M7 X 0.5 Tap

don't know when it would be...but I could bring a few taps from germany when I am coming back on a business trip. it would be sometime in the next 2-3 months, I guess.

Thanks @Tom that could definitely be an option if we can't fill moq.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

so, this one here: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Handgewindeb...n_Heimwerker_Handwerkzeug&hash=item3f30ea4f1d

I checked their shipping, its worldwide and there is an estimator for costs. it is 8.50 Euros to SA.
oh...it also says that there are only 4 available, 6 were sold. the seller seems reliable to, 7k sales and 99.8 positive feedback. of the 350 vapers active here...how many would want it to build stuff? 4 should be enough, and the Joburgers and capeys could help it each other out? and the durbanites of course! :D

Thanks to our german correspondent will check it out when I get home.

@Derick I presume you would want this to be a group buy type thing so we should get a count ? Its not something you would stock and there is not a big call for it.

We can sometimes get less than MOQ if we ask nicely - depends on the Co we are dealing with - small companies are often very willing to drop their MOQ - Will see, they have not been online the whole day - will pop them a mail and see if we get a response, but will probably only get any kind of reply on Monday

Went back to the place we got ours and the guy said we got the last one. His supplier wont be bringing in more as they dont sell!

(really? Think they will start to sell now!)

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Been checking out this thread and skimming through it.

I wish I knew exactly what you guys were doing. LOL.

Sounds like discussions being held in a top secret spy lab!!!

Been checking out this thread and skimming through it.

I wish I knew exactly what you guys were doing. LOL.

Sounds like discussions being held in a top secret spy lab!!!

Howdy Silver

A tap is used to make a thread in a hole for a screw to go into. There are different diameters which is the M7 part meaning metric 7mm. The 0.5 refers to the thread pitch, being how far the grooves are from each other. The 510 connection found on most attys are 7mm with a 0.5 pitch thread.
I have a mech with a stripped head so I'm going to fill the hole a bit and then run the tap through it to create new threads for the atty.
I also want to build a few atty build bases. I'll use metal block and shape it then tap a hole to screw a RDA or RBA into for a nice stable work base.

what gazza said :) and it's not really that much of an in demand item, like 3 people here who want one

the last guy finally phoned me back, their supplier in germany will get back to him on monday or tuesday

Howdy Silver

A tap is used to make a thread in a hole for a screw to go into. There are different diameters which is the M7 part meaning metric 7mm. The 0.5 refers to the thread pitch, being how far the grooves are from each other. The 510 connection found on most attys are 7mm with a 0.5 pitch thread.
I have a mech with a stripped head so I'm going to fill the hole a bit and then run the tap through it to create new threads for the atty.
I also want to build a few atty build bases. I'll use metal block and shape it then tap a hole to screw a RDA or RBA into for a nice stable work base.

Many thanks Gazza. Well explained. Now i see the light!

Good luck with your building work.

Just a question, regarding the bases you want to build, why dont you just get one of those dedicated ohm readers? I have the one from Sigelei that i got a while back from Skybluevaping. Works well as a base and also has the function of checking the ohms. Or do you want something more solid and heavy?

solid block of metal doesn't have electronics in it that you can accidently damage :)

Back