Major pitstop

Skyline was being neglected for a while so I decided to do a major pit stop

50780ccf7d2da1afc7fd2ce3b0fca4eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, it was that setup that spurred me on to resurrect my Kayfun5 and put it on my white Pico @Amir

What coil and juice did you decide to go for in the Skyline?

So i started my vape journey about 2 years ago and i started on a Griffin RTA witch kept me well for a good year ;) until i found out there's this thing called a R..D..A..:wasntme: Then got myself a Advken Supra for the V deck for my start into RDA building.

Then just yesterday i was fortunate enough to receive some amazing vape mail that i did not even know was coming my way :think:
From the chef that only does chicken dinners @Rob Fisher :)

I give to you my jump back into the RTA world and what a lil beast to start the builds again 8--)

Ps. The amount of parts this tank had was a bit daunting but i got it all back together and the vape is just.. :rofl::party::inlove:
20180205_185224.jpg
20180205_213939.jpg
20180205_214157.jpg

Ah, it was that setup that spurred me on to resurrect my Kayfun5 and put it on my white Pico @Amir

What coil and juice did you decide to go for in the Skyline?

I went with my standard issue .4 ohm coil... I dont know what it is but I'll ask my coil guy @smilelykumeenit to chip in... And LIT Side Chick duuuh with a touch of 36mg nicotine PG

thanks @Amir!
those are the baby framed staple aliens!
specs and a pic are attached!

Attachments

• @smilelykumeenit FS3.jpg
    @smilelykumeenit FS3.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 32
  • FS3 Specs.png
    FS3 Specs.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 32
So, finally managed to do a pit stop with my billet and insider Boro

During reassembly I noticed two things.... the chimney all of a sudden refuses to sit in the main chamber (soon as I release pressure it pops back out) after trying to press the o ring back in and lubing wth pg and removing said pg it eventually seemed to stay semi put.... next issue, after applying pg to the boros gasket and sliding the glass up I noticed that said gasket has separated from the Boro.. after 20 minutes of pressing, removing, praying and begging no improvement at all... so now I've got a fos insider tank and an exocet that gurgles more than someone using mouth wash...:rolleyes::speechless:

Think I'm going to pack the bb away just go back to my vtc for a few weeks :oops:

So, finally managed to do a pit stop with my billet and insider Boro

During reassembly I noticed two things.... the chimney all of a sudden refuses to sit in the main chamber (soon as I release pressure it pops back out) after trying to press the o ring back in and lubing wth pg and removing said pg it eventually seemed to stay semi put.... next issue, after applying pg to the boros gasket and sliding the glass up I noticed that said gasket has separated from the Boro.. after 20 minutes of pressing, removing, praying and begging no improvement at all... so now I've got a fos insider tank and an exocet that gurgles more than someone using mouth wash...:rolleyes::speechless:

Think I'm going to pack the bb away just go back to my vtc for a few weeks :oops:

@Smoke_A_Llama is it an authentic or clone?

Dvarw's all clean and ready for some Titanium Fiber Cotton and some fresh Red Pill! Boom! :h:
Dvarw 002.JPG Dvarw 003.JPG Dvarw 007.JPG

All sxk oom so that's most definitely why :) ... vaping just ain't agreeing with me lately :rolleyes::-D
The glass slide is supposed to have a slight rounded edge on one side of the top. Putting it in wrong way round does upset the gaskets placement in the groove it sits in. Not sure if all tanks have this rounded edge though, the after market black one I bought did not and I had to round it myself.

Just have a look.

Regards

Sorry to hear your troubles with the bb @Smoke_A_Llama
Hope ymanage to get it sorted
I know the feeling that a particular device seems jinxed and just doesnt want to work properly
Can be so frustrating!

The glass slide is supposed to have a slight rounded edge on one side of the top. Putting it in wrong way round does upset the gaskets placement in the groove it sits in. Not sure if all tanks have this rounded edge though, the after market black one I bought did not and I had to round it myself.

Just have a look.

Regards

It's very slight but its there, possibly made a oops and slide it in the wrong side

All these pitstops look so neat.

I start with everything neat in its place then within a minute, BOOM, cotton and paper towel and atty parts all over the show. And the wife walks past and casually asks "You sure you know what you are doing?"

All these pitstops look so neat.

I start with everything neat in its place then within a minute, BOOM, cotton and paper towel and atty parts all over the show. And the wife walks past and casually asks "You sure you know what you are doing?"

And three hours late fluffs of cotton are still floating around

Had some long time unused atties standing in the atty stand that needed cleaning and packing away.
Then some incurrent rotation that needed a wash and blow as well.
_20180324_151313.JPG _20180324_151219.JPG _20180324_150935.JPG

Regards

This has been a nice lazy weekend and in between I had to sort out and organize my vape space. So batteries wrapped, Desche bags washed, attys and bridges send through the ultrasonic cleaner, freshly coiled and wicked, and all tested with XXX. The world is at peace and well again. A few remaining attys, but tomorrow (and the days after) is another day.

cfa7c2fc2e0fa6e412284a2a95110be3.jpg

Sent by iDad's iPhone

This has been a nice lazy weekend and in between I had to sort out and organize my vape space. So batteries wrapped, Desche bags washed, attys and bridges send through the ultrasonic cleaner, freshly coiled and wicked, and all tested with XXX. The world is at peace and well again. A few remaining attys, but tomorrow (and the days after) is another day.

cfa7c2fc2e0fa6e412284a2a95110be3.jpg

Sent by iDad's iPhone
Winner Winner 21W Dinner!
That is quite a Major pitstop indeed :D

Nice one @RenaldoRheeder !
Great feeling when things are pitstopped and ready!

Zeus stripped...

20180328_231208.jpg
Zeus washed...

20180328_231234.jpg

Zeus coil...

20180328_231318.jpg

Zeus wick...

20180328_231458.jpg

Zeus juiced up...

20180328_231538.jpg

Zeus ready to rock...

20180328_231621.jpg