Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CLICKS STORES VACCINATION SITES

We have just received word that Clicks stores will no longer be participating in the Covid19 vaccination program and as such will no longer be offering covid19 vaccines or boosters.
YES, I understand that many of you will be disappointed about this, especially in light of the booster rollout on Monday 30 January 2023.
BUT covid19 vaccinations now form part of our normal healthcare program (as they should) and as such the vaccines are available at our local clinics and most hospitals. The clinics all have separate queues for the covid vaccines and so it is normally quick and easy - and the vast majority of our clinics are absolutely amazing! The more we make use of our services the better they will be!
We were spoilt with having so many private sites at the start of the vaccination rollout - but it is simply not feasible for private sites to continue with licensing costs, volunteers. hiring of space etc.
While it is disappointing that Clicks are no longer involved in the program, we have other options - good options. A huge thank you to Clicks for their efforts and all their hard work over the last two years in getting thousands and thousands of South Africans vaccinated. We are grateful!

I received an SMS today with my code for this additional booster. I've had two boosters so far and I'll most certainly get another.

I received an SMS today with my code for this additional booster. I've had two boosters so far and I'll most certainly get another.
SNAP ... Where does one go tho'?

Dear xxxxxxx, as you have completed all scheduled doses and its more than 180 days since your last vaccination you qualify for another booster vaccination. Your vaccine code is xx-xxx-xxxxxxxx. Please bring this code and your ID/passport to the vaccination site to get vaccinated.

Completely unrelated to Covid. But an interesting article nonetheless.

By now most people have seen or heard of the series/game "The Last of us". Here's some fact/fiction about the science of the show.

Oh by the way - had my 3rd booster about 2 weeks ago. Felt a bit flu-ish 2 days thereafter but nothing more than that.

Very poor turnout of people - I guess people are tired of the whole thing.

Oh by the way - had my 3rd booster about 2 weeks ago. Felt a bit flu-ish 2 days thereafter but nothing more than that.

Very poor turnout of people - I guess people are tired of the whole thing.
333612038_508172578187581_8127005446111141291_n.jpg
333612038_508172578187581_8127005446111141291_n.jpg

Last edited:
3 years (and 1 day) ago. Feels like a lifetime since the first family meeting.

Back