Mavaton X

Well, I got a response from cottonman.com and a tracking number. My order is still floating on the USPS network and left the US on the 23rd of December. That's where the tracking stops and I have no idea where my package is or if I'm even going to get it.

USPS in the US works very well most times... if it's heading to SA then the SA Post Office is where the wheels are going to come off. I have stopped trying to get anything via SAPO!

That's why I have an account at MyUS.com and ship everything from outside SA to MyUS and then consolidate a few parcel and DHL to SA.

Had this issue with other stuff in November.
Still hasn't arrived. Tracking status last said it was within the 'partner network' or something like that.
Suspect it arrived in SA and got into our postal abyss.

That is EXACTLY what has happened! SAPO is F'ing USELESS!

That was my thoughts exactly when I opened the tin... those "bits" are parts of the cotton seeds and part of the natural organic cotton at a best guess. And the part that is really boggling me is that the flavour is really really good... I can't quite put my finger on it yet but this Mavaton X Organic cotton is unlike any wicking material I have tried before... and just for the record, I hate Japanese Cotton which most people swear by... I get a horrible cotton taste from it... and this Mavaton has none of that taste...

I'm on tank refill number three and the taste is still 100% on point.

Sorry Uncle Rob, but I get a heavy cotton taste off this. It's not a bad taste, but it's quite heavy. Only wicked it now, but will see how long it takes to "run in".

Sorry Uncle Rob, but I get a heavy cotton taste off this. It's not a bad taste, but it's quite heavy. Only wicked it now, but will see how long it takes to "run in".

Wow! Really! I get no cotton taste at all! Stick with it and really taste the flavour difference... let me know how you go!

What juice were you vaping on it @zadiac ?

Maybe the Red Pill in Robs setup is masking the cotton taste?

What juice were you vaping on it @zadiac ?

Maybe the Red Pill in Robs setup is masking the cotton taste?

I'm vaping a dessert tobacco @Silver. Run-in time is about a whole tank (5.5ml), but then the flavor gets real good, I have to say.

For those of you with the eternal quest for the perfect wicking material, I'm happy to say that Mavaton X has a new version and it's a lot "cleaner" and easier to work with than the previous version.
MavatonX 001.JPG MavatonX 003.JPG MavatonX 004.JPG MavatonX 005.JPG

Glad to hear Movation have made some improvement as long as its for the better. Still trying to get over the TFC Elite that ended up worse then the orginal when they changed it.

Last edited:
Glad to hear they have made some improvement as long as its for the better. Still trying to get over the TFC Elite that ended up worse then the orginal when the changed it.

Do you prefer the old one vs the Elite?

Orginal TFC was better in my opinion, easier to work with and great flavour. TFC Elite not so much, think the change in density threw my wicking off, don’t get the same flavour as before.

Will try Movation X when someone brings it in locally.

Despite the hassle factor and wastage when using Mavaton X it is still the best wicking for my setups!
Mavaton X 2.JPG

"Mavaton's X is a non GMO cotton variety developed by the University of Arkansas UA22. Grown and processed by Cottonman.com, LLC for an elite vaping experience. Grown on my organic farm on Mavaton Rd. Edenton, NC. Using only safe products to both produce and process, it is the first USDA Certified Organic Cotton Wick. Growing cotton in Eastern NC region tends to produce a thicker cotton fiber. Thicker fiber withstands higher temperatures, ultimately providing the user a longer lasting wick. We take pride in safely removing the natural oils and waxes to ensure a safe, absorbent cotton product with the highest possible capillary action. No Flavor Issues No Break In My equipment is all very nice but low production with lots of labor. We don't crank out 1000's of lbs. a day. Lucky to get 1 lb. actually. Anyway, I love what I do and I hope you enjoy my Mavaton X Organic Cotton Wick Try it today ~ you will not be disappointed.

Mavaton X is still the top of the heap despite the wastage and the fact it's probably the most expensive of the wicking materials... but as a percentage of the total vaping cost it's really a non-issue when striving for the perfect vape!

Big rewick tonight!

Before!
Rewick 2.jpg

After
Rewick 3.jpg

The wastage!
Rewick 4.jpg

I'm vaping a dessert tobacco @Silver. Run-in time is about a whole tank (5.5ml), but then the flavor gets real good, I have to say.

Sounds like when I commonly wick too hard with Japanese cotton.

I know Rob said he hates it. But I swear you take Jap cotton, boil it, and it looks the same as this.

I boil and dry all my Japanese Cotton, it gives it that extra fluff and no other cotton lasts this long for me. I very lightly do the "scottish roll", otherwise you get cotton taste, about 3 times the size of the coil. I used to use it without boiling with great results, you have to separate it quite a bit before rolling, and slightly too tight and it will give cotton taste.

I've got to thank @Rob Fisher for this creating this thread.

I had a scare today as there does not seem to be any more Kendo cotton in South Africa which is the only cotton that I will use as it excels with complex eliquids and their flavor notes. TFC, Cotton Bacon V2 + Prime, Cotton Candy and Native Wicks have all been big let downs compared.

After searching frantically for a worthy replacement, I stumbled on this thread and also saw that it was Jai Haze(Do not like the guy personally) approved, along with doing some additional research. I drove to an awesome vape specialty store called Vapers Cafe in PTA from JHB who seems to be the only store in Gauteng that stocks Mavaton.

Wow, this cotton is incredible. It has a similar texture to Kendo and for the first time with another cotton brand, the flavor is on par or even ever so slightly better than Kendo.

Only a pleasure @CMMACKEM! I know how you feel... when I first tried it I was unsure why the flavour was so good and quite different. I then got my mate to try it and watched his face. Same story! Mavaton X is the way and the life! :h:

I had a scare today as there does not seem to be any more Kendo cotton in South Africa which is the only cotton that I will use as it excels with complex eliquids and their flavor notes. TFC, Cotton Bacon V2 + Prime, Cotton Candy and Native Wicks have all been big let downs compared.

After searching frantically for a worthy replacement, I stumbled on this thread and also saw that it was Jai Haze(Do not like the guy personally) approved, along with doing some additional research. I drove to an awesome vape specialty store called Vapers Cafe in PTA from JHB who seems to be the only store in Gauteng that stocks Mavaton.

Wow, this cotton is incredible. It has a similar texture to Kendo and for the first time with another cotton brand, the flavor is on par or even ever so slightly better than Kendo.

thanks @CMMACKEM
Am curious to hear if you get to try it out on tobaccoes and tobacco desserty type juices

Only a pleasure @CMMACKEM! I know how you feel... when I first tried it I was unsure why the flavour was so good and quite different. I then got my mate to try it and watched his face. Same story! Mavaton X is the way and the life! :h:

When wicking with Kendo, I had to pour several drops of juice on the cotton and dry burn to get rid of that initial cotton taste. Mavaton does not have any of that but all the flavor.

Thanks again, I had a huge panic with the Kendo.

Try Vapers Corner
https://vaperscorner.co.za/product/mavaton-x-cotton/
And Sir Vape
https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/new/products/copy-of-new-cotton-bacon-prime

Last edited:
Back