Mech vs Regulated

if you like to vape 80watts dual coil warm vape or higher the build wont help lol

@Paulie - single coil - 15Watts - but just up the performance of the juice - hehe
Less clouds - but a nice punch in the throat
evil grin

See i like big builds like Fused claptons, Alien Claptons and usually vape around 110watts on my Dna200 mod.

I don't have time to wait for a mech to heat my coil and after 30min of vaping replace drained batteries.

I love my Hexohm mods due to it working 50% like a mech but on the end of the day its still a regulated mod. The vape on a Hex is also as smooth as a mech but without battery sagging problems.

Last edited:
See i like big builds like Fused claptons, Alien Claptons and usually vape around 110watts on my Dna200 mod.

I don't have time to wait for a mech to heat my coil and after 30min of vaping replace drained batteries.

I love my Hexohm mods due to it working 50% like a mech but on the end of the day its still a regulated mod. The vape on a Hex is also as smooth as a mech but without battery sagging problems.

And that is great bud, keep chucking along ;-)

Some people love simple coils, like me and some are like you that love claptons, to each his own. But there shouldnt be a reason to hate on one another is all im on about. (note, im not saying you are hating, just to be clear. Youre awesome just the way you are ;))

No offense taken @Daniel... but just for the record... I don't sell anything and don't represent any vendor or any have any business dealings at all in the vape industry despite being invited many times to join vendors and companies in the vape game.

I am beholden to no one in the vape game and am an independent hobbyist who spreads the word according to the VAPE!

I think I should have put 'sell' like this '' :) Sorry oom really no offense meant .... we all drink the kool-aid ;)

And that is great bud, keep chucking along ;-)

Some people love simple coils, like me and some are like you that love claptons, to each his own. But there shouldnt be a reason to hate on one another is all im on about. (note, im not saying you are hating, just to be clear. Youre awesome just the way you are ;))

Yeah bro not hating at all If something works for you and keep you off the stinky then I'm happy.

Yeah bro not hating at all If something works for you and keep you off the stinky then I'm happy.
I remember REO's wouldn't be in you possession for more than a week.
Definately not a single 18650 mech guy.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I remember REO's wouldn't be in you possession for more than a week.
Definately not a single 18650 mech guy.

Yeah bro but to be honest i love that mod so much but it just does not suit my vaping style. Back in the day when i was on 12mg nic dual 28g coils it definitely worked for me. But as you know everybody's vaping style changes.

The thing I mostly hear about mechanicals is it's potential output power being super high etc. But honestly, owning Tesla Invader v3 (regulated) that goes up to 240w is overkill. I don't think anyone ever Vapes at that level all day every day. My point is that its probably best to say that there are different devices for different situations. Although it is nice to be able to crank it up in a blue moon if I need to i know i can

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of getting a Cricket II for my SM25 , any advise or quick reviews on it ?

I'm thinking of getting a Cricket II for my SM25 , any advise or quick reviews on it ?
I played with one and it might be on my nice to have list. Pretty solid build, can change from series to parallel quickly you don't even have to switch batteries around to do it, option of straight power or pwm and safety built in. Its alot of mod for your money.

@Daniel its great that you have found your "vaping nirvana" especially after getting back into it just a month ago.

We all have our own vaping habits and thats the AMAZING part of this industry. It's all so customizable and everyone can find or at least try to see what they enjoy. The beauty of it is how personal the vaping journey is, we all can comment and suggest on what's good but at the end it's up to personal preference. Arguing that your setup is better than somebody else's is just not the way we conduct ourselves on this forum.

For me the mech mod phase was short lived. I enjoyed my reo's and my vast collection of BF attys. I still have 2 reos and even did a PIF to a very special member on this forum.
Alas the single battery was just not for me. I needed more power and a reo was not as satisfying.

With a mech you build your coil to get the right resistance for power delivery. I didn't like that idea at all!

I wanted power! And my choose of coils for how I wanted to vape and that is the major downfall of a mech.

Also for some of us that use multiple attys on the same device having the ability to adjust the power is crucial.
You make valid points, for me multiple battery devices suit my needs more these days.mech or reg I usually only use singles for going out ,say to dinner or a concert for the convenience of size.

I'm currently running the V-God 150 and Limitless Classic with dual alien claptons in wattage mode. The coils come in at .13 Ohm and I run it at between 95 and 100 watts. If I switch the V-God over to mechanical mode, it runs the coils at 122watts, which is waaaaaay too high and hot for me. And that right there is why I prefer regulated.

Just my 2c (and each to his own)

Ok I need to eat some humble pie, chain vaping is NOT for Mechs. Been vaping my SM25 on my old Aspire CF Mod and had to change Batts twice. I think I need a regulated mod.....

Back