Loco Flavours Beta Testing - Valley Vapour

Dinxster

Worker-bee at Valley Vapour
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
We’re thinking about stocking a locally produced range of concentrates we’ve named Loco Flavours. They're all diacetyl, acetoin and acetyl propionyl free and use a PG base.

In order to find out whether the range of flavours is enjoyed by the local DIY community and is worth keeping, we’re rolling out a beta testing program, and who better to help us than our local DIYers themselves.

If you’ve been mixing your own juices for a while now, we’d really value your opinion on using these flavours. That being said, if you’d like to test a couple of the flavours, just let us know which of the 37 Loco Flavours you’d like to play around with, and we’ll send them to you on the house. All we ask is that you post your findings in this thread. We’d like to know what you’ve found with regards to:

· Recommended percentage range
· Flavour description
· Rating out of 5
· Whether or not you’d recommend the flavour to a friend

Flavour range:

1. Amarula
2. Apple
3. Blueberry
4. Brandy
5. Brown sugar
6. Butterscotch
7. Cheesecake
8. Cherry
9. Condensed milk
10. Cookies & cream
11. Cream
12. Creme soda
13. Coffee
14. Custard
15. Grape
16. Guava
17. Honey
18. Ice-cream
19. Kiwi
20. Litchi
21. Malva pudding
22. Mango
23. Maple
24. Marshmallow
25. Milk
26. Milk tart
27. Mint
28. Passion fruit
29. Peach
30. Raspberry
31. Rose
32. Rum
33. Shortbread
34. Strawberries & cream
35. Strawberry
36. Strawberry milk
37. Vanilla

Become a beta tester:

If you’d like to be a beta tester, drop us an email at locobeta@valleyvapour.co.za, with the following information:

· Real name
· Forum nick
· How long you’ve been DIYing for
· Delivery address
· Contact number
· List of requested flavours (up to 10 flavours)

We have a limited amount of beta testing stock, so let us know as soon as possible if you’d be interested in taking part.

Loco_Flavours - Copy.png

*UPDATE (11-10-16)*

We have now closed our call for beta testers.

Last edited:
We’re thinking about stocking a locally produced range of concentrates we’ve named Loco Flavours. They're all diacetyl, acetoin and acetyl propionyl free and use a PG base.

Just to clarify - you are not producing these - you are merely stocking them, ie someone else produces it?
The list of flavours look very familiar...? Especially the Malva...?

Just to clarify - you are not producing these - you are merely stocking them, ie someone else produces it?
The list of flavours look very familiar...? Especially the Malva...?
...to those of Clyrolinx?

Yip, these are re-branded, locally produced concentrates. To be honest, we don't know who supplies Clyrolinx. It'll be interesting to find out if it is the same. Bring on the beta testing!

Yip, these are re-branded, locally produced concentrates. To be honest, we don't know who supplies Clyrolinx. It'll be interesting to find out if it is the same. Bring on the beta testing!

Clyrolinx develops and manufactures (at a lab) their own range of concentrates. If these are uniquely yours, I'll give it a go!

@Rude Rudi, I would guess it's a different range. Even though the vast majority of their flavours are the same names as Clyrolinx flavours, Cly doesn't produce a Rum nor a plain Vanilla. Cly's Vanillas are called Vanilla Gold, Moir's and Toffee. As I said in the Jungle Flavors thread, it does create a bit of confusion when generic flavour names are used. I'm not sure how they could get around it, though.

@Rude Rudi, I would guess it's a different range. Even though the vast majority of their flavours are the same names as Clyrolinx flavours, Cly doesn't produce a Rum nor a plain Vanilla. Cly's Vanillas are called Vanilla Gold, Moir's and Toffee. As I said in the Jungle Flavors thread, it does create a bit of confusion when generic flavour names are used. I'm not sure how they could get around it, though.

Gotcha - yes, the more options, the better (sort-of). The fear is that there might be host of local concentrates (for the sake of it) with no differentiation.
Lets give them the benefit and give it a go! To coin a phrase: Local is Lekker.

All the best!

@Dinxster any timeframe as to when we can expect it to be delivered?
Hey! We're hoping to get all the beta testing orders out in one shot, so as soon as we're happy that the stream of applicants has come to halt we'll be sending the samples out. Eeek - sorry, not exactly sure when that'll be.

A huge thank you to everyone who has offered to beta test the Loco Flavours range for us!

We've now closed our call for beta testers.

All Beta Tester Sample Packs have been sent off and should arrive in your clutches today.

Looking forward to your feedback posted in this thread regarding:

· Flavour description
· Rating out of 5

A huge thank you to everyone who has offered to beta test the Loco Flavours range for us!

We've now closed our call for beta testers.

All Beta Tester Sample Packs have been sent off and should arrive in your clutches today.

Looking forward to your feedback posted in this thread regarding:

· Flavour description
· Rating out of 5

@Dinxster Received them this morning, thank you.
Had a quick sniff and they smell really good and strong (with the exception of passion fruit which smelt like ass), I suspect percentages will be low. The coffee has a fantastic smell, that with hazelnut and Vienna cream is gonna pop, but that's for later first to try them all as single flavours.

Back