Locals ONLY Recipes

Hey brother , dont sweat it. Vapers are like sport supporters. If you not on our team then you the enemy :-D

I think @RichJB explained the dilemma of using local flavours best.
But thank you for posting your findings @Spyro , and you right in your quote above "use it, dont use it"

Have a power week everyone.
I took a look through the suggested website, and I see no mention of flavours concentrates being suspended in CT or PG. They also look like they cater mostly for the food and beverage industry, and minimum order quantity is 1kg.

Most of the DIYer's order flavours in small quantities of less than 100ml if I'm not mistaken.

As a noob, and after doing a little bit of research, I was under the assumption that we should only use flavours that are mixed into VG or PG bases?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L using Tapatalk

Anyone else had any luck with The Flavour Mill concentrates?
I've been having some fun with them, they're pretty strong and there isn't much info or recipes except from the lovely people here, but part of the fun is figuring it all out.
Been busy with a few recipes but they are all a work in progress, I'd be happy to share if you want to test them.

I've been having some fun with them, they're pretty strong and there isn't much info or recipes except from the lovely people here, but part of the fun is figuring it all out.
Been busy with a few recipes but they are all a work in progress, I'd be happy to share if you want to test them.
That would be great thanks. I'm very close to accepting defeat.

Monkey Snack
Banana @ 1%
Cream @ 1%
Peanut Butter @ 1.5%

I forgot to mention before that I like to steep 1 week minimum, and use a 70/30 base.

Strawberry Milk Cereal
Cerelac @ 1%
Condensedmilk @ 0.5%
Cream @ 2%
Custard @ 1%
Strawberry Milk @ 1.5%
Sweet Strawberry @ 1.5%

Might need more cerelac, but I am waiting for my current batch to steep before I decide.

Perfect thank you. I see I'm kind of on the right path. TFM must be highly concentrated so I'll have to drop the percentages down more. The fruit flavours seems to work at around 2-3%, but need atleast a weeks steep.

OK so I've been playing with TFM and it's save to say that I can see the light in the en of the tunnel.
A simple mix we mixed up that my wife thoroughly enjoys:
2.5% TFM Chocolate
2.5% TFM Ice cream

Mixed in a 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nicotine steeped for 2 weeks.

Some of the fruit flavours seems to pop the longer they steep.
My personal favorite.
Litchi at 3% same base as above. Minimum 2 days steep. This is currently my go to ADV.

Just another quick recipe I discovered by accident that seems to work like a charm.

1.5% TFM Apricot
1.5% TFM Peach

70/30 PG/VG 3mg Nicotine. Steeped a week.

And then there is the surprising stand alone flavor that I just love.

3% TFM Banana

Same base as above. You can add some sweetener but I like is as is.
Tastes like those soft banana marshmallow sweets. Steep at least 3 days.

Wow, been a while since anyone posted here!
Currently I'm loving a mix of TFM concentrates that I used to make a Strawberry Cheesecake recipe, and think some others would like to try it out. Concentrates can be subbed with flavours from Flavourworld and Clyrolinx, I think, however I used flavours from The Flavour Mill.

Strawberry Cheesecake
Cheesecake @ 2%
Shortbread @ 2%
Strawberry @ 2%
Vanilla Gold @ 1%

I added a couple drops of AP, but this is not necessary. This recipe is awesome tasting and I have been chain-vaping it non-stop. Hope someone else finds it as tasty as I did. :D

It's a pity that the good local amateur mixers haven't spent much time on experimenting with local concentrates. I can understand why this is the case. There are thousands of recipes and flavour notes available for international concentrates. With SA concentrates you are starting with a clean slate. It's a daunting task.

I say that it's a pity mainly because of the cost of vaping for the majority of SA smokers.

Try telling a financially challenged smoker that he/she must pay R 240 for 60ml of juice. They would do a quick calculation of how many packs of cigarettes they could buy, at pre lockdown black market prices, and then run a mile.

There are two SA flavours which I use regularly. Caramel popcorn as a single flavour, and Wicks in a Steri Stumpie recipe.

It's a pity that the good local amateur mixers haven't spent much time on experimenting with local concentrates. I can understand why this is the case. There are thousands of recipes and flavour notes available for international concentrates. With SA concentrates you are starting with a clean slate. It's a daunting task.

I say that it's a pity mainly because of the cost of vaping for the majority of SA smokers.

Try telling a financially challenged smoker that he/she must pay R 240 for 60ml of juice. They would do a quick calculation of how many packs of cigarettes they could buy, at pre lockdown black market prices, and then run a mile.

There are two SA flavours which I use regularly. Caramel popcorn as a single flavour, and Wicks in a Steri Stumpie recipe.
Those flavours are good, especially the bubblegum, use that on it's own quite often.

It would be nice if more people put their recipes on ELR. I don't have too many local only recipes, but I've made successful recipes mixing our local concentrates with international ones. For example:
Strawnana Custard
Banana Cream (TPA) @ 4%
Strawberry Ripe (TPA) @ 4%
Strawberry (TFM) @ 1.5%
Vanilla Moirs (TFM) @ 2.5%

Vanilla Moirs makes a good substitute for CAP's Vanilla Custard. TFM's Strawberry flavours are tasty and so are their tobacco and coffee flavours. I will try and put as many recipes on ELR as possible, our local concentrates are affordable and worth investing in, just need to make sure there are enough recipes for people to find them worth buying the flavours.

Perhaps it would be better to post them here as all other international DIYers won't be able to get SA concentrates.
I'll keep posting them on ELR, it's very useful for keeping track of my recipes, and if more South Africans began using it then it would be a great resource for finding recipes.

I am so excited to have found this thread. I recently discovered the CLY flavours and have a shopping cart full of ones I want to try, glad to see they are supported here, definitely going to proceed to checkout now. Some great recipes posted here that I want to try. I love this forum!

I am so excited to have found this thread. I recently discovered the CLY flavours and have a shopping cart full of ones I want to try, glad to see they are supported here, definitely going to proceed to checkout now. Some great recipes posted here that I want to try. I love this forum!

I found a few CLY flavours which I liked. This was some time ago when Cly opened. My problem is that I am lazy so I only make juice from other peoples' published recipes. My laziness stopped me from exploring Cly flavours.

I hope that you have good luck with them. If you find any good recipes please publish them so that I can steal them from you.

If I had to decide to try basically every flavour should I go with TFM or CLY?
I personally use TFM, but I think their and CLY concentrates are the same, sourced from local suppliers, so recipes for one will work for the other. I've used CLY recipes with TFM concentrates and it worked out fine.

I found a few CLY flavours which I liked. This was some time ago when Cly opened. My problem is that I am lazy so I only make juice from other peoples' published recipes. My laziness stopped me from exploring Cly flavours.

I hope that you have good luck with them. If you find any good recipes please publish them so that I can steal them from you.
What flavour vapes do you prefer?

The only SA flavours I still use are Wicks and Caramel popcorn.
Hmm, not much experimenting to do with those two flavours. Tried making a strawberry gum once, but it didn't taste as good as the bubblegum flavour on its own. Clyrolinx had a good recipe that used the popcorn concentrate, have you tried it?

Caramel Chococino
Caramel Popcorn @ 1%
Cocoa @ 2.5%
Espresso @ 1%
Ice Cream @ 2%

Back