Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how have you been ?
Living the dream lol. Im on furlough pay, even though my work has shut down to the public. Golfers not even allowed on the golf course. So I'm bunked down with a friend and playing Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox One.

So let's be honest, there are days when I feel like I could have been more constructive but with a limited budget it's nearly impossible to work on any projects.

How have you been doing @vicTor ?

Living the dream lol. Im on furlough pay, even though my work has shut down to the public. Golfers not even allowed on the golf course. So I'm bunked down with a friend and playing Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox One.

So let's be honest, there are days when I feel like I could have been more constructive but with a limited budget it's nearly impossible to work on any projects.

How have you been doing @vicTor ?

glad you popped in, you still vaping ?

I'm ok, just frustrated, unemployed in a pandemic isn't fun, but have to wait and see where things land, letting the Universe decide

I wonder if we're allowed to drive around? My doggie loves going for a drive, so what harm is there in my going for a drive around town?
Harm? Yes from spreading covid? Nah, You will have to explain to the army why you aren't performing essential services or getting essential supplies. they check your vehicle to see if you travel too much. This isnt as much about this paper tiger sars-cov2. They look like they want to increase their authoritarian grip on the nation in this time aswell. Look at the curfew, Whats that all about

[QUOTE="Novo Boy, post: 838452, member: 15604"[/QUOTE]
Dudes please move this to private. You don't want to get into trouble.

Edit: if dudes moved it im not going to keep the names up

Last edited:
Once again they're confusing vaping with smoking. They even refer to toxins in e-cigarettes and mention Vitamin E acetate.
Smokers would most certainly be more vulnerable to the virus, but not vapers per se, provided their lungs are in pretty good condition.

I've been vaping exclusively for about 4 years now and a month or two ago my oxygen levels in the blood were tested (just as part of an annual medical, though I've never had that done before). My oxygen saturation level is 99% so I guess my lungs are OK!

I would think that anyone who has been vaping for at leat a year should have healthy lungs by now, unless they have an underlying condition e.g. asthma. However, dual-users (those who smoke and vape) and those who have recently switched to vaping would unfortunately not have an advantage.

In China smoking is a national sport. In my 6 years of living there, I never met a man who didn't smoke. Even in a taxi in winter, both the taxi driver and the passengers smoke! So it's not surprising that so many people fell ill.

with that 99, How heavily do you vape? I chug all day - specially now i am at home all day.

Am I seeing right that hardware can trade, so I can get gas for heating, putty to fix my windows that are leaking because the old dry stuff is falling out, and something to fix the cracks on my storeroom before the dogs can use them as an entry and exit point, and yes, I can see daylight and grass while in there through them, so it’s going to collapse at one stage if not treated soon, or am I reading it wrong? May need some rebar and sheets just to be sure.

I can relate to this @Dela Rey Steyn

I find things i hoard and then say to myself, i havent used it in like 2 years and probably won't - so I agree with @JurgensSt sentiments - but then a thought comes into my mind - "What if..."

And then I get into trouble with my wife because she cannot believe I keep all these things for "in case".

Crazy - I know - and the problem is the stuff builds up and one puts off the purge - until one day its a BIG job...

Lol
My friends love purge day (i think). Free vapegear and juice... Damn id like it too...

Day 33, 19:30
I’m always puzzled by people who call meetings for more than 1 hour and expect it to be productive(or maybe not)... especially when most of it could’ve been put in a simple email. We come from different schools and backgrounds, I guess.

Story of my life
6 to 7 hour teams and zoom meetings every day.
And we still need to turn out 8 hours of work somehow.

It's starting to feel like people are having meetings just to try and remain or appear relevant.

Was looking for some elastic to make some masks in anticipation of Friday, got to a plastic store, out of desperation hoping they will have, thought let me pick up a couple of lunch tin type containers to freeze leftovers as per instructions from the Silver Falcon, not a essential item, can’t buy, but I can buy a whisk and knives and melamine plates, but not normal ceramic ones, logic defies. Maybe after Friday, but means another excursion out to face the crowds, so up at 6 and start at first one at 7 to beat the rush.

Story of my life

It's starting to feel like people are having meetings just to try and remain or appear relevant.
If you look closely, when you get a moment, you will notice that most meetings are called by those seeking an alternative to doing actual work.

Regards

Was looking for some elastic to make some masks in anticipation of Friday, got to a plastic store, out of desperation hoping they will have, thought let me pick up a couple of lunch tin type containers to freeze leftovers as per instructions from the Silver Falcon, not a essential item, can’t buy, but I can buy a whisk and knives and melamine plates, but not normal ceramic ones, logic defies. Maybe after Friday, but means another excursion out to face the crowds, so up at 6 and start at first one at 7 to beat the rush.
A scarf will do until you get a decent cloth mask.

That masks for all campaign thing said you should make masks from old t-shirts or jeans. Maybe try that?

Story of my life

Well my second bloody meeting of the day was on Zoom, a meeting for which hell knows why I was invited. Logged in, mute the sound and continued with my work :D

Well my second bloody meeting of the day was on Zoom, a meeting for which hell knows why I was invited. Logged in, mute the sound and continued with my work :D

We have people that essentially do roll calls in the middle of the meeting. Like they will ask an irrelevant question and ask every person to answer.

Sadly I can't use disconnected as an excuse. We have been told if we aren't online and logged into network for the entire business day then leave will be used to offset those hours. And if you run out of leave then go unpaid.

I dunno anymore. Feel like digging a hole in the yard and going to sleep in it. The despondency is taking over slowly but surely.

Double the trouble, double the fun,
Our life with twins, has just begun!
Allah has blessed us with two baby girls !!
2e57c367c23285d60f41bf5fd56fa609.jpg

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Am I seeing right that hardware can trade, so I can get gas for heating, putty to fix my windows that are leaking because the old dry stuff is falling out, and something to fix the cracks on my storeroom before the dogs can use them as an entry and exit point, and yes, I can see daylight and grass while in there through them, so it’s going to collapse at one stage if not treated soon, or am I reading it wrong? May need some rebar and sheets just to be sure.

Theysaid so initially, but it seems they changed it.
But pick n pay should sell putty and other stuff.
Also when you do fix your windows. Re fit with silicone. Wait about 30mins and putty the outside. That way when the putty fails the window pane is still fixed and waterproof.

Back