and unfortunately money. As we are all different I can only recommend you concentrates but ultimately if you dont like it, you dont like it.

So I agree build a list of the most common ingredients used in conjunction to create a couple of recipes of different spectrums (fruit, baked, dessert, beverage, etc)

I would really add TFA Strawberry Ripe to any fruity collectors stash

Could we also list the brand of flavour I. E I only use CAP Vanilla custard, TFA Bav Cream, CAP sweat cream etc. I really feel this will help loads of people and we have some really good mixers here that can share their knowledge @Andre @rogue zombie etc

+1 on Strawberry Ripe, Forgot to add that to my list as i use it alot.

This isn't a list of the top concentrates as I don't have enough experience to judge that. However, it's a list of popular flavours that new mixers probably need if they wish to make many top recipes or create their own. If I was starting out DIY again, these are the flavours I'd get first.

Creams and Custards:
Cap Vanilla Custard v1
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap sub)
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA Vienna Cream
FA Cream Fresh
FW Sweet Cream (TFA sub)
FA Meringue (TFA sub)
FA Marshmallow (TFA or Cap sub)

Bakery bases:
Cap Sugar Cookie v2 (v1 if you can find it)
Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Cap NYC Cheesecake
TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust
TFA Graham Cracker (Clear) (FW sub)
Inw Biscuit
FA Cookie
FW Yellow Cake

Base additives:
Acetyl Pyrazine
Ethyl Maltol
Erythritol or TFA Sweetener

Fruits:
TFA Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe
Cap Sweet Strawberry
Inw Raspberry
For almost everything else, FA's fruits are the safest

Drink bases:
FA Lemon Sicily
LA Lemonade
FA Brandy
TFA Kentucky Bourbon
FA Jamaica Rum
TFA Energy Drink
FA Dark Bean Espresso
FA UP (Wayne's favourite coffee)

Chocolates:
Inw Milk Chocolate
FA Cocoa & Chocolate
TFA Double Chocolate (clear)

Caramel and Butterscotch:
FA Carmel
FW Butterscotch
FW Butterscotch Ripple
TFA Caramel Classic

Nuts:
TFA Pistachio
FA Almond
FW or FA Hazelnut
FW Butter Pecan
FA Nut Mix
TFA Peanut Butter

Tobaccos:
Too many to mention but considering that FA's Burley, Virginia and Desert Ship are used very often in cigarette blends, those are probably three essentials to have.

Odds and ends:
Breakfast cereals - TFA seem to have the market on these
Spices - FA Cardamom, Clove, Cinnamon, Anise, etc.
Yogurts - Cap Creamy and Greek
Vanillas - FA's Classic/Bourbon/Tahiti and Cap French Vanilla

Probably the easiest way to get an idea of aggregated preferences is to go to ELR, click on flavours and rank those according to the number of recipes. It will have a historical bias for TPA and CAP (because they have been around the longest) but you'll get a solid list of sterling concentrates. Here's the link: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors?sort=num_recipes&direction=desc
Problem with ELR is that some of the data is outdated

This isn't a list of the top concentrates as I don't have enough experience to judge that. However, it's a list of popular flavours that new mixers probably need if they wish to make many top recipes or create their own. If I was starting out DIY again, these are the flavours I'd get first.

Creams and Custards:
Cap Vanilla Custard v1
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap sub)
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA Vienna Cream
FA Cream Fresh
FW Sweet Cream (TFA sub)
FA Meringue (TFA sub)
FA Marshmallow (TFA or Cap sub)

Bakery bases:
Cap Sugar Cookie v2 (v1 if you can find it)
Cap Cinnamon Danish Swirl
Cap NYC Cheesecake
TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust
TFA Graham Cracker (Clear) (FW sub)
Inw Biscuit
FA Cookie
FW Yellow Cake

Base additives:
Acetyl Pyrazine
Ethyl Maltol
Erythritol or TFA Sweetener

Fruits:
TFA Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe
Cap Sweet Strawberry
Inw Raspberry
For almost everything else, FA's fruits are the safest

Drink bases:
FA Lemon Sicily
LA Lemonade
FA Brandy
TFA Kentucky Bourbon
FA Jamaica Rum
TFA Energy Drink
FA Dark Bean Espresso
FA UP (Wayne's favourite coffee)

Chocolates:
Inw Milk Chocolate
FA Cocoa & Chocolate
TFA Double Chocolate (clear)

Caramel and Butterscotch:
FA Carmel
FW Butterscotch
FW Butterscotch Ripple
TFA Caramel Classic

Nuts:
TFA Pistachio
FA Almond
FW or FA Hazelnut
FW Butter Pecan
FA Nut Mix
TFA Peanut Butter

Tobaccos:
Too many to mention but considering that FA's Burley, Virginia and Desert Ship are used very often in cigarette blends, those are probably three essentials to have.

Odds and ends:
Breakfast cereals - TFA seem to have the market on these
Spices - FA Cardamom, Clove, Cinnamon, Anise, etc.
Yogurts - Cap Creamy and Greek
Vanillas - FA's Classic/Bourbon/Tahiti and Cap French Vanilla
This is what I mean thanks @RichJB this is much appreciated. Please keep adding once it's comprehensive enough admin can make it a sticky hopefully

Thanks, @kyle_redbull. Just to reiterate, these aren't my recommendations, I haven't mixed enough to be able to recommend yet. But I do read a lot of notes, browse ELR, look at recipes from all over. And these are the flavours that keep coming up as the recommended choices, time and time again. That's not to say that, in recipe X, flavour Y won't work better than one of the flavours I listed. It will. But for someone starting to mix and wanting to narrow down the enormous range of choices available, I think these flavours will give a usable base that will make a lot of top recipes and still give scope to try your own mixes.

From my experience with starting DIY, I'm still sitting with flavours like Silly Rabbit, Bananas Foster and Hawaiian Drink which were bought for no other reason than they looked interesting. It's not that they're bad flavours, it's just that they're not used very much. The flavours I've listed are, I feel, a better and more methodical starting point than just hitting and hoping. Although if anybody wants to expand the list and add more "must have" flavours, please do. Those were just the ones that came to mind as I was typing the post.

Thanks, @kyle_redbull. Just to reiterate, these aren't my recommendations, I haven't mixed enough to be able to recommend yet. But I do read a lot of notes, browse ELR, look at recipes from all over. And these are the flavours that keep coming up as the recommended choices, time and time again. That's not to say that, in recipe X, flavour Y won't work better than one of the flavours I listed. It will. But for someone starting to mix and wanting to narrow down the enormous range of choices available, I think these flavours will give a usable base that will make a lot of top recipes and still give scope to try your own mixes.

From my experience with starting DIY, I'm still sitting with flavours like Silly Rabbit, Bananas Foster and Hawaiian Drink which were bought for no other reason than they looked interesting. It's not that they're bad flavours, it's just that they're not used very much. The flavours I've listed are, I feel, a better and more methodical starting point than just hitting and hoping. Although if anybody wants to expand the list and add more "must have" flavours, please do. Those were just the ones that came to mind as I was typing the post.
It's great help and much appreciated bud

Personal taste is just that. So my currant flavor list would have no bearing at all on what other people might like.

Remembering back to my earliest days of vaping when I started doing DIY, and very soon after finding out that there are a lot of flavors that I do not like that others do. And the period when I bought a few hundred premades, most that were hyped by other folks, and tossing almost all of them in the trash after trying them. Hyped joose to me is all to often done by folks willing to settle on them rather than learn how to make their own perfect vapes themselves. I eventually did learn how to DIY for my personal tastes instead, never looked back and also learned that my tastes can change over time to the point that once favored DIY (or premade) ADV's are no longer made or vaped. As for premades I mostly stopped buying them. However right now I know of three that I would routinely buy and vape in my daily/nightly rotations (for however long they worked well for me), and they are all three from two SA makers. I could probably make close enough to them myself, but I choose to not clone the work done by others.

My favorite flavors that I currently use are the NEF's I extract myself and those bought from specific sources. With many left over flavors on hand as well they can sometimes be used to add a new twist in other recipes I come up with. That's a door opened to you when you learn each flavor by itself to your own tastes. But now days new to me flavors/additives are only bought when I feel like I need a change to something entirely new because I have already earned my own joose happy place.

My list is ONLY the flavourings I have too order frequently :

Capella : Sugar cookie V2
Capella : Sweet strawberry
Capella : Vanilla Bean IC

Flavour West : Bavarian cream

Fa : Caramel
Fa : Cinnamon Danish
Fa : Greek yogurt
Fa : Milk chocolate
Fa : Ripe strawberry
Fa : Sweet cream
Fa : Vanilla swirls

FlavourArt : Mandarin
FlavourArt : Marshmallow
FlavourArt : Peppermint
FlavourArt : White peach
FlavourArt : Vienna cream

Perhaps it should be a list of most used concentrates for example : Sugar Cookie or Vanilla beam i see gets used alot.

For new DIY'ers, a list of most used concentrates will help alot as theyll then know whats nice etc and not just go buy what sounds nice or the picture looks good. I have done this before where the picture and the term sounds great and then ends up tasting like poop.

I love fruity recipes so i use the following alot:

TFA Kiwi
TFA Grape Candi
TFA Sweet Strawberry
TFA Dragon fruit
TFA Watermelon sweet

The fruit flavors can be used as single flavor juice or mixed together and tastes good.

Also good and what i have used in deserts etc:

Bravarian Cream
Sugar Cookie
Double Chocolate
New York Cheese Cake
Graham Cracker
Cinnamon Danish
Sorry pretty new to mixing but what is TFA? Is it flavour apprentice?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

For tobaccos, INW all the way! Very greatful to @Richio for bringing in all these awesome tobaccos lately :OMGRUNANIMIATION:

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/wiki/first_order_flavors

Newest Results:
Results from a survey /u/Eizooz conducted:

Flavoring Votes
TFA STRAWBERRY RIPE 18
CAP VANILLA CUSTARD V1 15
TFA BAVARIAN CREAM 11
TFA DRAGON FRUIT 9
TFA VANILLA SWIRL 9
FA FUJI 8
TFA VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM 8
CAP SWEET STRAWBERRY 7
LA BANANA CREAM 7
CAP NEW YORK CHEESECAKE 6
TFA STRAWBERRY 6
FA MERINGUE 5
FW YELLOW CAKE 5
TFA CHEESECAKE GRAHAM CRUST 5
TFA PEAR 5
FA COOKIE 4
FA VIENNA CREAM 4
INW BISCUIT 4
These are the flavors most recommended by fellow DIY-ers for a first order. In general they should be considered some of the tastiest, but also in most cases versatile for multi-flavor mixes. This is the result of a contest post in March 2015.

Overall Top Twenty
Mfr Flavor Votes
TFA Strawberry Ripe 44
TFA Strawberry (Original) 36
TFA Bavarian Cream 34
TFA Dragonfruit 27
CAP Sweet Strawberry 24
FA Fuji 22
TFA Vanilla Swirl 21
FA Vienna Cream 21
CAP Vanilla Custard 20
TFA Pear 19
FA Cookie 17
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 17
TFA Peach Juicy 16
TFA RY4 Double 16
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust 15
LA Banana Cream 13
TFA Sweet Cream 12
FA Cream Fresh 11
FA Meringue 11
TFA Peanut Butter 11
TFA Top 10
Mfr Flavor Votes
TFA Strawberry Ripe 44
TFA Strawberry (Original) 36
TFA Bavarian Cream 34
TFA Dragonfruit 27
TFA Vanilla Swirl 21
TFA Pear 19
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 17
TFA Peach Juicy 16
TFA RY4 Double 16
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust 15
CAP Top 9
Mfr Flavor Votes
CAP Sweet Strawberry 24
CAP Vanilla Custard 20
CAP Marshmallow 9
CAP NY Cheesecake 6
CAP Vanilla Cupcake 6
CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl 5
CAP Golden Pineapple 2
CAP Apple Pie V2 1
CAP Super Sweet (Sucralose) 1
FA Top 10
Mfr Flavor Votes
FA Fuji 22
FA Vienna Cream 21
FA Cookie 17
FA Cream Fresh 11
FA Meringue 11
FA Custard 8
FA Apple Pie 7
FA Lemon Sicily 5
FA Pear 5
FA Marshmallow 3

Those are absolutely bang on, @Andre. The only one of the Top 20 that surprises me a bit is TFA Pear. I haven't seen that used a lot, nor any Pear come to think of it. I would think that FA Marshmallow (or TFA or Cap) is a lot more useful for a first DIY order than any Pear.

Those are absolutely bang on, @Andre. The only one of the Top 20 that surprises me a bit is TFA Pear. I haven't seen that used a lot, nor any Pear come to think of it. I would think that FA Marshmallow (or TFA or Cap) is a lot more useful for a first DIY order than any Pear.
Many use Pear as a sweetener, maybe that is why.

That list shows the dominant trend of mostly sweet, strawberry based juices that everyone keeps going gaga over. Which is fine if you want to make any strawberry cream/cheesecake juice, but if you want more out of DIY you're going to have to cast a wider net.

I would think that FA Marshmallow (or TFA or Cap) is a lot more useful for a first DIY order than any Pear.

This list was made last year when most people only used TFA, folks have been slow to take up on the awesomeness that is FA.

Back