Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's irritating me the most is how everyone gauges this situation by death; "we would have eight times more death", "there's only a 2% chance of dying" etc etc ad nauseam.

We are already seeing an inflammatory syndrome in children caused by SARS-COV-2, effecting their organs, but "young healthy people are fine". There are even cases where people (healthy and fit) have developed diabetes from SARS-COV-2 due to the organ damage (this is how I also developed diabetes albeit a different virus). Ventilators are becoming more and more of a reason for death in places too (so do you want to go to the hospital and possibly get the wrong treatment?). I've also had arthritis and several other syndromes since I was twelve from another virus, I'm alive and my life could be worse, but my life could be a lot different too. Death should not be the way you express your maxim.

Yes we need the economy moving again, and yes the government is fumbling but please can everyone stop using mortality rate as an argument, there are layers here, viruses do other things to you.

Humans are brain dead, and that's all this situation has shown me, incapable of looking at parts in system and only at extremes.

No brother. Check that video again. The child held onto his mother when he felt a threat heading his way. Same as any other person.(I'm not saying child.) The officer wanted to take the child from her and she didn't want to let him go and he was never going to let them take his mother.
Any child will do that and a mother will do the same to keep her child safe if he feels threatened and there isn't a threat.
That's normal maternal instinct and that's why children normally get to go with a mother during devorce.
Some men have that instinct too ,but it doesn't come naturally to men. He would go fight to protect the child and leave the child unnattend while doing so while a mother would normally throw herself under the bus hoping hoping her body will protect the child.(all subconsciously)

In all fairness wtf takes their kid with them to protest?

Bro. Victor was there it was peacefull protest.they didn't want him to take the child. He even asked. Check last 5 minutes.
Point is were arguing a point, but if we weren't in a similar situation with or without protesting why are we arguing that point.
Muizenberg police behavior this is tell you!

What's irritating me the most is how everyone gauges this situation by death; "we would have eight times more death", "there's only a 2% chance of dying" etc etc ad nauseam.

We are already seeing an inflammatory syndrome in children caused by SARS-COV-2, effecting their organs, but "young healthy people are fine". There are even cases where people (healthy and fit) have developed diabetes from SARS-COV-2 due to the organ damage (this is how I also developed diabetes albeit a different virus). Ventilators are becoming more and more of a reason for death in places too (so do you want to go to the hospital and possibly get the wrong treatment?). I've also had arthritis and several other syndromes since I was twelve from another virus, I'm alive and my life could be worse, but my life could be a lot different too. Death should not be the way you express your maxim.

Yes we need the economy moving again, and yes the government is fumbling but please can everyone stop using mortality rate as an argument, there are layers here, viruses do other things to you.

Humans are brain dead, and that's all this situation has shown me, incapable of looking at parts in system and only at extremes.

Ok. We really need a politics thread now!

On that topic.healthy people are dying and they said don't worry, the death rate is low.
The economy is suffering, and we want what we want.
Politics bro, politics thread.

"Social distancing" redefined:

Trying to understand the context of what happened here, even read the summary on the original YT vid as well as some of the comments but stopped when i realized i wouldn't figure enough out to make an informed opinion of that exact incident.

Let me prepare to be slaughtered by asking:
  • Why was there a protest/ external activity or gathering (there is more than one person in that vid with that yellow bib with text on it_ ?
  • what was it about ? This is a half/ tail end video which doesn't show any of the preceding events that lead to the start of this clip (there are comments on the original YT vid but who knows whats true and whats not). the video makes it look like the lady is just being arrested at that point - was she asked to move and did she refuse? was she informed she is possibly breaking a law and did she refuse to back down?
  • in the current context of a city under lockdown (this looks like NSW based on the original VID summary), is a protest/ external activity as such allowed?
  • Is it responsible as a parent to take your child to a protest - irrespective of whether there is a lockdown or not?
  • Does it not set a precedent (assuming the "protest" is currently a violation of laws/ regulations if police just let it be/ let it go (Beatles and Princess Elsa singing here even)
  • If the gathering/ protest was legal - most of my questions above are invalid, other than why would a parent take their kid to a protest?
  • Assuming it was "legal" ,I liken this to what happened in Ballito the other day (that video did the rounds) and ask with an open mind, would the police or enforcement officers have been there in the first place had the parents just followed the law and not been on the beach with their children?
  • As much as i despise most of these lockdown rules/ regulations/ laws / whatever they are called, they are mostly gazetted and are legally enforceable - if someone wants to go to the beach at 11am (or even to the beach at all), launch a court challenge, win your case, then go to the beach. Until such time, its pretty hard to get anything more than empathy in most cases.
  • I feel sorry for that child and nobody else there - they have been exposed by their parent, and exposed to fairly rough handling by the police (which in a way could have been avoided by either them not being at a protest or whatever it was, or the police being more gentle < and that again runs the risk of setting a bad precedent - if we know we just get a slap on the wrist for going to the beach, heck lets all go to the beach, nothing much will happen>)

Exactly man! I feel so bad for the little boy and the police could have handled it way better. But the mom must have known that she may get trouble doing what she did and still knowingly brought her child along. Really sad

Bro. Victor was there it was peacefull protest.they didn't want him to take the child. He even asked. Check last 5 minutes.
Point is were arguing a point, but if we weren't in a similar situation with or without protesting why are we arguing that point.
Muizenberg police behavior this is tell you!

It's irrelevant whether it's peaceful or not, and I'm certainly not saying the police where right or wrong, but my question still stands, who takes their child to a protest? It's irresponsible, it would be great if we lived in a society where people could picket and complain without recourse, but there is the inherent danger of something happening.

Also to just reply to your other comment, I literally said the government has fumbled and we need to open up the economy, my point was that people still don't get that this situation is beyond "me and we, and whether we feel safe dying or not", same people will literally be begging for medical attention when they on death's door or moaning about how life isn't fair when they are shooting their kids up with insulin or heart medication as a side effect from infection.

Maybe I miss something. Did the mother go and protest during a lockdown with her kid? Why take the kid with? Who created the situation?

Maybe I miss something. Did the mother go and protest during a lockdown with her kid? Why take the kid with? Who created the situation?

That's what some of the original video comments seem to allude to.
There was a protest. Which is illegal. Under lockdown.
The cops informed her for quite a while before it escalated into this. She resisted and refused to back down.

But again. Take with a pinch of salt (and tequila please if anyone has some), the internet is full of lies as well.

I looked at this and see the guy who drives in the fast lane at 60, with his kids standing on the back seat with no seat belts, then complains when he is pulled over by the cops.

Trying to understand the context of what happened here, even read the summary on the original YT vid as well as some of the comments but stopped when i realized i wouldn't figure enough out to make an informed opinion of that exact incident.

Let me prepare to be slaughtered by asking:
  • Why was there a protest/ external activity or gathering (there is more than one person in that vid with that yellow bib with text on it_ ?
  • what was it about ? This is a half/ tail end video which doesn't show any of the preceding events that lead to the start of this clip (there are comments on the original YT vid but who knows whats true and whats not). the video makes it look like the lady is just being arrested at that point - was she asked to move and did she refuse? was she informed she is possibly breaking a law and did she refuse to back down?
  • in the current context of a city under lockdown (this looks like NSW based on the original VID summary), is a protest/ external activity as such allowed?
  • Is it responsible as a parent to take your child to a protest - irrespective of whether there is a lockdown or not?
  • Does it not set a precedent (assuming the "protest" is currently a violation of laws/ regulations if police just let it be/ let it go (Beatles and Princess Elsa singing here even)
  • If the gathering/ protest was legal - most of my questions above are invalid, other than why would a parent take their kid to a protest?
  • Assuming it was "legal" ,I liken this to what happened in Ballito the other day (that video did the rounds) and ask with an open mind, would the police or enforcement officers have been there in the first place had the parents just followed the law and not been on the beach with their children?
  • As much as i despise most of these lockdown rules/ regulations/ laws / whatever they are called, they are mostly gazetted and are legally enforceable - if someone wants to go to the beach at 11am (or even to the beach at all), launch a court challenge, win your case, then go to the beach. Until such time, its pretty hard to get anything more than empathy in most cases.
  • I feel sorry for that child and nobody else there - they have been exposed by their parent, and exposed to fairly rough handling by the police (which in a way could have been avoided by either them not being at a protest or whatever it was, or the police being more gentle < and that again runs the risk of setting a bad precedent - if we know we just get a slap on the wrist for going to the beach, heck lets all go to the beach, nothing much will happen>)

My only point was to show, how the police (without any protective gear and/or 'distancing") handling the arrest of the woman for allegedly breaking "social distancing".
It's only second half of the video, because it was the only one I've found without some commentary. Anyway in the first half they are only talking (lady didn't attack anyone). Location is irrelevant, things like that are happening all over the globe.

All of your questions are perfectly valid, but if I answer all of them honestly, some of the prominent forum members would be so far up my a$$, you could easily take a group portrait every time I yawn.

What the police did was wrong, but this is the worst mother you can get. She is a coward, she took her kid with to the protest as " protection" Any trauma this kid experience is all on the mother's hands. She put him in the situation and people like that should not be allowed to have kids, what a coward of a mother

No 1. still no politics thread.
2. all your questions answered in your own posts.
I will mediate. And if there's enough comments we open a politics thread.
3. This isn't Muizenberg that was a joke. This is in a country where I don't know the laws .
4 don't fight chill it's lockdown don't get upset.
5 I signed a petition to have the vapestore open during lockdown knowing I didn't work and won't get paid. I'm not petty like that. My point was that others complain about not being able to purchase Nic or concentrates while others actually worry how they going to put bread on the table. If they can't get it they get a hissy fit. And now I am not referring to anyone in particular I'm talking in general . Someone joined the forum to complain about a vendor and I'm like thinking bro, do you even vape? ( Not anyone in particular, still generally speaking) do I say something and make kakas or say nothing.
So don't stress I mean no harm and no foul, I just say stuff irrelevant to any given situation and relevant to the ones that count.
:manifa:

No 1. still no politics thread.
2. all your questions answered in your own posts.
I will mediate. And if there's enough comments we open a politics thread.
3. This isn't Muizenberg that was a joke. This is in a country where I don't know the laws .
4 don't fight chill it's lockdown don't get upset.
5 I signed a petition to have the vapestore open during lockdown knowing I didn't work and won't get paid. I'm not petty like that. My point was that others complain about not being able to purchase Nic or concentrates while others actually worry how they going to put bread on the table. If they can't get it they get a hissy fit. And now I am not referring to anyone in particular I'm talking in general . Someone joined the forum to complain about a vendor and I'm like thinking bro, do you even vape? ( Not anyone in particular, still generally speaking) do I say something and make kakas or say nothing.
So don't stress I mean no harm and no foul, I just say stuff irrelevant to any given situation and relevant to the ones that count.
:manifa:

Will somebody, anybody, please give this man ( @Resistance ) a "politics thread"?:)

There's worse things being done by mother's all around the world. What this woman did was peaceful. The police escalated it. Because Muizenberg police learn from the best.!!Whoo Whoo!!

Just saw this at Takealot.com

We're back!
We've opened our platform to allow orders and deliveries of all goods*,
as authorised by the South African Government.

*Excluding tobacco and liquor products.*

I looked at this and see the guy who drives in the fast lane at 60, with his kids standing on the back seat with no seat belts, then complains when he is pulled over by the cops.
I was the guy who took his sister to school and fetched her afterwords. A cop pulled me off successfully one day, because according to him he timed me for over two years.
He checked the car and eventually gave me a seatbelt fine. After I took it off when he came closer.
The sad part wasn't any of these. It was he lived close to a friend of mine and felt he needed to tell me this and charge me for the info. So basically he was curious ,but didn't want to make a fool of himself by approaching me because the car was super. Sedan old school.

Back