Loco Flavours Beta Testing - Valley Vapour

I fear some may confuse that with LorAnn. Loc maybe?
LorAnn is "LA", all capitals. Should not be confused, but I am good to go with "Loc" too - just like it as short as possible. Let us hear what others think.

LorAnn is "LA", all capitals. Should not be confused, but I am good to go with "Loc" too - just like it as short as possible. Let us hear what others think.

Surely 'Loco' isn't too bad? Its only 4 letters and only takes a fraction of a second to type the second 'o'.

I personally don't think it needs any shorting.

Loco Creme Soda

Mixed at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic
Tested on a Troll 2 RDA, 0.24 Ohms, 50W

Notes:

I was very excited to try this after all the rave reviews! The flavour is unmistakably Creme Soda on all levels - it just needs to be green to tick the visual box! The taste is reminiscent of the creme soda Steri Stumpi - it is beautifully smooth and well balanced. At 6%, I detected a slight soapy taste and hope that this dissipates with a couple of days of steeping. This will work very well in a Float recipe as well as a nice creamy base with Bavarian cream perhaps... If you want an authentic, South African Creme Soda taste - look no further. This is by far the best CS flavour available - period.

Recommend to a friend: Yebo

Rating: 4.9/5

Loco Mint

Mixed at 5% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic

Notes:

I am not the greatest mint/menthol fan and approached this baby with a bit of trepidation... I went high (5%) to be able to get the full "effect" of the flavour without it just being in the background, where I suspect it will find itself. The taste clean, minty & fresh. Like a decent after dinner mint - not the cheap substitutes restaurants try and push these days. The taste is not like fresh mint but rather the mint we have become accustomed to in menthol type vapes and analogues over the years.
On nasal exhale I found the minty "burn" to be very similar to good old Craven A - in a good way.
This is a solid mint which will tease the anti-mint/mentol DIY'ers into experimenting with this versatile staple...

Rating: 4.8/5

Loco Litchi

Notes:

This litchi holds no bars - it announces itself rather aggressively and leaves a bit for you to think about after it leaves. The flavour is that of very ripe litchi and I suspect the % has something to do with it - perhaps drop it to 4...? If you give this to 100 people, I am sure that 99.9 will be able to tell you that this is litchi - it has that familiar litchi taste and smell, albeit slightly artificial - as per the litchi juice form the Mugg. I picked up a slight perfumy taste in the middle as well as bit of rose...? I think this will mellow out with a steep. This will be a lovely single mix with a splash of mint.

Rating: 4/5

Loco Kiwi

Notes:

If you're looking for fresh, ripe, authentic kiwi fruit flavour, this is not it. This is more of a candied kiwi with notes of sweet and sour - more sweet than sour though. As kiwi has such a unique and subtle flavour, I suspect that it is very difficult to replicate, hence the candied route here. This will marry a treat with watermelon and similar "juicy" fruits but, alas, it does not have enough legs to stand alone.
Good candied kiwi - perhaps change the name to reflect this?

Recommend to a friend: Candied Yes. Fresh No

Rating: 3/5

Loco Guava

Notes:

Holy mother of (insert religious deity here) is this stuff the bomb!!! This is like drinking a jug of guava juice from the hotel breakfast buffet in one go... The clever people with white coats and funny glasses hit this one out the park and need not change a single thing here. Think of any description of guava and you will find it in here...from the pips to the skin and the beautiful pink, plump flesh (easy boy), to the slight graininess prevalent in fresh guava juice.

This, ladies and gentleman, is guava. You can stop looking around for international, "premium" versions. Local is lekker...

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely!

Rating: 10/5

Loco Raspberry

Notes:

If your're after a sweet raspberry flavour, look no further. This is a potent sweet raspberry which will add a delicious sweet (and slightly sour) berry flavour note to any berry type mix. The mouth-feel is that of the little raspberry sweets I enjoyed as a child - the ones in the tin, dusted with icing sugar. This is very moreish and I will be able to finish a 30ml of this stuff in a day! Towards the end of the taste test, I got the taste of a Raspberry/Red slush puppy - nice and sweet to the last drop!
This will be stunning in a cheesecake recipe - #strawberrymustfall

Rating: 5/5

Loco Mango

Notes:

This is mango all-right - pip and all!! The mango here is that of a ripe, sweet mango just like the mango juice from your favourite breakfast joint - not the cheap ass mango juice you get when you donate blood... This "ripeness" of the mango in here may be too much for some so I would recommend a lower % to start with - perhaps 4 or so. This is a fantastic in the Mike's Melons and Buddha recipes!
I did however pick up a slight soapy taste but think it will disappear with a nice steep.

Rating: 4/5

Loco Rose

Notes:

This is a delicate rose flavour made for the discerning mixologist! It has beautiful floral notes with just enough sweetness to enable it to be good enough as a standalone. This off course is the best part of a Turkish Delight recipe and I already mixed one after my first sniff of this!! This wont be for everyone and can easily overpower a mix. Add this sparingly, perhaps with a bit of lemonade or champagne for a delicious summer vape!

Loco Guava

Notes:

Holy mother of (insert religious deity here) is this stuff the bomb!!! This is like drinking a jug of guava juice from the hotel breakfast buffet in one go... The clever people with white coats and funny glasses hit this one out the park and need not change a single thing here. Think of any description of guava and you will find it in here...from the pips to the skin and the beautiful pink, plump flesh (easy boy), to the slight graininess prevalent in fresh guava juice.

This, ladies and gentleman, is guava. You can stop looking around for international, "premium" versions. Local is lekker...

Rating: 10/5

10 out of 5
This sounds great!
Whooohooo!
Guava Ice..... Mmmmmmmmmm

:dancer2:

Loco Coffee

Mixed at 3% and 6% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, and 50W

Notes: This is a mild coffee, nowhere near the potency of FA Dark Bean Espresso. In both the cream test and vaped freshly mixed, I got a hint of chocolate which edges the flavour towards Caffe Mocha. After several days steep, the chocolate note neither vanishes nor strengthens. It's not up-front but it's enough to convince me that it's more than just plain coffee. Thankfully, this flavour avoids the burnt taste of some other coffees. On the downside, it left me with a somewhat bitter and acrid after-taste at the back of the throat. It's not throat hit, it's a lingering aftertaste. One expects that from a coffee but this was too much, especially considering it is such a mild blend. It's not unpleasant but it's unlikely to be many vapers' favourite coffee.

Recommended percentage: 3% was a little anaemic, 6% was too strong and increased the throat aftertaste. 4% would be about right for my tastes.

Rating: 2/5

Recommend to a friend: Maybe. Taste in coffee is an intensely personal matter. If you're a coffee nut who adds it to many vapes and you're on the lookout for new angles, give this one a whirl. If you only use coffee occasionally and/or have already found a brand that pushes your buttons, this one won't change your mind.

Loco Shortbread

Mixed at 3% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, and 50W

Notes: My initial cream test with this flavour delivered a very prominent vanilla with secondary coconut notes. I was worried that these additives might dominate the base biscuit flavour. But a week's steep pulled the additives back satisfyingly, allowing the golden-baked, sweet, buttery-smooth bakery to come through into relative balance. Although I don't get crunch or grain from the texture, it is the most layered and least linear of the Loco flavours I've tried so far. My main concern from a mixing viewpoint is that there is quite a lot going on. The vanilla note doesn't dominate but remains too prominent for my tastes and may be a characteristic that the mixer doesn't necessarily want. But, vaped as a standalone, it really doesn't need anything else to make a complete, rich and satisfying vape. Best enjoyed by those with a sweet tooth. Ordinarily I don't get to finish my 10ml single flavour sample testers. In this case, I'll be more than happy to make an exception.

Recommended percentage: 3% was bang on, I didn't even bother with other percentages.

Rating: 4/5, would be a 5 if there was a bit more crunch and the vanilla was dialed back a notch.

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely.

Last edited:
Litchi :

Solo : 40/60 PG/VG and 3mg nic.
Mixed at 5% and a definite litchi experience. This litchi is good since it is close to a fresh litchi pealed and eaten just not as sweet. There is a familiar edge to it ..... almost the same background tone as when I tried the cream soda. Not a bad thing at all.

Mixed : 30/70 PG/VG and 3mg nic.
This is better as part of a recipe where one can play around with the sweetness and creaminess.
Compliments TFA litchi well.
Below is the recipe I made and it is a great vape.

upload_2016-11-18_20-44-7.png recipe15.jpg

Rating:
Standalone : 3.5 out of 5
Recipe additive : 4 out of 5

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... yes.

I think the real downfall for these concentrates is that you have to mix such high % to get any flavour to pull through.

Many TFA, FW and LA flavours have to be mixed much higher than Loco, and these still see use. For me, the average % for Loco flavours is a comfortable range - not so high that it becomes uneconomical but not so low either that you have to dilute for accuracy.
Are you talking about a specific flavour, or the range in general?

Many TFA, FW and LA flavours have to be mixed much higher than Loco, and these still see use. For me, the average % for Loco flavours is a comfortable range - not so high that it becomes uneconomical but not so low either that you have to dilute for accuracy.
Are you talking about a specific flavour, or the range in general?
Just the range in general, The flavours I've tested so far seem to only deliver the proper notes at 4 - 6%, so if i want to make a 4 or 5 flavor mix as an extreme example you start getting into the perfume range of that 20%'er.

Don't get me wrong some of the flavours are really good like the Creme Soda, Cream, Ice Cream even the apple is quite nice. I just find in general I can't mix in at 1 - 2% of rounding flavours to create a "fuller" vape... maybe it's because I'm trying max VG who knows. Still dig them though... especially the price

Loco Rose

Notes:

This is a delicate rose flavour made for the discerning mixologist! It has beautiful floral notes with just enough sweetness to enable it to be good enough as a standalone. This off course is the best part of a Turkish Delight recipe and I already mixed one after my first sniff of this!! This wont be for everyone and can easily overpower a mix. Add this sparingly, perhaps with a bit of lemonade or champagne for a delicious summer vape!

This sounds promising - I've been wanting to do a Turkish Delight juice. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

This sounds promising - I've been wanting to do a Turkish Delight juice. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Sure - haven't tried it yet - made 2 versions, simple and complex:

Turkish Delight Complex
Loco Rose 3%
Inw Milk Chocolate 5%
TFA Marshmallow 3%
FA Vienna Cream 0.5%
Sweetner 0.5%

Turkish Delight Simple
Loco Rose 3%
Inw Milk Chocolate 5%

Needs 2 weeks or so for the chocolate to do its thing...

Back