Low nicotine with HEAVY throat hit

Noobvapes

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys

I started DIY and I mix my juices at 3mg (nicotine in VG base) 75vg/25pg.

The mix i make shouldn't provide a throat hit but hits the back of my throat like a mule on steroids.

I have steeped some of my juices for 4 weeks to see if it can be that, but although the flavour is good the throat hit stays the same.

I like the supplier where i get all my concentrates but want to know if there a nicotine product that still provides a 3mg - 6mg nicotine with a lower throat hit (the mix i get is 36mg per 100ml).

Any assistance would be appreciated!

When I started DIYing I used the Nic from Vapeowave and mixed my juices at 3mg and it was perfect! The second bottle of nic that I bought was from Blckvapour and it is definitely a lot harsher than the Vapeowave nic. Best solution - mix your juice at 2mg - sorted my problem right out.

Remember to shake your nic concentrate very well before mixing

Had the same problem, went with other nic "brand" and changed my pg/vg ratios

Another problem might have been the way you steeped it.

I know sunlight can make liquids with nic in extremely harsh on the throat, if not un-vapable, with prolonged exposure.

Think it is my nicotine supplier (won't name) but the video provided in this thread correlates with everything that is wrong with the end result of the mix I think im going to get my nicotine from vapeowave as suggested. Thanks for the help guys!

When I started DIYing I used the Nic from Vapeowave and mixed my juices at 3mg and it was perfect! The second bottle of nic that I bought was from Blckvapour and it is definitely a lot harsher than the Vapeowave nic. Best solution - mix your juice at 2mg - sorted my problem right out.

I also noticed this exact same thing. The juice I am vaping now is way harsher than it's been before and the only change has been the Nic, this batch came from Blckvapour, I am going to tone it down to 2mg tonight and see if it makes a difference. I always forget to shake the nic though, so that might be part of it also. Never had this issue with vapeowave's nic however.

For me this is always down to the concentrates. For example, Bronuts - this stuff is like paint stripper to me. I have deduced it down to either Yellow Cake or Chocolate Glazed Doughnut. I would certainly take a look at this. Perhaps you could mix up a flavourless 3mg batch of just vg and pg. If that is rough, there are only 3 ingredients to point a finger at.

BlckVapour uses Prime-Nic nicotine, which is what the vast majority in South Africa use. Thus, doubt if it is the nic, unless it has something to do with re-packaging, if applicable.

The Nicotine we supply is sold as sealed by Prime-Nic. It is not repacked or mixed by us.

The Nicotine we supply is sold as sealed by Prime-Nic. It is not repacked or mixed by us.
Thanks for the clarification, a colleague and I were wondering this very thing earlier today after we got our latest deliveries. (Great service, again I might add).. Must be something else then. I am mixing up another batch tonight, will see if it persists in this new batch, if not, I must have done something wrong or used a not-well-rinsed syringe or something.

Another point here = remember all juices has a "sweet spot" so play with your temp settings on your mod. I experienced terrible throat hit on recent Rebel Lion product - I upped my temp to 55 (on a .5 ohm ceramic coil) and it was gone... This also balanced the mix nicely and all the flavours came through nicely.

2mg is probably your best shot. That's what I make. Maybe you can get some smooth concentrate as well. Seems to soften the sharp notes on a flavours that could be a bit rough

Another point here = remember all juices has a "sweet spot" so play with your temp settings on your mod. I experienced terrible throat hit on recent Rebel Lion product - I upped my temp to 55 (on a .5 ohm ceramic coil) and it was gone... This also balanced the mix nicely and all the flavours came through nicely.

Although you make a valid point, a few degrees or watts shouldn't change the flavor so noticeably that you cannot vape it any other level. I agree the all have their sweet spots and even multiple sweet spots depending on what profile comes out at certain heat levels, but a juice should not be super harsh at lower wattage forcing you to have to vape at high wattages.

That being said, it was def the nic. as @Richio explained to me the nic might be very "fresh". I went and made some new batches and gave the nic a good shaking first. Zero harshness this time round and the quality of the nic is great. I can actually taste a difference in flavor in some of my mixes just due to the change of nic.

So, for anyone having this particular issue, give it a nice shake before use.

For me this is always down to the concentrates. For example, Bronuts - this stuff is like paint stripper to me. I have deduced it down to either Yellow Cake or Chocolate Glazed Doughnut. I would certainly take a look at this. Perhaps you could mix up a flavourless 3mg batch of just vg and pg. If that is rough, there are only 3 ingredients to point a finger at.

I know this is an old post but I am busy looking up issues with yellow cake myself. I am having that issue with Rhodonite and bronuts, the only similarity is the yellow cake, this has been bugging me for well over a month. Is this a common issue? And if so then why is both of those recipes so famous?
Have you found a solution to the harshness? Because the recipes are so damn good man!

Back