Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something in between

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Grand Guru

The Vape Guru
LV

Awards
So I grew up watching martial arts movies (the Lees, Van Dammes and their alikes) and like many people I was (and probably still am) fascinated by the culture but, as I started watching boxing fights and then came along the UFC…. I’m not so sure.
My question is simple. Are martial arts really effective for self defence or is it a waste of time and energy?

So I grew up watching martial arts movies (the Lees, Van Dammes and their alikes) and like many people I was (and probably still am) fascinated by the culture but, as I started watching boxing fights and then came along the UFC…. I’m not so sure.
My question is simple. Are martial arts really effective for self defence or is it a waste of time and energy?

It sure is an effective self-defence option but it's way more than that... it's an ethos and mind control and fitness regime. Done wonders for my brother.

Yes its usefull, even if u are not able to pin down ur attacker u atleast would be able to run away fast enough

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

If you know when and how to hit some one and the other guy does not, then you have the advantage. A lot of martial arts will teach things like attacking joints and soft spots and disabling an opponent. A good pull against a joint can work just as well as a punch to the head.

If you know when and how to hit some one and the other guy does not, then you have the advantage. A lot of martial arts will teach things like attacking joints and soft spots and disabling an opponent. A good pull against a joint can work just as well as a punch to the head.
A good pull ON a joint can work just as well as a punch to the head. Or so they tell me.

Yes it's effective same as any other fighting art form if it's used for the right purpose. Basically it's a dissipline, you don't fight unless you have to, but you have the ability to protect yourself.

Back