Lurker turned poster..

so decided to make a batch of 80/20 this weekend and see if i can replicate you loss of flavour problem.

made my base and then added my nic, the used 5% fudge brownie and 2% bavarian cream.

my second batch was with 5% watermelon

the initial batch with just shaking by hand was a bit bland.... but then agitated it and the GF suggested i use a baby bottle warmer.

kept it in the warmer for 30min at the lowest setting (lukewarm feeling) and then agitated, kept it again for 30min and tested. much stronger flavour and very thick clouds.

carried on doing this 3 times a day over the weekend and then on sunday i had it perfect :)

i think your problem apart from the agitating is the low flavour percentages. with the watermelon by sat i needed to add a few more drops to really get it to stand out.

maybe move up to 8% and try it out and see if that helps

welcome to the forum @SirMCDeats .as you can see here you will find all the help you want.you are already sorted with great gear,keep it up bud

so decided to make a batch of 80/20 this weekend and see if i can replicate you loss of flavour problem.

made my base and then added my nic, the used 5% fudge brownie and 2% bavarian cream.

my second batch was with 5% watermelon

the initial batch with just shaking by hand was a bit bland.... but then agitated it and the GF suggested i use a baby bottle warmer.

kept it in the warmer for 30min at the lowest setting (lukewarm feeling) and then agitated, kept it again for 30min and tested. much stronger flavour and very thick clouds.

carried on doing this 3 times a day over the weekend and then on sunday i had it perfect :)

i think your problem apart from the agitating is the low flavour percentages. with the watermelon by sat i needed to add a few more drops to really get it to stand out.

maybe move up to 8% and try it out and see if that helps

Hey man, thanks for the effort. Will definitely give this a bash when I find some time! If my job can just stop interfering with my vaping :devil:

hwsit

so i tried a control batch with identical flavours for testing. 1 shaken by hand and then other agitated with the coffee mixer thingy and heated up.

the agitated batch steeped much better had a good amount of flavour and after 1 night and already had developed some colour
the hand shaken batch was very weak in flavour and almost water-like and there was no noticeable change in colour

hwsit

so i tried a control batch with identical flavours for testing. 1 shaken by hand and then other agitated with the coffee mixer thingy and heated up.

the agitated batch steeped much better had a good amount of flavour and after 1 night and already had developed some colour
the hand shaken batch was very weak in flavour and almost water-like and there was no noticeable change in colour

Thanks man, to be honest, I haven't had much time to get back into trying a DIY mix.

Will definitely put some time aside to mix some up this weekend!

Seems like agitating the mix is definitely the best way to get the flavour out.

Back