Mikes Mega Mixes - Juice Reviews

@phanatik, the bakery notes blend in very well, they're part of what adds the syrupy flavour ;) But they are definitely subtle!!

@zadiac, I appreciate your review man. Something doesn't sound right though, I'm going to contact you via PM as I'd like a few more details from you please. I can understand that taste is subjective, but something about how you've experienced it suggests to me that there's a problem.

I'm currently chasing a sample of the MMM Sweet Bac through an iJust2, which renders flavors quite well.
Even though I am not a tobacco fan, the flavor is more reminiscent of sucking through an unlit stinkie, cigarillo or cigar, with sweetish overtones on the inhale, and full on tobacco mostly noticeable when doing a nasal exhale.
Not being a tobacco fan, it is not an ADV for me, but it's definitely not an unpleasant vape. I can easily understand why this is rated highly by tobacco loving members.
I'm not sure what you experienced @zadiac, but as @Mike mentioned, it doesn't sound right.

Thanks for the input @Kuhlkatz. I'm chatting to @zadiac - it seems like the batch needs further steeping. Tobaccos are pesky animals in that sense, especially Sweetbac.

For now, he's agreed to give it a chance to steep and let me know if he still feels the same way about it once we're 100% sure the juice is good-to-go.

@Mike, I might not be a tobacco fan, but if you ever do a Vanilla Sky Tobacco rendition or something similar, it might just get me off my daily dosage of Lime Party.

I'm very keen on finding a "hurricane vapor - sunshine cured tobacco" taste.

All the tobaccos I find to sweet and desert like. I was hoping that Ashy Bac would be the one for me, but unfortunately for my palate, it doesn't gel.

Last edited:
So I was looking for a nice sweet tobacco flavor and reading the comments on the forum, I decided to try out MMM Sweet Bac.
Now look, I'm not trying to be a d**k here, this is just my honest opnion and how I experienced it.

One word: No.

I'm sorry, definitely not my thing. I get it that taste differs from person to person, but I doubt my taste differs so much that where you would eat an apple and taste apple, that I would eat the same apple and taste a lemon.

When I opened the bottle and smelled it, I was already put down. Not going to mention here what it smelled like to me as I don't want to be rude.
Dripped a few drops of it in a dripper and tried it and that was even worse. Not going to mention what it tasted like either.

Tobacco tastes like tobacco, and this doesn't taste like tobacco to me.
I'm sorry if anyone takes offense at this, but this is how I experienced it. I bought it for the purpose of trying it out and I will be putting my and my friend's bottles of Sweet Bac up for sale. Only like 10 drops out of the second bottle. The first is still full.
We need more honest feedback re juices imo. That said, I have found that tobacco is the one category where it must just be perfect for your palate. Unlike other categories where one has a much bigger tolerance. I have probably tried around 50 different NET tobaccos and only 3 ended up in my permanent rotation - MMM AshyBac, Tarks Matador and Cigarillos by House of Liquids.

That said, I have found that tobacco is the one category where it must just be perfect for your palate. Unlike other categories where one has a much bigger tolerance.

This is so true. Tobaccos are an incredibly polarising flavour and one person may absolutely love what the next one hates - especially if you're doing something adventurous. I knew this and chose rather to release them knowing that fact, instead of going for something safe and uninspired.

However, hopefully a good steep will right the ship a little. I'm able to accept someone not liking the flavour, but hearing that someone thinks it's objectively kak is a tough sandwhich to eat. I care about my juices and have worked hard to develop them to this point.

@Mike, I might not be a tobacco fan, but if you ever do a Vanilla Sky Tobacco rendition or something similar, it might just get me off my daily dosage of Lime Party.
Mike, if you can get something close to Vanilla Sky Tobacco I will buy it by the litre!

I will second what @Andre said
Tobaccoes have to be just right for one's palate to enjoy them
And if theyre not to your palate, they can be quite awful.

I understand what you're saying @Mike , and I do apologize again if I hurt your feelings. I will edit my original post.
Thing is, I've vaped quite a few tobacco juices in my life and also DIY'd a few as well and I like tobaccos. That is why I was so shocked by the outcome of this. Like I said, I will give it the benefit of the doubt and let steep for a few weeks and then try again.

Ashy Bac for me have a bit of a sweet under tone after a good few puffs.

Edit:the bottle I had was steeped for a extra month not sure if that helped, but that's when I got around to it

This is so true. Tobaccos are an incredibly polarising flavour and one person may absolutely love what the next one hates - especially if you're doing something adventurous. I knew this and chose rather to release them knowing that fact, instead of going for something safe and uninspired.

However, hopefully a good steep will right the ship a little. I'm able to accept someone not liking the flavour, but hearing that someone thinks it's objectively kak is a tough sandwhich to eat. I care about my juices and have worked hard to develop them to this point.

A bit of topic, what's the recommended steep time on your juices?

They do all vary. I'd say from most to least would be

Sweetbac
Ashybac
Noggy Rock
Dragon Juice
Custa Nise

I'd say Sweetbac needs around 3-4 weeks, whereas Custa Nise is around 2 weeks. I try to make sure they're all steeped before delivery, but sometimes (like in Zadiac's case) demand is just too high to keep up with.

Company: Mike's Mega Mixes
Product Name: Sweet Bac
Product Image:
31108-89d39b89634d19d7822dec6ed54e7f29.jpg

Device: King Mini-Epipe
maxresdefault.jpg

Atomiser: No idea
Coil Resistance: No idea
Wicking Material: No idea

Strength: 0mg
Blend: Naturally extracted tobacco (NET)
Price: R110 (30ml)

Review:
Background:

I think it's good to provide a background on the kind of vaper I am, as that will give some context to the review.

I don't vape every day. If I did, I would be managing a permanent sinus infection. Unfortunately, it just does that to me. I am an occasional pipe smoker, and came to vaping so that I could find a quicker way to enjoy a pipe and also manage my nicotine intake more effectively.

Pipe smoking doesn't really get you addicted to nicotine. I've never had any cravings, despite years of pipe smoking. I think coffee is more addictive, to be honest! This may be because I haven't smoked every day, but I think it's more because you don't inhale with pipe smoking. I started pipe smoking for three reasons: (1) For nostalgia and to satisfy my romantic notions with the past (including my own); (2) for the smell of it; (3) for the taste.

I provide this background to outline why I got Mikes Mega Mixes Sweet Bac with 0mg nicotine. The juice is based on "sweet pipes and cigars" (as the description says) but it's also a naturally extracted tobacco (NET) juice. This means that real tobacco was used in the process. I got 0mg nicotine because that's my preference.

When I first tried vaping I got my device (pictured above) and bought a bottle of LIQUA's "French pipe" and "Cuban Cigar". I was sorely disappointed. But I thought there must be something better than this, and read from several sources that NET liquids provide the closest taste you can get to a traditional pipe.

But they're expensive to bring in from overseas. I put the vaping down for a while because I just couldn't justify the cost. Hence, I don't have anything else to compare this to, except the disgusting LIQUA French Pipe and it's supposed Cuban Cigar flavour. So I was excited when I found out that @Mike made local NET juices. To my knowledge, he is the only one! I hope that this review might encourage others to give it a try and encourage him to make more!

What it was like

Brilliant.

I was too impatient and amped to get going to let it steep. But from the first draw, I realised I was dealing with something wholly different to the pretend-tobacco flavours. It hits you with a bit of sweetness at first but, the longer you draw, the more you can taste a tobacco 'burnt'-like flavour, which gives it a brilliant edge, and makes you want to have more. It tastes like a decent sweet pipe tobacco tastes, minus the ashyness - so you get the nice stuff without the ugly stuff. For me, it's exactly what I've been looking for the last few years! At last.

My only criticism is that I would still also like a tobacco juice that isn't sweet. But hopefully that will come.

Similar to: No idea. I don't have enough $$ to compare with lots of liquids!

Avoid if: You're weird. Ok, I suppose avoid it if you don't like tobacco flavours. But if you do, it's great!

Last edited:
Hahaha, I was SO confused because you used Skola's pic. All I thought was, where the hell did you find such old stock? :rofl:

I'm very happy you've enjoyed the juice. Thank you for the lovely review!!!

Last edited:
Hahaha, I was SO confused because you used Skola's pic. All I thought was, where the hell did you find such old stock? :rofl:
Haha, sorry. I just Google imaged searched, actually, and got that. I'll replace it with a pic of my own when my phone's charged, a little later.

I'm very happy you've enjoyed the juice. Thank you for the lovely review. I do however see that you used Ashybac
Grrr... It was the keyboard, I promise :--P Ok, edited that.

Instead of Sweetbac. Ashybac is the drier, less sweet of the two tobaccos in the MMM range :--)
Well, that settles it. Ashy Bac is next!

Hi all

This is my first review of a Mike's Mega Mixes juice. For those who don't know, Mike's Mega Mixes is run by @Mike on this forum, who is a determined and very talented juice maker. He makes his juices locally and has a growing range of interesting flavours. I bought several MMM juices about a month ago and decided to start with Ashybac.

I got the 18mg strength. The juice is 70%VG. 30ml cost me R140. I've been vaping it for about the past three weeks. Bottle is almost empty. Here goes...

Mike's Mega Mixes - AshyBac (18mg)

Bottom line - Wow, this is a lovely no-nonsense, dry and slightly woody tobacco. I liked it for its plain authentic taste and glorious strong throat hit. Without a doubt, this is a winner in my book and I will certainly be re-ordering.

Iphone Ashybac.jpg

It has a light orange colour and smells like tobacco.

I get an authentic tobacco taste with a slight woodiness to it. It's dry - in a good way. There is a very slight sweetness in the background. It has a great "plain" no-nonsense tobacco taste. It's bold and lovely. I found it very satisfying and I liked it more the more I vaped it.

It's not a sweet vape at all despite the slight sweetness I pick up. This is dry and slightly woody, which I feel adds to it's boldness. It's a fairly warm vape. I liked the way it feels like you are vaping a full mouthful on each drag. Pleased to report that it's an authentic tasting tobacco - no artificial tones or tastes coming through.

Throat hit is glorious and strong. Impressive for a 70%VG juice. This juice thumps very nicely and leaves a slight tingling on my tongue and mouth, which I found very pleasing. Vapour production was good.

It has a fairly coarse texture, which suits the profile to a tee. There is no messing around, this is a bold vape. Not for mild all-day mindless tooting - this juice is for when you need a proper vape and want to sort out the nic craving. It delivers well. I was finding much enjoyment repeatedly sorting out my nic craving, so was grabbing it more than I thought I would ;-) It vaped very well in my equipment.

The aftertaste is lovely. Dryish tobacco taste with the slight tingling sensation. It stays for a while. Very pleasant.

I vaped it at all times of the day. Found it particularly great after meals. I did find this juice made me more thirsty than usual. So make sure you have water or drinks at hand.

I don't have any negatives on this juice. I am quite confident it will enter into my top few tobaccoes (which are all international at this stage) and I will most certainly be ordering more. Overall it is a clear winning juice for me.

If you like your no-nonsense tobacco vapes - definitely give this one a try.

I only vaped this on my "thumper" Reo/RM2 setup - with a 045 ohm paracoil. This is how I like to vape my tobaccoes. I didn't want to try it on any other setup or tank because it was just so good in this setup.

Packaging:
- Good packaging overall
- Dark plastic bottle with a great glass dropper cap. The dropper has the narrow tip at the end, which works very well.
- The labelling is good. Flavour name and nic strength is clearly visible. However, I did not see any mention of the PG/VG ratio on the bottle.
- The cap is of the "child deterrent" variety.

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - 0.45 ohm para-coil - Koh Gen Doh wick - (32 to 39 Watts, depending on battery level)

I would just like to step in here and offer an apology to @Mike
My first impressions of the Sweetbac was bad and I posted my impressions in this thread, but seeing as I'm the only one who doesn't like the Sweetbac, then the problem lies with me. I accept that and if I put MMM in a bad light with anybody, then I apologize for that, it was not my intention.
Mike sent me a second bottle of the Sweetbac to see if it tastes different than the one I bought first, but alas, no, it doesn't. It tastes the same as the first one, which means it's just not for me and that there is nothing wrong with the juice as many others have bought it and it is generally received well by everyone else.
A big thanks to @Mike for the effort he made and also for the Custa Nise he sent with the second bottle of Sweetbac. All is sorted now and seeing that I have three bottles of Sweetback now, I'm going to fiddle with it to make it more vapeable for me.
Again, my sincere apologies.

Back